The Plan

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
I was following this plan and have gotten thrown off course. I was doing good for about three weeks, then I don't know. It was like my mind stop working and I haven't been able to pull myself together to get back on track and feel I'm just falling more and more behind. I know part of it is our dog died, weekends away from home becasue of football, Little League meetings, maintianing 2 little league websites, starting a new business, birthdays, and just the little stuff that pops up everyday.
Has anyone else felt like they have gotten too far behind to keep going? How do you jump back in if you did miss a few weeks? :help:

patteemom said:
I was following this plan and have gotten thrown off course. I was doing good for about three weeks, then I don't know. It was like my mind stop working and I haven't been able to pull myself together to get back on track and feel I'm just falling more and more behind. I know part of it is our dog died, weekends away from home becasue of football, Little League meetings, maintianing 2 little league websites, starting a new business, birthdays, and just the little stuff that pops up everyday.
Has anyone else felt like they have gotten too far behind to keep going? How do you jump back in if you did miss a few weeks? :help:
I have!!! Baseball and school for my boys have killed my schedule!!!! I am going to have to jump in on the Christmas Countdown instead so I don't feel tooo far behind...lol

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
patteemom wrote:

No matter what plan I follow I seem to get behind. Don't let that throw you. Just jump back in. What works for me is to evaluate what I missed, see what is most important to me and work that in the plan for the next couple of weeks. Sometimes I do one week's focus in the morning and the things I missed in the afternoon. Other years I haven't "scheduled" working on the plan every day so when I get out of sync I put additional days to do what's necessary.

You really aren't behind because the plan is meant to work for you and your home. Remember anything you've gotten done so far is a plus. I really have "all or nothing thinking" and am working on changing this.

It's mid October - most people aren't even thinking about Thanksgiving let alone Christmas. You are way ahead of the game! :skate:

Hi there! I've fallen far behind too. I was so determined and started really well, then life just got in the way (like house guests, job hunting, and scrapbooking!) Like I mentioned in my welcome note here, I returned to OC after a couple of weeks away and found it was closing down - :eek: I am so glad to find this site is continuing the good work of getting us all on track again. I don't know where I'd be without dipping in for support etc..

Anyway, like christmascreations, I think I will have to jump on the "Christmas Countdown" at OC instead now, as I feel I've missed too much to go back to HHP. It starts on the 21st, right? Will you be doing that too?

T. n' S.

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
I was thinking that switching to the Christmas count down instead of the grand plan might be they way to go to finish out the year. I wouldn't feel so far behind. It is also nice knowing I'm not the only one. Okay I'll pull my notebook back with out feeling guilty and try to regroup.

happyalice

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
I seem to get a little behind every year, but then I stop to think:
Christmas is still a little over 2 months away...my house is mostly organized, I've gotten a really good start on the gift-buying, I'm firming up the menus, I've ordered some new decorations, I'll be hanging the outdoor lights this weekend or next, my piano is tuned, the carpets are clean, our wardrobes are ready to go, I have all of the guest linens figured out, I've got little gift baskets for their rooms, etc. I'm actually WELL ahead of most everyone else I know! So take heart, you're not really behind...I'll bet you're way ahead of where you were last year!

:applause:

Yeah I am definitely regrouping for the CC plan. Baseball season had put a big dent in my HG plans.

I am off of work tomorrow so I am going to try and regroup the clothes. The weather is wacky here right now in Florida so I am going to start bringing out the long sleeve shirts and the pants. I will put away most of the summer clothes. I will keep 2 pair of shorts each for my boys. This is all pending my cold. I woke up early this morning with a clogged up nose and an extremely sore throat. And this cold is knocking me out. If I still feel this way I will just wash the regular laundry and make sure there is at least 2 pair of pants rewashed for each of my boys.

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I was doing so well on the HHP for a few weeks then life got in the way. :slap: I was thinking of trying to get back on track but with the countdown so close I think I'm going to start over and try that one. This way I get a taste of both plans. This is my first year using any of the plans, if I try both I'll know which works for me for next year. :skate:

christmascreations said:
Yeah I am definitely regrouping for the CC plan. Baseball season had put a big dent in my HG plans.

