Thrifty Gift Ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Pick your best thrifty gift idea from this year (or any year) and post about it in this thread.

:smilegifts:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Pails: From Target Dollar Spot

Candy= M & Ms Holiday

Ribbon and Gift Cards= Post holiday clearance last year!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I would just say, keep your eyes open at the thrift stores all year long. I bought three new tree toppers this year and they are all beautiful. I bought several partylite candle pieces that were brand new. I also found a great "virtual fireplace" dvd to give a friend for advent. That was fun! Just don't be afraid to take your time and look around.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I am picking up a display box from a craft store that I'm going to spray paint. In it I'm putting part of my glass animal collection that I had as a child to give to my DD. She's never seen it. I've kept it hidden for years so I can give it to her. I have a doll collection too that I have stashed away also (one for each country). The thrifty part is giving what you already have that you know is priceless.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'd have to say my candy canes which I did this year using Christmas x-large pj pants for men (bought at $3.50 a pair after Christmas last year) + 1 shirt for the 3rd fabric. Bought some small bells at C.Tire + some ribbon. Filled with stuff I had here. Made 12 3-packs for about $2 each for gifts for my friends and I still have lots of fabric left for other crafts!