The Week Ahead: April 28th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The week ahead plans to be interesting. For those that have not already celebrated on the 13th....Great Pumpkin Day is Wednesday the 30th....then on Saturday May 3rd it's National Scrapbooking Day....be sure and hop over to Muses Mecca as Bec has some challenges up for people to try their hand at! Then on Sunday it's the second Hippity Hoppity Day!!! I've put my plans up on my blog so don't forget to join in!!!

A busy fun filled week ahead...I am getting a bit accomplished around here...so hopefully I'll have time for some fun too!!! Enjoy the week and don't forget to let us know how things are going for you this week!!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Busy, busy, busy! It's crazy around here, but what fun!! I"m actually getting a few things done as well. I have carved out a few minutes here and there to work on some creative things, but this week it's going to have to be getting ready for the rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception. Whoo, hoo! I love this stuff!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Great Pumpkin Day is tomorrow. Halloween is a day we like to celebrate with neighbors and friends (and any nearby relatives.) So tomorrow I am going to start work on our Memorial Day Weekend neighborhood Block Party. This involves a lot of work, but very little money on my part. I've set it up so every couple/family brings a main dish for 8 AND a salad or dessert for 8. PLUS drinks (lemonade, beer, wine, sodas, etc.) Singles bring just a main dish for 8. It sounds like a lot of food, but before this arrangement we had lots of jello salads and brownies, but not enough substantial stuff. You NEED substantial stuff!

So - tomorrow I will send off letters to the county requesting permission to shut off the street from traffic. And make up the announcement and start printing it out and going to Stapes to color copy it. I get two announcements to a page. They go up on telephone polls - and also get put at front doors. We get a couple hundred people. A self selecting group. People who like to eat and drink and relax with neighbors, while kids run around and play.
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: