Thriving Thursday, 7-30-2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello!

Today just 2 of us at work.

Should be rainy.

Hope to maybe work in laundry room tonight or front room/dining. Shall see.

Might make some zucchini bread to give to another branch for tomorrow. Will see.

Teigan goes to her dads today.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Hello there!

I have had a terrible night. I am so tired and sleepy. I woke up a lot during the night. Had my iPad by my side all night. So at least I wasn't bored.

We could have storms today. Better temps, but rain, rain, rain. Up to 1 1/2 inches. I hope it does rain. We still need it.

I am so sleepy right now, so I think I will try to get some more shut eye. Hope you all have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day Pam, Lana, HW2 and all who follow. Looks like rain may start any time here. Today is our relax day. The only plans we have is to attend our weekly online Zoom Bible chat.

Pam try to get some rest today since you didn't sleep well. Hope you get some rain.
Lana your bread sounds delicious.
HW2 hope you have a good day as well.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
10.jpg

Morning!
Woke up to thunderstorms and rain. should be a slow day... uh-oh ds just texted, water coming down in his kitchen, dh is on his way.

Last night we visited with sil and bil, hadn't seen them since the funeral.

Have a great day

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good morning!

It's 77* here this morning, with high temps in the 80s expected. Storms could move this evening, then rain here tonight and tomorrow. Seems that @Pam Spaur is sending her rain our way.

I had a busy day yesterday. I was up early and did some cleaning before my bff came over for a porch visit. She brought pizza for lunch and I made a fruit salad. We chatted and caught up. Then I took M to her gf's to swim for a few hours. A new survey was released to parents in my school district yesterday. They now have 3 choices for learning this year. Of course, teachers do not know how this plan is going to work, our union is quiet, and admin isn't sharing. One choice is "regular" school, another is hybrid and another is virtual. Many of my friends are totally stressed out by it all. I'm hoping we have a choice in what we teach....I can dream can't I? I'd prefer to be in school daily. It will be challenging, but a bit more normal.

I walked this morning. This afternoon I'm visiting another friend's porch for lunch. I'm blessed to have some true friends. Then it will be home to make dinner and get M to soccer. They still practice in the rain, but if it storms, it will be cancelled.

Jessica...how did your first day go?
Hi Lucie, Lana, Tricia, Pam and HW2!
Lana...have you tried the Snickerdoodle Zucchini Bread yet? I made a second batch on Tuesday and one loaf is gone.

Have a blessed day!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

I have to be at school an hour earlier today. Hours right now with no kids are from 7:50-2:05, but my host teacher said 8. I'll still probably be early (usually am). We are watching videos this morning and then I have my acupuncture appointment at 1 so i'll probably leave around noon or at whatever time gives me enough time to get to my appointment. I want to buy a school shirt today in the office too and ask about possibly getting a computer. Tonight is school supply drop off but my host teacher isn't going and said I don't need to either. She had a hysterectomy last week. She is doing well but trying to rest as much as possible. I told her I would go but she assured me I didn't need to.

DH and I went to the North Shore last night and had my favorite Mexican restaurant. It wasn't busy at all this time and the waiter had them make my taquitos for me, so all was well. We got rained on leaving on the bike to head home but it was fine. DD and I went on our walk when I got home. I'm a little frazzled by the state of the kitchen but don't have time this morning to mess with it. DH had put chili in the crockpot yesterday so that's what we'll have for dinner tonight. I need to stop and get some oyster crackers, hotdogs, and buns because he'll want chili dogs too.

We'll find out today if the start of school is delayed. I think the team is going to try to play it on the big TV in the classroom. I'll miss it because of my appointment but I wish I could be there to see it all. Although I bet the meeting takes longer than the end of the school day so everyone may end up leaving before it's over and a decision is made anyway.

Lana- Hope you get to work in the areas you want at home.
Pam- Sorry you had a bad night. Hope you're napping right now.
Hi Faye and Tricia!
Lucie- Hope it's an easy fix at DS's house.
Lisa- Good luck with all those options and I hope you get a choice. We have 50 so far that have chosen virtual at my host school. We will have 19 kids in our class right now, the rest chose online (about 8-10 more). Which is a good thing because there wouldn't have been room for that many with the desks spaced 6 feet apart all around. I'll try to take a photo of the room today if I get a chance. My first day was fantastic! My host teacher is great and the 5th grade team seems really nice and friendly and fun. I'm excited and not worried about it anymore. :)

Enjoy your day!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! Maybe the last day of the current heatwave. It's only 90* now and again they are predicting storms which we haven't gotten. Not sure if the new hurricane will come this far up the coast but that is to be seen.

I used my instant pot last night for the first time at home. Made meat load and potatoes in the same pot. Not bad at all and the corn I finally found was good too. All was done in a little less than an hour. If anyone has any great IP recipes to share I'd love to see them.