I am off of work tomorrow so I am going to try and regroup the clothes. The weather is wacky here right now in Florida so I am going to start bringing out the long sleeve shirts and the pants. I will put away most of the summer clothes. I will keep 2 pair of shorts each for my boys. This is all pending my cold. I woke up early this morning with a clogged up nose and an extremely sore throat. And this cold is knocking me out. If I still feel this way I will just wash the regular laundry and make sure there is at least 2 pair of pants rewashed for each of my boys.
Update: well this cold of mine is still continuing and still knocking me out. I was unable to do anything like I had planned on Thursday :huh: I am not off again til next Thursday which is Rudy/Turkey day and I hope to be fully recovered by then.

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
Just when you think you got thing in order. My ds is 12 and in 7th grade, since 4th grade he has had issues with turning in school work. He would do it just leave at home, in a locker, in another book and never turn it in which would earn him a 0. Usuallu we'd get on him and he do well for a while and end up with an A/B grade adverage for the year. Now ever since school started he has been doing the same old thing and we have talk to him, asked to see his planner, and have checked in with school and it is not getting better. He played football this year and had to sit out of a game because his grades dropped below a C. That didn't seem to bug him at all. We told him okay no sports until things get better even if that means no baseball. (That is a hard one, he has been on All Stars the last two years, dh is the president of little league and I'm the secretary/information officer. We are a baseball family) He is now at the point when we talk to him he gets that glazed look and answers everything "I don't know". We'll dh and I are checking into homeschooling him now, just through middle school. That way we know what is required and what he is learning. He will still go to choir at the school, but everything else will be here. We have just started looking into switching him and I know it will take a few weeks to get that done. That means my holiday planning is going on hold until I get him set up and on a schedule. My dds will still be going to school during the day so at least I'll just have one at home.
Sorry for the long post just it seems like one things after the other. I can say if I hadn't done any holiday planning I would be feeling even more behind.
:slap:

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
Christmascreations, I know how you feel. I had everything in order and plans all set. I started getting the lights up early because I had a new plan for outside then, boom. The coughing and all the rest that goes with it. the same thing happened last year. I work in the school and being around the kids makes it really tough to beat it. I took today off and I probably have tomorrow off but I'll be laying low. I work two jobs so I don't have much time off either. I used to be able to handle things like this. Old age is getting to me I guess. I can't hold up like I used to. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. :)

JulieC

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NW WA USA
www.myspace.com
Just wondering.... hoping.... since I am thinking ahead to 2008 now (!)... will we be following the year-round Holidays+Houseworks plan that was discussed/tried on the old forums??

Hope, hope. :bigsnow:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Julie....Houseworks Plus Holidays is a plan from CEO...and YES we will be doing it...in the fall at its regular start time.

And yes over at OC we started the year round plan and it sort of fluttered along for awhile. Hopefully we can do better in 2008.

First we will start the New Year with JumpStart January...this will be a modified Grand Plan. It will focus on CLEANING the house, decluttering etc room by room. The Holiday Grand Plan was a plan a lot of people used earlier. Since we are changing it up a bit for a New Years Plan....we will not include holiday prep.....HOWEVER.....we will be doing Monthly Magic each month...this is a year round holiday prep plan that focuses both on year round Christmas planning and also planning for each months holidays and other celebrations as they come up. Hope it will help you in 2008

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes...I do remember it...thanks for the link though...I think with CEO retiring and the boards closing...some things just didn't get up and going....But we will be working a year plan here...it might look slightly different and we might use several different plans...I think when we mix things up a bit it keeps everyone interested and motivated...lol...

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Ginger,

Will the modified version of the Holiday Grand Plan be posted in time for Jumpstart January? Just checking as I'm trying to get my notebook in order, in time for 13th start date.

:globe:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes we will start a thread called JumpStart January....it will contain the preassignments for Jan10-13th....I found some articles to read etc....I think I will put it in Magical Plans forum...that way people can check it and the Monthly Magic plan both. I will have both up by January 1st.

And it will also contain our "weeks" and some infor...each person may need to tweak the plan a bit to fit their home.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh, this sounds fun and really will help me do a little bit at a time! Works for me! Thanks.
:applause: