This site looks fantastic!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

TallahasseeGuy

MHH Member
Sep 8, 2022
Tallahassee Florida USA
Seems a quick introduction is the thing to do. My name is Charles, and I'm 65, and although I am indeed a Tallahassee guy (moved here Jan 2008), I was born and raised in Tulsa Oklahoma. If you're familiar with the book or movie The Outsiders, well, I'm a real Greaser from the north side of Tulsa. Then I lived near Cincinnati Ohio from '86 to '99, and then near Houston Texas from '99 to Jan '08. I hope to retire in 2024.

Anyway, I have always loved the idea of planning for Christmas all year, but never seem to do it very well, as life just has a way of putting forks in the road. But this site appears to be just what I've been looking for! I'm not sure how I didn't find it before this week, but I joined as soon as I did. Can't wait to start reading everything!

Questions: 1 - can we post photos? And 2 - how are signatures set up?
Thanks!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Welcome!! So nice to have you! I'm Jessica and have been here, for what feels like, forever. I live in Missouri, grew up here and then went to the military and just moved back last year after my husband retired from the Army.

Yes, you can post photos and if you click on your name at the top, you should encounter a drop down menu and find a spot that says "Signature". :)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Welcome! I'm Pamela from Washington in the Pacific Northwest. Glad you found us. I have found that the signature doesn't work any longer, not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if we lost it on the last update. @Minta, can you let us know?

TallahasseeGuy

MHH Member
Sep 8, 2022
Tallahassee Florida USA
Welcome! I'm Pamela from Washington in the Pacific Northwest. Glad you found us. I have found that the signature doesn't work any longer, not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if we lost it on the last update. @Minta, can you let us know?
Okay, thanks. I was beginning to think it was a premier-only thing.
Also, I finally found the "Insert image" button.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello Charles - from Long Island, NY

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hello!! Wanting to be better organized for Christmas was what led me here, too. So much great information!!

I'm Jane and live in North Louisiana. I retired from teaching after 33 years. Now, I work at a doctor's office for the therapy department and also do therapy with patients who have memory loss.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Welcome Charles Thank you for introducing yourself.
I am Jody form Northern IL (close to the WI border) I retired from school in 2016 and keep myself busy with this and that.

You will find that we not only love Christmas but many have formed friendships and share our daily lives.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Welcome!
I'm Lucie from Quebec, Canada. Found this site looking for friendly souls who love Christmas. Everyone is nice here!

Reactions: TallahasseeGuy

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Welcome!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Welcome. This is a great place. Have fun!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Greetings from the Chicago 'burbs! I've been on this site since I don't know when. I found it when I started using the Holiday Grand Plan for Christmas house prep, back when my DD was in grammar school. She just turned 40, if that tells you anything!!!! I like using the tab on the left and often use the "New Posts" link, so I can see what's been added since I was last on. And I use the Search box ... a lot!!!! So, welcome aboard and jump in!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Welcome, Charles! Jump in and join us in planning!

One year, my dh was in the hospital the week before Christmas. Our oldest was just one then. I had bought some things during Black Friday but nothing else. Nothing was wrapped. I had no tree. It was just a real sad time. My brothers came by and helped put up an artificial tree and we made a tree trimming party out of it. My parents stopped by so I could wrap gifts and finish up last minute things. I really worked hard to reclaim Christmas that year.

The next year, I found Christmas Countdown, a six week plan to get ready for Christmas so that December could be enjoyed. I tried it, did the best that I could, and discovered even getting something done ahead of time was better than nothing. I've been doing some sort of planning ahead ever since. It's nice to have something to work ahead on and stay positive about especially when life deals you lemons.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning and welcome. I am Katrina and I am from Australia.
Glad that you have found us.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Hello! Welcome to our Christmas family!

Annie

TallahasseeGuy

MHH Member
Sep 8, 2022
Tallahassee Florida USA
Thanks for the warm welcome! Since my OP (original post), I have been reading a lot of this forum, and I keep thinking: "You guys rock!" :)
Like I saw someone else here say, I'm a list-maker, and for some unknown reason the anxiety of Christmas approaching is what I live for. Surely I'm not alone in feeling like list-MAKING is far more satisfying than list-DOING, lol!!! But if I get some of it done, that's even better.
Well, I probably won't have much to contribute here, but I'll be lurking, and learning. Once again I'll say that I am really enjoying this forum.
holiday trim.JPG