Thanksgiving Celebration

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
What makes your Thanksgiving celebration complete?

For me it is several things.

1. My family. My family is very important to me and being able to spend this time with them means so much to me. It is wonderful to celebrate the day and the upcoming holidays with my family. It also allows a time for us to slow down and count the many blessings that each of us have received during the year.

2. The food! Each season or holiday comes with it's own feast. Whether it be the Fourth of July, Easter, or Halloween, there is always something special on the table. For me, Thanksgiving could not be complete without the delicious goodies. I LOVE turkey and when there's a special occassion for it - even better! :lol: I love stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls, jellos, and pies! There is something quite enjoyable about all of these comfort foods. I love sitting at the table laughing with my family while we enjoy the Thanksgiving meal.

3. Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. No matter how old I get I still love that little guy and his friends. I have the entire set of Charlie Brown holidays shows and I love to induldge myself each year.

I've shared a few of my ideas of what makes my Thanksgiving complete - what are some of yours?

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
How could I forget about the parade! :eek:

It's one of the best parts of the day!

3-Little-Elves

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Being with family

Eating wonderful food

Decorating our restaurant for Christmas

Football--I don't watch too much of it, but it wouldn't feel like thanksgiving without someone yelling at the t.v.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Part of Thanksgiving here has always meant spending a part of the day outdoors,whether it be playing with the kids, raking, or just standing around joking with other family members.
I always look forward to the Thanksgiving prayer, it's done by a different member of the family each year and is a wonderful insight into what people are really thankful for and what we should remember to be thankful for every day! :pilgrim:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
What makes your Thanksgiving celebration complete?

1. Family! I too love spending the day with my family, sharing the feast, playing games, walking in the lovely fall weather and giving thanks for each other.

2. Feast! The men in my family love to eat, and this is my favourite meal to prepare!

3. Faith! We attend Mass and give thanks, the key in our family celebration.

:friendly:

snow67cwth

MHH Member
Oct 17, 2007
:friendly: Giving thanks to God, first and formost
My Family
Food
DESSERT!!!! :haha:

mom24hr7dz

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Watch the parade
go to church service
go to parents to visit, watch game, and eat.
watch the football game cause our team is playing(Go Packers)
eat lots of food but save room for the desserts.
Will look at ads for shopping the next day

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
It's the "family meal". As kids grow up and move out, getting together for that "special meal" means so much.
(That's why I have Family Dinner Day once a month...just so we can all get together for a meal and get caught up with one another.)
Thanksgiving is kind of like Family Dinner Day on steroids. :grin:

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
For me it is all about food and family. When I was in college I was 1,000 miles from home and only made it back at Christmas so I adopted a family for Thanksgiving. My roommate and I always hosted dinner for our friends who could not go home, so we all became family for a day. I hated the thought of anyone spending a holiday alone. :turkey:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
The only year I've ever been away from home on Thanksgiving was miserable. I was 25 years old, at the police academy and we had to do physical training on Thanksgiving. Instead of being with my family and eating good food, I was running 4 miles and doing situps! Yuck! They did feed us something they called turkey but...I'm not sure that's quite what is was. Anyway, the next year I throughly enjoyed my holiday!! I think I was working, but at least I was at home and could go by and eat! LOL! :turkey:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Cathy,
That surely doesn't sound like much of a Thanksgiving. I hope your have happier memories of other Thanksgiving days.

wiggymrs

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
Dothan, AL, USA
For me, it is definitely family and food. The same food every year--don't go messing with the menu! :rotflol:

My family all lives very close to each other but some years, Thanksgiving is the only time we see some of them. We have recently moved from the Atlanta, GA, area to Dothan in southeast Alabama. My DH was born and raised in Atlanta; he's an only child and both his parents have passed. So my family is his family now. :)

We are hosting Thanksgiving Dinner for as many of my brothers and their families that can make the trip! My parents are coming and my aunt, cousins and their families are coming up from south Florida, too! I can't wait!!!!!

Elaine/wiggymrs