Thanksgiving in June

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
So my girlfriend calls me a month or so ago and tells me her husband asked her about having a Thanksgiving dinner in June. I hold most of the dinners at my house, but she just bought a new house this year and is starting some of her own traditions. Needless to say, I've been invited to the first annual "Thanksgiving in June" dinner at her place and "Christmas in July" is at my place. We are doing it on Fathers day, because that was the best day for both of us and we'll have plenty of "MEAT" for the men to eat!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
What a great idea! It makes perfect sense for June to be all about Thanksgiving if July is all about Christmas! Will you have a traditional Thanksgiving meal or lighten it up a bit to reflect the summer time temps? Keep sharing, please.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
MinnieCo- LOVE IT!!!!!

Annie

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Her husband is deep frying a turkey outside and smoking a ham. She's making somekind of nice salad and a pumpkin pie. I'm going to make potatoes or mac and cheese and then some kind of yummy dessert. Other then that, I don't think we have anything else planned yet.