Thursday, August 15, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am thinking it's the new food we switched him to at the recommendation of the other vet's office because that's when he really started losing. We may have to switch him back to something higher in calorie or add in treats daily to try to get him to gain some weight.
Would he eat more of the food? I had to do this with Boots because he was dropping weight on the food we are feeding now. Eva and Boots have been eating the same amount of food for a month. Boots has gained 3 pounds so is back to where she should be (53 lbs). Eva will be eating 1 cup more than Boots now for a month or two. Then we will drop it back down after the growth spurt. Animals are so funny with their eating habits.

I made Chicken Madeira for dinner. Both DD and Dh commented that I finished first. I love the stuff and no dogs interrupted my dinner with a potty run so it wasn't even cold. Both dogs are exhausted from going to the vets and their shots. Anyone here have dog titers done for their animal vaccines? I've been thinking about finding a vet who does these instead of filling them up with yearly vaccines. 20 some years ago it was rabies vaccine every three years. Now it's every year. And we could buy it at Fleet Farm to give ourselves. Just an old person thinking about the "good ole days".

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I'll have to make this quick before an adorable 3 year old bangs on my bedroom door and hollers for grandma to hold her. It has been a very busy 2 days. DS drove through the night and them Mom and Dad slept while grandma and grandpa worked at entertaining them. There just doesn't seem to be enough for them to do despite trying to give them things to do to blocks, games, musical instruments, etc. I put them to work this afternoon washing my car floor mats. Tomorrow I will be going through some boxes and packing up stuff to go to Goodwill. Can't wait to get it out. Hopefully, they won't want to may of DD's thing. DS will not be happy with me. I plan to go through my Christmas things. As much as I like my snowmen collection for after Christmas decor it looks like they will have to depart my home and bless some other home. I just have to much stuff and DS(36) is the only one that puts up a tree so no giving of decor to them because it is to much for them.

Sorry, no time for personals, I am needed.

Have a good evening.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Evening!

Have I ever said before that I would like a 6-2 or 7-3 job!?!? I truly would. I love being home earlier in the evening/afternoon. Last night I was home by 4 and tonight too. When I was walking in (saw Jaymee and Teigan in the driveway) Allen was walking out with pork chops to put onto the grill. So I made tea, a chocolate pudding pie in graham cracker crust (expiration date was getting close), some pudding left over in bowl, made 2 9x13 pans of rice krispie treats (before they expire) and had several marshmallows to use up and I also had the chicken noodles cooked when he came in. Warmed up green beans and potatoes from last night and supper done by 5. We close at 5. So then I took everything out of fridge and washed it all down.

Allen is making tuna fish salad for lunches tomorrow. Yummy. Will let him finish and I will go unload and reload dishwasher and had wash a few. Shower and have a few things to get into the mail.

Training was pretty good and it is actually the system we had before so recognized it. Has been some years since using it so might have a few questions but like and feel more comfortable with it than the one we had the last 3 or 4. It was not user friendly alot of the times.

Jane, bummer about the cruise but now you know. I would like an Alaskan cruise I think.

I better move along.

Teigan wants to stay with her mommy this week-end cuz she has 2 days off and wants to see her. Shall see how that plays out. Jaymee told her it will be fun at daddys. She misses sis during the day. I am gone to long and mommy needs me. So sweet.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Pamela, At 1st we had started by giving them my car (and I had bought a more recent one). Then, we bought our children each a car (not new but not old either - 3-4 years) when they went to college - I did not want them not to be safe. DH still looks at their cars when they come over but now they each have more recent cars that they bought on their own.
That's my thinking - I want her to be safe.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good evening!

It's been a weird weather day here. Sunny, then rain, the sun, then storms. We had a power outage for about 2 hours. Not sure what caused it today. Its been a busy day. I dropped off M's sub and pizza order at dance. Then we went to the credit union to make some deposits. I've gotten some donations for books for my students, so I transferred that money to a visa so I could pay for them throughout the year. I'm so thankful for everyone's generosity and excited for my students. Then we stopped at the post office to stamp and mail postcards to my students. Then it was back to school to do a few things. We were there for a little over 2 hours. Then I went for a haircut. They raised their prices again...sigh. We stopped for lunch and got home after 2. The power went out just after we got home, so I took a nap. Still not sleeping well.

I made dinner and did some more school work....name tags, random sticks, etc. I'm going to print out some things to copy for meet the teacher, then I should be done for the day. I don't really want to go into school tomorrow, but I may just to be ahead of the game. We will see. M has media night for soccer, so there will be running around for that, too.

J stopped to see Aunt K and Uncle J today. He was in the area for work. He said they are looking good and had positive attitudes. That's good. They will be doing x-rays on her hips to see what is causing her pain and preventing her movement, then they'll go from there in regards to her treatment.

