Theme Trees

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
We do several trees as well.

The tree in our dining room has all of our family ornaments...I call it the Halmark tree!

The tree in our family room is the real tree and that one is decorated with red balls and kitchen ornaments (our kitchen and fr are connected) I purchased most of the ornaments a couple of years ago at cracker barrel...but I have been seeing them at HObby Lobby too, so I will probably continue picking some up!

My boys each have a small tree for their rooms (although now they share, so there will be two trees!) They are decorated with Disney ornaments.

I have a friend that has something like 20 trees in her house...she has a "pop culture" tree and many other cool themed trees! CRAZY

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Family Tree: Nutcracker theme... with obviously wood nutcrackers :)
red, blue and green balls (colours from their uniforms)
a ballerina topper (yet to find one!)
and a new addition this year from Michaels - the Mouse King for the mantel (similar to a standing nutcracker).

My middle son loves the Nutcracker :) He is 15! An early exposure to the ballet when he was young (4) - he has adored it since. Could NEVER be bothered with any other production - but he does love the Nutcracker.

(My DH promises me that one day we will have my envisioned life size wood nutcracker to stand guard at the foyer of our home.)

The other tree is covered with poinsettias, gold and garnet glass balls.

I would really like a 'skinny' white tree for my bedroom - decorated with silver Victorian icicles and snowflakes.

candycane

Retire Member
Oct 7, 2008
Kentucky,USA
www.teresascrafts.etsy.com
In the past we decorated the main tree with a precious moments collection that I've had ongoing for over ten years. We had another tree with decorations the kids made at school among other little ornaments they liked. The tree in my sons room is a snowman theme and the tree in my daughters room is usually and animal theme.

This year I'm not sure what we will do since we moved into a much smaller home and really dont have room for a tree. Kinda makes me not even want to unpack my ornaments. :(

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
DebbieGall there is a garden store Valley View farms here and they always put up hundreds of the most beautiful trees I've ever seen. I have to say I've never seen a Jesus tree however I will check them out next week (when they start putting up the trees) to see if they have one and what kind of decorations they use.

Thinking now, a Mary and Joseph ornament, baby Jesus ornament, the 12 disciples. Not really sure.

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
A wine-themed tree! Any ideas on making tree decorations out of wine corks? I have a collection of corks!

:clothes:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Christmasallyear, look on my blog (in my signature), I've made some wine cork ornaments this year as gifts for my friends.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
You can find them in 'archives' on the left side of the blog under the month of June.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I don't do a theme on our main tree. It would get too expensive for us. I just put on whatever ornaments we have and most have a story behind them. It's an eclectic tree. :)

My white tree has kitchen ornaments on it because it's normally in the kitchen. I also put silver and red balls on it as well.

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
Our main tree is a live one in our family room that doesn't have a theme, all sorts of ornaments including kdi made decorations, and ornaments from my childhood. I have a small one in the kitchen with a smores theme, and a 3 foot tree in the living room that I'd love to do in a Jesus theme.

I recently got a Current cataloge and there are some nice pewter ornaments with the nativity scene, angles, etc. that I would put on a Jesus tree. I need to save my pennies to start a new collection of ornaments!

My kids are each getting a small tree for their rooms this year, brought by their elves, so we'll have more to decorate soon.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
i've done theme trees i've done a white tree in blue and silver then one year in red and silver my main tree in living room is done in multi color lights and family ornaments mainly collectables,the tree in my kitchen is multi color lights and red and green then i have a fiber-optic trees which is multi color.:merrychristmas:

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Great ideas on all the themes. I have one small tree in our living area that is decorated entirely with what we call ornaments of love. They were each handmade by my late MIL. They are that plastic backing that you cut into and then use yarn to loop through the holes. I don't know what it is called. I know that she made all of these ornaments over a period of years. The tree is actually the top portion of her old tree that she kept cutting down every year to make it smaller until it ended up about 3 foot tall. It makes a nice tabletop tree. We put it up tonight and set it on top of an old stereo cabinet. Event the topper is a white snowflake that she made.

I am very intrigued by the Jesus tree. Please list how you decorate yours if you are doing one and post links to some pictures. I would love to have one. I am adding a tree to my hallway this year since I got rid of the corner shelves in there. I would love to find ornaments to do a Jesus tree.

I am off to check out the Current catalog that someone mentioned. I have a small round table that will fit nicely in the space I have. So, I will have room to add a nativity scene under the tree. Please share some ideas.

I have a small angel tree. It is actually one of the fiberoptic ones that has angels and candles made on the tips. I have added a few ornaments and some white tinsel to it. It makes a nice tabletop tree. I guess I need to get out some of my late mom's angels to place around it this year.

I would love to have a memory tree, too. I may try to add ornaments to the one in my bedroom for this theme.