Thursday, July 16th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We got .9" of rain last night--- thank goodness. The storm went more to the north of us and was up around Belleville and over at Waterloo. Some without power yet.

Teigan stayed over night. She was up late so still sleeping.

Got a few things ordered last night. Something for crafts and a book.

Work today and home to work in kitchen---I hope.

Teigan I think is going to her dads this afternoon.

Better go dress and get the trash together.

Everybody have a GREAT day.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Morning! was awake way too early but only got up at 6:00, did my walk and washed my hair.

will be teleworking today... since I've been waiting for people to give me some documents, I think I'll work on my auto-evaluation today - we do have until the end of August to do it but with vacations and the work pile up when I come back, might as well start it since I have the time.

Not much else going on.

Have a good day

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Mornin!

Ugh. Been sneezing my head and nose off already this a.m. Drives me crazy! And with our little stinker at the wheel, it's no drive, but a short putt! Love ya, Lucie!

I have a counseling appointment at 10. I could have had a phone conference, but I chose to go there. I miss seeing my counselor. Such a sweet lady. Young enough to be my kid! But I like her so well.

Gonna be a hot, hot, hot one today. The dew point is really high, too. The weather I LOVE to hate!

Will finish the kitchen this afternoon. As hot as it is, I am in the mood for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I hope I get over it before I come home. Oh yeah: I told MJ that I would call her and come by to get her to go get her mail at her country house. It may be too hot for her to be out. She just needs to get away from all the testosterone in her house. Her son is driving her nuts. I told her that he wants to move away from Muncie, and she said she hopes he does. I don't know that he will, because the mama bank is here. But I hope he does, too. He has caused her a lot of grief.

Just got out of the shower a little bit ago, so I need to get dressed and do the rest of the morning toilette. Did I spell that right, Lucie?
Lana, glad Miss T got to spend the night with you all.

Guess I should get busy. Have a great day! Stay safe and be blessed.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day Lana, Lucie, Pam and all who follow. Going to be another hot day but we could get some rain.

It's Thursday so not much planned. We have Bible study later in the morning. Our Hallmark ornaments came in yesterday. We weren't expecting them yet. The Peanuts ones are small but still cute.

Lana we need some of that rain.
Lucie good idea to get started early on paperwork.
Pam adult children can be a pain for sure.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Good morning all! It's sunny and warm today. An actual 4 day heatwave is expected over the weekend and next week.

Last night I made an attempt at hand sewing a mask. I did much better on my second try. Used flamingo fabric to go with the whole camping idea. There are still some things about it that don't look right but I don't know when/if I will try another one.

DH has PT this morning and I believe the oil burner person is coming so I have to wait. How can I explain to Buffy that we can't do our walk?

Anyhow, more puttering today - more stuff on hold.

Debating on whether to buy more food, etc. I notice that many of us are feeling concerned aboutt what the future will bring as regards shortages and preparedness, etc. Will have to do more storage space and containers if I do continue to stock up.

Lana - is Teigan usually a late sleeper?
Lucie - no picture?????
Tricia - enjoy your "day off"
Pam - sad that MJ wants her son to leave, but understandable. You are a good friend to her.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
haha, wasn't the 1st one on the thread so didn't put a picture, but here's one :) ooops forgot to add one on FB too.
107737031_3737161622977668_6054866854003600177_o.jpg

Pam - toilette is the right word.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
good morning pam those muffins sound good. i already bought pumpkin coffee and pumpkin coffee cake from work. im so ready for fall and all the goodies. . what does everyone think of wdw opening? hope everyone has agood day

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

I have the dermatologist this morning to recheck the precancer spot on my cheek. I think it's actually gone this time so shouldn't be a biopsy. After I will go by the pharmacy to pick up the cream they put in last time for the bottom of my foot. It wasn't in yet last time I was there and tried to get it. I might run up to Haleiwa and see if the Starbucks there has the cups i've been looking for since they got their shipment last night, but i'm tired of looking for them everywhere and have just about given up. If I come across them great but I think i'm done actively seeking them out, so maybe I won't. I need to get home and study and decide when i'm going to take the pre-assessment. Probably tomorrow.

I need to email the placement coordinator here in Hawaii and ask what is going on with my placement. I might try to call some of the schools on my list myself and ask if they are taking student teachers. It's time to light a fire under someone's butt and get the ball rolling. I need to know what my schedule is going to be, if i'm starting when the teachers do or later.

I need to go grocery shopping today. :( I don't have a complete list yet or a meal plan. Funny how everyone wants to eat but no one has ideas when it comes to dinner. Drives me crazy!!

