thanksgiving 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I just looked at the calendar and Thanksgiving this year falls on November 25th, just one month until Christmas. That will be another quick month!
Thanks for the heads up. Those 4 week years just fly by and are not my favorite.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
And Hanukkah begins on Sunday, November 28, which is at the end of the Thanksgiving weekend. This really complicates gift shopping!

Remember, the Jewish holidays are either early or late - they are never on time!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
And Hanukkah begins on Sunday, November 28, which is at the end of the Thanksgiving weekend. This really complicates gift shopping!
Maybe it will make it easier. You will have to get it all done at one time. Multitasking at its best. It will go well for you because you are a great plan ahead person.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am so interested to read about all of your Thanksgiving plans. I am sure that if we celebrated here it would be one of my favourite holidays.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We are entertaining the idea of hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year. My mom's house is so much smaller since they downsized and there are 21 of us total now that we will be there (I think). Our house will be much larger and able to accommodate everyone easier. It's farther for my brother but closer for everyone else, obviously my mom and stepdad would have to drive and get there early to help cook. haha We'll have to discuss and see how we feel about having so many in our house (kids that we don't know- nieces and nephews some very rowdy from what I hear) and then really discuss with my mom and see how she feels about it all.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Basically, for us, it's a question of if my SIL will be hosting in Syracuse and if MIL will be able to attend. Ready to do it either way.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jess, I suppose you could host a smaller gathering earlier, (Like July 4th). See how it goes before deciding if hosting Thanksgiving is for you.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Jess, I suppose you could host a smaller gathering earlier, (Like July 4th). See how it goes before deciding if hosting Thanksgiving is for you.
We'll definitely be at my mom's for that one. We go out on the boat to watch fireworks on the lake. The entire family only gets together for Thanksgiving and Christmas. But I like the suggestion. Maybe I can come up with something else. Oh, I know! We are going to have a housewarming/retirement party I believe once we get settled so that can definitely be a test. I'm not sure who will come but we can invite everyone and DH's family will be invited as well so that will be interesting.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We hosted at our house last year - the first family get together after Covid hit. Some of you may remember all the guidelines I put into place to help everyone stay safe. The entire dynamics of our extended family has shifted (i.e. DSis#2's children - DN#1 is doing an internship through December in Alabama; DN#2 is moving back to San Antonio - yes, after our helping her 'move home' just last summer; DN#3 is who knows where, living on the streets somewhere; DN#4 has left her DH and moved in with some man only 2 weeks after leaving her DH). I'm thinking of hosting only my children and grandsons, Mama, and my two sisters (if they want to come), along with great-nephew who lives with Sis#2, this year. Except for Sis#2 and her grandson, I know that everyone who will be there has either had the virus or the vaccine. Our home will easily accommodate everyone. I could even invite DDIL's and DSonIL's parents to join with no problem.

This makes me excited!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We hosted at our house last year - the first family get together after Covid hit.
Hopefully there will be some sort of normal this year.

Reactions: missjane

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm not sure about Thanksgiving. I hadn't really thought about it. I guess I have to get it together.

Reactions: HouseElf