Thanksgiving 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have any of you finalised your menus or plans yet? I am always interested to see how you celebrate.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
My Thanksgiving with the Canadians is not happening. One family could not come and participate and I never want to let any feel they are left out. I have lived with that for many years because I live in a different state than siblings and they don't always give me an invite and let me opportunity for myself. So next year.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I’ll be ordering dinner from the same restaurant again this year. I will make a pumpkin pie because we prefer mine over theirs. With just the 2 of us now and neither one of us is in love with turkey, it works perfect. I miss having the big family dinner here but that’s the process of life. Our son will spend the holiday with his birth mom and her new family so he can be with us for Christmas.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Having dinner with DD and DSIL tonite, so this will be a topc of discussion.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Heading up to Syracuse for the big family dinner.

Last year was surprisingly fun. And, it's a nice break for me, staying at a hotel and not having to cook - I do all the cooking beforehand for the big feast. I lso get to check out the local Cracker Barrel:).

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
will invite family for that weekend.. already invited sis & dad (through her) , need to invite brothers. Some will be arriving for lunch (I think).
Thinking spaghetti sauce in the crockpot for Saturday night, big breakfast Sunday and soup & sandwiches for Sunday lunch.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I’ll be ordering dinner from the same restaurant again this year. I will make a pumpkin pie because we prefer mine over theirs. With just the 2 of us now and neither one of us is in love with turkey, it works perfect. I miss having the big family dinner here but that’s the process of life. Our son will spend the holiday with his birth mom and her new family so he can be with us for Christmas.
It is so nice of your to share your son with his birth mom now. She shared her son with you and now you are saying Thank You.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thanksgiving dinner is ordered. Will pick up thanksgiving eve day and have a lunch date planned with husband at the restaurant.
will it be ready to serve or frozen?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanksgiving dinner is ordered
I hope that it is a great meal. Seems like a very no fuss way of celebrating.

My aunty told me that her and my uncle are going out for Christmas lunch this year. They are going to a well known hotel in their city. The shocker is the meal is just over $300 per person!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I hope that it is a great meal. Seems like a very no fuss way of celebrating.

My aunty told me that her and my uncle are going out for Christmas lunch this year. They are going to a well known hotel in their city. The shocker is the meal is just over $300 per person!!
That sounds wonderful!! How exciting! We’ve done fancy dinners (not on a holiday though) like that a couple of times in our life. I hope they have a beautiful day! Such memories they will have.

We both miss having the big family dinner but now that it’s just the 2 of us, it’s perfect. The food has been really good. We have a nice bottle of wine and have a nice relaxing day.