Lana- Glad you got some rain. My mom said they need rain desperately too and it keeps going right around them.
Lucie- Good idea to start now and be ahead.
Pam- It's nice to have a choice of whether or not you want to do a telephone or in-person appointment. I think that will stick around even after this mess is over, at least that's what our doctors are saying.
Tricia- They are cute! I was looking at others when we went into the store yesterday. The two bird ornaments are beautiful! I had to refrain from buying anymore than the one I ordered.
Debbie- I need to possibly make DH a new mask. We bought him one a long time ago but it's not big enough so when he's teaching it's constantly coming off his nose. He has a big face. haha He didn't like the first one I made because it tied. Give Buffy extra treats and i'm sure she'll be happy.
Faye- I think it's crazy to open WDW, how on earth will they clean all those surfaces efficiently? It will be a breeding ground. Pumpkin coffee sounds delicious! I might have to try adding some pumpkin spice to mine.

Enjoy your day!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Well, Attila the Hun toLd MJ that she couldn't go out with me. I was livid. She was going to be in my car. That was it. And of course, she gave into him. I wish he would just move away....far, far away. Is that being too mean? I have concerns about this virus. It is going to be a loooong time to get over. I am not going out much. I wear my mask. But I didn't see him wear one when I took him to his car place. Double standard. I just want to punch him in the throat....in Christian love and kindness, cheerfully and with malice a forethought! Am I too mad. I love MJ, and don't want anything to happen to her. I think he is worried that she will spend money, and he won't be the beneficiary of it. Grrrrrr. Thanks for letting me vent.

We are having rain in drizzle form. It is a grey, cloudy day. Not hot today....yet! Better get started again on my kitchen. Stay safe! Be blessed. Take care of yourself.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went out to get mail at noon... oh boy humidity is just awful.. and it was so nice and dry this morning! closed all windows and started a/c.

Have not done much this morning ... added lots to my to-do list during vacations (since we'll probably spend most of it here I've got my work cut out for me).
Had received my new wirelesscomputer mouse - it's a little smaller than the one I had and it's perfect for me. I'm liking it.

Transfered some $$ to dd as she had to buy a new computer and we are helping her out as she is without a job (covid) and waiting for school training to resume.

Later

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good afternoon!

It's raining! PTL! We need it. It was 84* and was very humid, until the rain started. It's 73* now. Our county is under a severe thunderstorm warning until 9pm. I have heard rumblings, but nothing major yet. Radar is showing some severe ones ahead though.

Another night of poorly sleeping, and waking up late. I was having school dreams last night. It's July....way too early for that! o_O I watched a cute Christmas in July craft video on fb while in bed, then got up and got myself in gear. I ate breakfast, walked with Miss M and Leslie, talked to my mom, installed a new carbon monoxide/smoke detector in the master bedroom, did some random chores and then made lunch. I'm thinking that I'll watch the 2 episodes of Granchester on the TiVo next.

Our district will not provide plexiglass dividers for teachers to work with students, so I'm going to make or buy one myself. We were told to social distance. They can't be six feet away while reading to me or for testing. Sigh. Admin has ZERO idea what teachers do all day.

M is to have soccer practice tonight, but it doesn't look promising at this point. We'll know by 5 pm.

It seems that BIL and his family have mild COVID symptoms at this point. He still doesn't have a sense of smell, so he is still cycling through the symptoms, but he said that the kids are almost better.

That's about it for this gal!

Pam...MJ is blessed to have you as a friend!
Lana...have fun with T!
Jessica...hope you hear good news about your teaching placement!
Lucie...love today's picture!
Tricia...enjoy bible study!
Debbie...I made several masks...then quit! lol I like the ones from Old Navy better than what I made, so I'm going with that!
Hi HW2!

~peace and blessings~

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
I just emailed my Hawaii placement coordinator so we'll see if she emails me back and what she has to say. DS's success coach texted before 7:30 this morning asking me questions about if we needed to chat and if I thought he was going to finish on time. :rolleyes: Have I mentioned how much I don't care for this school? I have told her more than once that we live in Hawaii and she continues to contact me before a decent time. It's beyond annoying. Am I up? Yes, but it's still rude and inconsiderate. I texted her back and she never responded. Idiot. I'm going to look into what it would take for him to get his GED I think. He'll be 18 in September. It could be a viable option.

I'm getting ready to head out to my appointment and run errands.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Auto-Evaluation is done... had a hard time with their way of doing things... but it is what it is.

going to watch some more Boston Legal until dh gets here. Not sure if I will work a few hours tomorrow morning or none at all. I'll read emails and if there is nothing to do will take the whole day for my throat biopsy (at 1:00 in town).

