The Halloween Countdown Has Begun!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
My DS(5) was sick last weekend and when I asked what I could bring him (in bed) to help him feel better he said, "My halloween books, please!". DH just rolled his eyes, but this mommy was SO proud! LOL! He's also started watching his favorite Halloween DVDs... so far we've cycled through Max & Ruby, Dora, Spongebob, Scooby Doo, Little Einsteins, Charlie Brown, & the Backyardigans. I told him tonight we have to watch Elmo Says Boo! for his little brother (1yo)

I also put together most of my Halloween Bags - just little things like pencils, post-its, erasers, little soaps, candles, stickers, coloring books, spider rings, inexpensive books etc. I bought cute Halloween reusable shopping bags on sale last year after the holiday. I made 6 adult bags and 6 kid bags. I just need to wait to add candy & stuff.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I need to call my bestfriend to make sure the Halloween party is on for this year. If so then all I need to do is get a costume. For Christmas a few years ago I made her a Halloween Planner with the countdown in it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'll be seeing my friends who come to my party on Friday night... so I'll let them know about it. I bought the chips for the 'special children' (those I know), know I need to buy chocolate bars for all the rest + 'special children' too. I've bought the Halloween stickers (I put 1 in each bag).

Need to really start focusing on Halloween. My notebook is on the living room table.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Colleen - How sweet. With today being the first cool day since, I don't know, last March maybe, I got the urge to watch the Peanuts Halloween special. Maybe I'll just have to do that.

Aggy - What costumes have you worn in the past?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My family is dressing up as star trek characters. I'm going to have the red dress, my husband will be captain kirk and my daughter is going to be Spock. She loved Spock in the last movie. She wants me to pay for two costumes, but I'm not! We've had this planned since last year, but we're plus size, so we're all going to be larger then life characters...LOL

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Colleen-I hope DS feels better! Halloween stuff can only help!
I have to get rolling -at least on a list! I would like to 'Boo' some homes and make some special bags for kids in our family. We are in a new house this Halloween and I would like to decorate our front yard. We are back from the road so I need something to draw some kids in.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Kim I have been a witch, vampire, something like a gargoyle (sp?) but a cute one - lol, and then there was one when I took an old dress and covered it with lots of faux leaves (shoes included). That's all I can remember.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
You still have four weeks of the Halloween Countdown left....Will you be READY???