I'm being paged....I'll check back tomorrow! Have a great night!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hi, everyone.

It was a better day at work today. The doctor came into my office and must have known I was getting close to the end of my rope with some things I've been working on, because he asked me to, please, not quit! lol I'm tougher than that AND I have a car to pay for. haha!

I'm trying to make my new bedtime be 9:00 and awake at 5:30. DH will have to be at work by about 6:30 each morning for duty. I want to cook breakfast, maybe have time to do some exercising, and read my Bible before I have to leave to go to work by 7:40 or so. DD22 will be moving some things to DD26's house because she'll be moving in with her and DSIL since their house is only 30 miles from her work, and we're about 85 miles away.

Pamela, that's a tough decision to make about the cars. USNews has a really good site that compares cars. I used it a lot before we bought our new one.
Pam, enjoy that time with Breyson. He'll be grown before you know it. I think it's great that you are getting to see him.
Lana, what a relief that the new program is one you're familiar with and like better. How lucky can you get?
Jody, sounds like a fun time going on at your house! Hope everything works out for DS and family.
Lisa, I hope you have a rewarding school year. I hope you get to do a lot of neat things with your new laminating machine.
Diedra, I laughed about DH's comment about your eating. I was almost finished eating by the time DH got home from football practice. I never know when, exactly, he'll get home.
Lucie, good finds at lunch today!
Faye, hope you get plenty of rest tonight.
Jess, have you seen the thing going around on FB about "your kids stomachs haven't hurt all summer, but you wait and see when school starts...they'll be dying with a belly ache!" The first time I saw it, I thought about Samuel...and thought...yep, that will be Jess! It's funny, but it's not! Stick to your guns, girl!
Tricia, you're so right about the schools. Thanks for the prayers.
Lori, I had already had DH check, because I thought the same thing. He's not on this account, but I wondered if he had picked it up accidentally. I went by the bank at lunch time and got a new one. You know what will happen, too...I'll find the old one! I told them my other one is probably in the Bahamas somewhere!
Katrina, hope it's a great time at the Dance conference!

I'm off to take a quick bath before I head to bed. Hope you all rest well! Night, everyone.

Reactions: PamelaG

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Would he eat more of the food? I had to do this with Boots because he was dropping weight on the food we are feeding now. Eva and Boots have been eating the same amount of food for a month. Boots has gained 3 pounds so is back to where she should be (53 lbs). Eva will be eating 1 cup more than Boots now for a month or two. Then we will drop it back down after the growth spurt. Animals are so funny with their eating habits.

I made Chicken Madeira for dinner. Both DD and Dh commented that I finished first. I love the stuff and no dogs interrupted my dinner with a potty run so it wasn't even cold. Both dogs are exhausted from going to the vets and their shots. Anyone here have dog titers done for their animal vaccines? I've been thinking about finding a vet who does these instead of filling them up with yearly vaccines. 20 some years ago it was rabies vaccine every three years. Now it's every year. And we could buy it at Fleet Farm to give ourselves. Just an old person thinking about the "good ole days".
We do a 3 year rabies for our dogs. Sometimes Perry finishes his food and other times he only eats half, and sometimes he skips a meal altogether. He's weird about eating.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Jess, have you seen the thing going around on FB about "your kids stomachs haven't hurt all summer, but you wait and see when school starts...they'll be dying with a belly ache!" The first time I saw it, I thought about Samuel...and thought...yep, that will be Jess! It's funny, but it's not! Stick to your guns, girl!
Haha yes! It was shared in my MOT's (Moms of Teens) group.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
DH got home earlier than expected so we went to Haleiwa for shave ice. We hit major traffic backed up on the way back, which is not normal at all. We turned around and tried to go a different way and traffic was backed up all three ways, so we just had to sit and wait. It gave me a headache and a reflux or EOE attack, whatever it is that I have. We stopped at the Commissary on the way home and picked up a few things and that's when it hit me. I still have a slight headache but the attack seems to be gone. Weird. The double dose of meds they had me start taking is awful because the capsules are larger than the previous and harder to swallow so it makes things worse. I will tell him that when I go back.

DD is staying the night at our friends house. Eli went down to see if their son could stay here but he hasn't come back yet so i'm not sure what's going on. I'm tired already and still have to get through a movie. Yikes! At least it's a comedy so that should help.

Goodnight friends!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We do a 3 year rabies for our dogs. Sometimes Perry finishes his food and other times he only eats half, and sometimes he skips a meal altogether. He's weird about eating.
Karla is the same way! She will skip days, then eat solidly for a few, then eat half.