Thursday, July 23, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I am too tired to try to come up with anything creative. It is 5:06 and I have been awake for about 11/2 hours. I didn't sleep all that much. I will try to go back to sleep in a few.

So glad that my DDIL will come home today. And that Stephen got to spend time with Brysen yesterday. B likes to grab PopPop's phone to watch "ee ohs" which is Brysen speak for videos. He loved YouTube. If Steve or Mel find the first one for him, he takes over to find more kids' music videos. That kid cracks me up.

Ok, kids. Will try to come back later. Have a good one! Love and prayers!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Pam and the rest Hello!

Pam, so glad Mel gets to come home. Hope you get some rest.

Today Jaymee is 33. Teigan made a cake last night. 1 round layer is chocolate with sprinkles baked in and the other yellow with sprinkles. Then they are frosted put together with m&ms on top the frosting and then just the sides frosted and m&ms on side and sprinkles. No frosting on top because its to sweet for Teigan at times she says. (totally not related to me---LOL) They will wrap her presents this a.m. and they will come for supper.
Also Teigan got silly string to spray at her when grandpa and her went to Dollar General.

We have gotten over 2" of rain this week. Which is good. We were so dry.

I need to go eat breakfast, see about a lunch and dress.

Have a GREAT day everybody.

On either Sunday or Monday night Allen did plant some zucchini, yellow crooked neck squash and spaghetti squash.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
good morning rain and thunder again last nite. calling for rain tonite. my side is hurting off and on for some reason yesterday and again this morning . have agood day stay cool

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning!

A slightly cooler day today - high is only 72 degrees after a few days in the 80s. Work looks to be steady all day. I think I might go to Home Depot after work, my paper refuse bags are ready to be picked up and I think Home Depot was the place I saw the totes I wanted. Also need a kneeler (the foam thing you kneel on when you're gardening, except I use it whenever I have to get down on my knees in the house, just can't take hard floors any longer) and one of those ice blocks that you freeze and use in a cooler.

Sophia hasn't finished up her Masters yet, still waiting on the results of her final assessment, but she got a full-time job for the fall! It's in her field - Education - but not in her specialty area - English for Grades 5-12. Instead, she'll be teaching preschool - nine 4 year olds - at the private school where she has worked as an instructional aide for the last couple of years. Her network really paid off. She's wonderful with little ones and I know she's going to do a great job. We'll be shopping for her classroom soon.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Afternoon!
Nice to see everyone.
Just feeling frustrated with the world today. It's raining here, so I think I'll do some cleaning.
155 days until Christmas....

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

I'm feeling human this morning, I just hope it lasts! DH and I have our life insurance physicals here at our house this afternoon and I would prefer not to be down with a migraine when the nurse comes. I will take it easy today and just do some light cleaning. Alice is stuck in the far back corner underneath the couch and I can't reach to get her out without taking the couch apart, so I will ask DH to do it when he comes down. Not trying to put any strain on my neck. I am watering the yard since I haven't been good about it the past couple days with my migraines. I will start reading my library book today, maybe on the porch.

The tropical storm has turned into Hurricane Douglas barreling our way. We should start feeling its effects Saturday night into Sunday and through Monday. DH is teaching this weekend so Sunday will be a horrible day for that class on the range. They won't cancel unless it's really bad. Good thing he has wet weather gear. We'll fill our 5 gallon jug with water just in case but I don't anticipate it really causing anything but some flooding with all the rain.

Pam- I'm sorry that you fell but glad that it happened in DD's office with people around. I'm worried about the day it happens with no one around to help you. Have you thought about getting one of those life alert bracelets or necklaces in case you can't get to your phone? How are you feeling today? Glad Melanie comes home and I hope her recovery will continue.
Lana- Happy Birthday to Jaymee! So sweet of Teigan!
Faye- Weird about your side, hope it's okay.
Pamela- Sending good thoughts her way about the assessment! How exciting about the job!! She'll be fantastic i'm sure!
Hi FS!

Enjoy your day!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good afternoon friends!

It's a gray day here, 79 and humid. Looks like more storms this evening. Karla was barking last night, then carried on when the storms came through early this morning. I was up for about 2 hours, then fell back asleep for a bit. Not a restful night at all.