Went with DH this morning to bring in his truck to have the cap installed and we went to a diner for breakfast.
Very few people seem to be "eating in" in the area but maybe we just missed the breakfast rush. He just picked the truck up with the new cap. Now he has to install shelves so he can carry the tool shop that he always has with him when we travel. He also has tools inside the Airstream. Why does he complain about my yarn???

Jess - so glad that things are going well for you
Pam - did you get in that nap?
Tricia - enjoy your quiet day
Lucie - I am terrified by thunder - really hate it
Lisa - school will certainly be interesting this year
Lana - hope your days off work out to your liking
Faye - hope the day goes well

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Afternoon!
So I've been knitting (or rather undoing) part of the afternoon. Now I'm at the toe part of the socks.
Wanted to start my gnome prototype, but it'll be another day I guess.... procrastinating!

DH fixed ds' roof temporarily... he has to go on the roof but he says it's gonna be complicated and not very accessible . He is now outside chatting with neighbor.

It has rained on and off most of the day. I like it! watching some tv and just relaxing.

Sold the cat litter box and the litter (was for ds's cat when it came but hasn't come in over a year and it has been missing for 2 months, soo....).

frostythesnowman

Premiere Member
May 4, 2013
uk
Good Afternoon/Evening peeps...Hope everyone is having a merry day so far....The nights are slowly starting to draw in and that means only one thing our favorite time of the year is not too far away....Enjoy the rest of your day ahead christmas friends.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Just whizzing by for a quick hello. Network drives are back up so lots of work to do. Rock wall is coming along nicely and they very kindly gave a bunch of the old stones to my elderly neighbor and also said they will give me a discount because they can recycle the remaining old stones. Win win.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning all,

Dinner last night with boss and CW's was very nice. I had a pea and asparagus risotto and orange ricotta cheesecake for dessert. Slept very well and did not wake all night, woke up with a migraine so took some meds and back to bed. Feeling better now and will get the day going soon.
Another busy one here, why is it that some weeks are quiet and then bam! so busy you don't know where to start?
I need to vacuum and wash the floors while it is only me home so that they will dry. Have a 2 day DrillDance training weekend so need to get ready for that and need to finish off my maintenance chores for the week.

DD and DFSIL say they will come over some time this weekend, it will be nice to catch up.

That is about all that is happening here in cold but sunny Australia.

Take care,
XOXO

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Afternoon (almost evening)!

Did a bit of work at school today, labeled math books but didn't write student names because we really don't know who is going to actually show up. So we'll do it when they are actually in school and we hand them out. Moved some stuff around, cleaned out some trash and decided where my desk will be. Watched all the training videos for now and then I left about 12:15 to head to my acupuncture appointment. Man, that was super interesting and really cool. My lady does ancient Chinese acupuncture and I was really amazed at the things I felt during the treatment.

I'm listening to the BOE's meeting discussing the delayed start to the school year. It's been very disappointing since I tuned in and it seems like it's all about business and not at all about the actual well-being of the students or teachers. Figures. I think they will delay, but what they should really do is delay and then begin virtually on the 17th for the entire 1st quarter and then reevaluate. Tomorrow is our faculty meeting so we'll see what that brings.

I need to decide what i'm taking for lunch tomorrow and pick out what i'm wearing. Tomorrow will be a full day of meetings.

Goodnight friends!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hello, everyone.

I have been on the go since I got up this morning, and didn't sleep well last night on top of that. I had PT at 8:00. As soon as it was over, DH and I returned the truck to U-Haul. Then, we drove the 15 more miles to Monroe for him to look for some tennis shoes and shorts for school and to Home Depot to get paint supplies for DN to paint her bedroom.

When we got home, I went with DN to get the paint she wanted. We moved some things around so she can get to her walls better. DH came over and we loaded my car with boxes of stuff. His brother called and wanted to show us where some mucadines are so I can make jelly with them when they get ripe. We visited with him about 40 minutes. Afterwards, DH and I went riding on some country roads to see if other places where they are were getting ripe. By then, it was after 7, so we rain to Sonic and bought something for supper.

Finally, I spent about an hour trying to get my printer to network to the modem. No luck...PffH! I gave up and got ready for bed. DS called while I was putting on my gown. They're at the beach for a few days...wish I were! lol Oh, yeah...somewhere in there I went and fed their cat and watered their garden.

I'm off to bed...sorry no personals tonight. Prayers for all of you.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
The BOE passed the delay, the new start date for school here will be the 17th. For my kids, they are really only missing 2 full days of school since the first two weeks were going to be half days and they are only in school two days a week. Now they are discussing the 180 day calendar year and whether or not to ignore the first two weeks and not make them up or what. There is one board member that is a complete a&& and doesn't think anything is necessary or warranted so i'm sure he'll vote against anything to make things as difficult as possible.