Saturday we have been invited to dh's cousin for supper, there will be 6 of us only. Supposed to be very hot so I'm thinking it'll be outside. we have seen them a few times and just respect some distance.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
I'm home from my running. The derm checked my cheek and said it looks good. He pared down the thing on the bottom of my foot again just to flatten it out to buy more time before it comes back full force. I went to Walmart, haven't been there in ages. I grabbed new sunscreen for DD, body oil and two shower curtain liners. I walked around a bit (couldn't find any margarita wine) and left. I went to the Starbucks right there and saw several cups I wanted but not the ones I was looking for. Oh well. I'm done searching. Now i'm home and had a response from the placement coordinator to be patient. It was a very curt email, like I was bothering her. She said that the administrators just went back to work on the 10th. How would I know that since she doesn't communicate and keep me in the loop? So frustrated with this entire thing. I would complain about her but it wouldn't do any good, would just make me look bad. It is what it is and I just need to roll with the punches I guess, nothing else I can do.

Time to study!

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I just emailed my Hawaii placement coordinator so we'll see if she emails me back and what she has to say. DS's success coach texted before 7:30 this morning asking me questions about if we needed to chat and if I thought he was going to finish on time. :rolleyes: Have I mentioned how much I don't care for this school? I have told her more than once that we live in Hawaii
Maybe you should call her back at your 10pm

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning dear friends,
Friday here and a busy one it seems. I had not too much on my list but DH had just called from work wanting my help with something and with that and what I had on my list I am suddenly very busy.....but here I sit lol.
It is a nice day here and I think it will warm up nicely, it does make a difference when the sun is out, seems to make everything brighter.

Went to dinner last night for DS birthday, went to a local burger place about 20 minutes from us. Dinner was the 5 of us and came in at just under $150. I was surprised but maybe that is what this place charges. Burgers were about $21 each plus drinks. Anyway it was a lovely night and we all enjoyed getting together for a meal someplace other than home. The restaurant was goo with social distancing and we had to book. Our booking was for 2 hours but as there was no one booked in after us we could stay for longer.

Better get moving, these chores are not going to get done other wise.
Take care XOXO

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Katrina- Glad you were all able to share a meal out together! Happy belated Birthday to your DS!

I have one or two videos left to watch if I want to, but the majority of information I have watched and covered. Really I need to go back over my notes and study them, take the practice test in the resources and utilize the other practice material. I will definitely take the pre-assessment in the morning and then go from there and study that.

Our masks from Old Navy were delivered today! I ordered myself the kids size because most adult size masks are too big on me. They fit snugly and perfectly on my face but the straps hurt my ears (I need them to be a tad bit longer so they don't pull so much). I just can't win. I need one of those things that people use to put the straps on so they aren't on the ears and it would be perfect. So I went back on the website and ordered an adult set for me and one for DH since I didn't order him any the first time. I'm hoping since they are pleated that they will fit his large face. We'll see. I washed them and my other mask so they are ready to be worn. I need to work on my meal plan and grocery list. That may be our evening plans...grocery shopping. Fun times.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Katrina- Glad you were all able to share a meal out together! Happy belated Birthday to your DS!

I have one or two videos left to watch if I want to, but the majority of information I have watched and covered. Really I need to go back over my notes and study them, take the practice test in the resources and utilize the other practice material. I will definitely take the pre-assessment in the morning and then go from there and study that.

Our masks from Old Navy were delivered today! I ordered myself the kids size because most adult size masks are too big on me. They fit snugly and perfectly on my face but the straps hurt my ears (I need them to be a tad bit longer so they don't pull so much). I just can't win. I need one of those things that people use to put the straps on so they aren't on the ears and it would be perfect. So I went back on the website and ordered an adult set for me and one for DH since I didn't order him any the first time. I'm hoping since they are pleated that they will fit his large face. We'll see. I washed them and my other mask so they are ready to be worn. I need to work on my meal plan and grocery list. That may be our evening plans...grocery shopping. Fun times.

The old navy masks expand nicely, so it should work for Chad. . M and I both find the adult ones comfortable.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH is home and will be doing hos last meeting of the week via teleconferencing. We will pack the car and head up to the farm early this evening so that we will be there to meet the builder in the morning. We are needing a quote to get the house cladded (siding) and 2 windows replaced and a new verandah built to meet up with the existing decks. This is the last lot of major building to be done so we can then ask the bank for the money and hopefully have it done by the end of the year.
I have packed a few things to do tonight so that I can finish off some items.

Best go and pack, Speak soon,

Reactions: Ahorsesoul