M and I did our walk today. Then I dead headed my geraniums and picked some weeds out of the driveway. I need to hop into the shower and get myself presentable. Then I'll work on my grocery list and menu plan for the next 2 weeks. M has soccer tonight, weather permitting, and J and I are supposed to go kayaking while she is there, but it doesn't look like the weather will be cooperating. I'm a little nervous about trying kayaking, but I guess I'll just go for it. I'm terrified of drowning...unknown fact about me. Oh...John just texted me...lol..no kayaking tonight.

Pam...glad Melanie is coming home. I hope she continues to get the care she needs.
Lana....happy birthday to Jaymee! The cake sounds yummy!
Faye...hope your side is feeling better soon!
Pamela...so happy for Sophia!
Jessica...glad you are feeling better today. Stay safe in that upcoming storm.

I guess I'll get moving along....have a blessed day my friends!

~peace and blessings~

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! We had heavy storms last night but no real problems where we live. Today is going to be in the 80's and peppered with more storms. Another heat wave expected next week.

Not getting much done - no inspiration. The friend I was supposed to see today cancelled because of the weather. DH and I might go to the specialty grocer and pick up some lox for the weekend. Otherwise no plans.

Pam - glad you didn't hurt yourself badly but Jess's idea of a life alert might not be a bad idea
Lana - happy birthday to Jaymee! The cake must be something to see!
Faye - feel better!
Lisa - I'm not fond of the water either - DH kayaks but not me
Pamela - glad Sophia got the job. Maybe she should continue working with the little kids instead of going for the higher grades
Jess - hope DH doesn't have to work through the storm and you all stay safe

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
some lox for the weekend
I really miss our Bageldashery in Virginia. We used to go every Sunday after church - bagel, herb cream cheese, lox, capers, and thinly-sliced red onion (plus tomato for Vic but not for me). I'm going to add that to our menu for Christmas vacation weekend breakfast, just hope Vic is home to enjoy it with me!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day everyone. It Thursday so supposed to be a quiet day. Our online Bible study was today. The leader is a missionary an had an emergency come up so I helped the coleader.

We have the possibility of rain. Works for me esp if it cools things down. My legs are hurting me today. Think I will lay back down after lunch.

DH went to DG earlier the checker told him he'd need to wear a mask the next time he came in there. Good thing I had a local lady make us a clothe mask.

Pam glad Melanie got to come home. Praying things go well for them. Hope you feel better soon.
Lana Happy Birthday to Jaymee.
HW2 hope your side feels better soon.
Pamela glad Sophia networking paid off for her.
FS hi we do live in a world that seems more frustration. May you be refreshed.
Jess glad you're feel better. Stay safe.
Lisa sorry you didn't sleep well. Stay safe.
Debbie I don't have much inspiration today either. Stay safe in storms

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Evening all MHHers

Yesterday I spent the day cooking and prepping. Today I did not. lol Started reading a book and realized. Tomorrow I will prep the ribs in the Refrig so I can transfer them to the freezer. Dh came home with a box of produce. There was a sign on the road saying free produce so he stopped. Had bags of potatoes, Gala apples (DD favorite today), carrots, onions and a box of tomatoes. More things to prep tomorrow. lol

Have a great evening. I hear my book calling me. lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning,
Slept well, only woke once so that was good.
Friday here and I need to continue with my chores for the week. I need to take bottles to the recycling depot and vacuum and mop the floors. I spilt some tea on the floor and it is becoming sticky. Will then pack for the farm tomorrow. This afternoon I see some knitting and maybe a movie for a little CIJ fun.

Need to stay away from the news channels and internet today. All the gloom and doom with Covid is really getting to me. Constant emails form work regarding what we need to do (although we are following all the guidelines) and the constant updates on news sites is really making me anxious today. I know that we all need to be aware of what is going on but today I just need a break from it all.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Evening!

I took my migraine pill to head off my headache this afternoon. It kicked in thankfully and I feel good now. The nurse came to do our physicals and was here for almost two hours. She did bloodwork for both of us, took our height and weight and asked a bunch of questions. We each had to fill out paperwork too. We ran and picked up fast food for dinner. DD and I went on our walk. I think i'll go take a bath here shortly.

Tomorrow, migraine free willing, i'll go on a safety ride with DH on the bike with other Soldiers. Hurricane Douglas is now a Category 4 and strengthening, may still be a hurricane when it reaches us this weekend, time will tell. We'll put up outside items tomorrow to prepare and fill the water jugs. We have candles and lamp oil. I'm not running out to the store with the crazies. I went shopping not that long ago so we'll be fine for a few days if we can't get to the store. I should check the car's gas and see if it needs topped off.

Goodnight friends!