Thanksgiving Countdown Week One

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
:friendly: Good morning everyone. I'm sorry I was running late this morning. Today we will be starting the Countdown to Thanksgiving Day!

Week 1: Get Organized

1. Make the promise. Promise to spend 15 minutes each day to get organized for the big event.

2. Set up a notebook or a section in your notebook to help organize. Remeber to add some blank pages for notes and records.

3. Create or print lists that might be needed. For example, Guest list, food list, shopping list, etc.

4. Invite guests.

5. Begin planning the menu. Keep track of who is bringing what for the menu. I recommend keeping this information on the Potluck Planner form found at Organized Christmas.

6. Order flower centerpiece or plan now to make your own.

House Prep: We will continue to follow the H+H plan over at OC.

Note: Clean out the fridge now to make room for Thanksgiving items.

Have fun and don't forget to report your progress.

Not only will we be cleaning out the "fridge" to make room, I think my dad and I are going to look at the freezer on sale at Big Lots today. I so hope we get it because then I can get going on OAMC cooking and freeze some cookie dough and pie crusts and more. Can you tell I'm excited :pink:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Ready, set, go! I need this to get on track for the big day! I've spent so much time focusing on the Boo!Bash! last weekend that I've neglected Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not good!!
So, here we go!!

1. Make the promise. Promise to spend 15 minutes each day to get organized for the big event.
I'll do this. It's the best way to get going!

2. Set up a notebook or a section in your notebook to help organize. Remember to add some blank pages for notes and records. Done!

3. Create or print lists that might be needed. For example, Guest list, food list, shopping list, etc. I'll work on this today and tomorrow!

4. Invite guests. Need to get on this.

5. Begin planning the menu. Keep track of who is bringing what for the menu. I recommend keeping this information on the Potluck Planner form found at Organized Christmas. I'll work on this this weekend.

6. Order flower centerpiece or plan now to make your own. Working on this. I'm waiting to see what Kirkland's has on sale next week!

House Prep: We will continue to follow the H+H plan over at OC.

Note: Clean out the fridge now to make room for Thanksgiving items.

Pretty well on track with the H+H plan. I clean the fridge every Friday before I buy groceries!

Gobble, gobble!!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I was very excited to find this site through OC, will try to be more faithful to posting and not such a lurker lol.
Anyways, really planning on following this Countdown. I always have Thanksgiving at my house with a variety guests everyyear. This year will be no different! Wish me luck, will start my week 1 of organizing today!!!!

Toni :friendly:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
1. Make the promise. Promise to spend 15 minutes each day to get organized for the big event. This will not be a problem.

2. Set up a notebook or a section in your notebook to help organize. Remeber to add some blank pages for notes and records. Done

3. Create or print lists that might be needed. For example, Guest list, food list, shopping list, etc. Done

4. Invite guests. This is funny. I have invited guests, then I have those who've invited themselves. :turkey:

5. Begin planning the menu. Keep track of who is bringing what for the menu. I recommend keeping this information on the Potluck Planner form found at Organized Christmas. Still working things out in this area.

6. Order flower centerpiece or plan now to make your own. I think I will make my centerpiece this year. Need to look for some inspiration.

House Prep: We will continue to follow the H+H plan over at OC. I must say I'm doing pretty good with this. As a matter of fact I plan to go home and give my bathroom a thorough cleaning tonight. Tomorrow, spot clean the carpet in the living/diningrooms. Saturday the kitchen.

Note: Clean out the fridge now to make room for Thanksgiving items. Will do that this weekend.