This is unreal

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

finnedyz7

Retire Member
Jan 4, 2012
West Coast
www.starklogic.com
As I got home today I realized a ticket on our trash can. We didnt seperate our Recyclables all the way and got a ticket by the trash police. My next door neihbor said they saw some bum looking through our trash cans but did not realize it was the police. Insane, you get fined if it`s not seperated at least 90% recyclabes. This is nuts.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
This really IS nuts! I've never heard of the recycle police!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
and we got a message today... we had a recycling bin seperated in 2... one side paper, one side cans & such... starting in march we mix everything together, they will take seperator out of the bin! weird!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh how funny. You need to frame that ticket! Friend of mine would separate all her trash, wash out the jars and cans, remove all the labels. Then one day she was home from work when they came to pick the stuff up. The trash people picked up each container she had separated everything into and tossed every bit of it into the back of the same truck. lol So much for going to all that work.

I watched a show on recycling trash. The guy said there was no reason for people to separate stuff out since it's all sorted as it comes into the recycling place.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I heard someone on the radio talking about that. Here we have to pick our own trash service and most don't pick up recyclable.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh how frustrating!!!

Where I live, we have the one recycling bin, and it gets sorted after collection.

Welcome by the way! :D

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh how funny. You need to frame that ticket! Friend of mine would separate all her trash, wash out the jars and cans, remove all the labels. Then one day she was home from work when they came to pick the stuff up. The trash people picked up each container she had separated everything into and tossed every bit of it into the back of the same truck. lol So much for going to all that work.

I watched a show on recycling trash. The guy said there was no reason for people to separate stuff out since it's all sorted as it comes into the recycling place.

Your poor friend!! I think I would have cried if that happened to me. All that effort! :(

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I agree Sarah. Where we live now we put cans and bottles in a clear bag and then newspaper with cardboard in another clear bag. They pick up twice a month. I do not wash out my cans or bottles since I have to pay for water now. I figure if they want me to wash them then they should give me a discount on my water bill. It is my way of saving water. lol