Time to Wrap Up Thanksgiving

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Take some time to jot down any notes about what happened (or didn't) that you want to remember for next year. This does not have to be neat. Scratch some things on paper and put it into your Thanksgiving/Fall Notebook.

I made a note not to buy the brand of turkey I picked up this year. Was not good and I'll have forgotten the brand by next year (if not sooner). Today as I was pulling out Christmas items I remembered I had picked up some Turkey salt and paper shakers. I need to find them so they are in the Thanksgiving/Fall storage tub. Funny how I remembered them today but not while I was preparing for the big day.

So take some time to write yourself a little note about things that went well, didn't work out or things you want to remember for the next big Turkey day.

Be sure to wash any Thanksgiving towels, tableclothes and napkins very well so they will store nicely (you could toss in the Christmas ones with this load so they will be fresh for Christmas).

What did you forgot this year?

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Thanks for the reminders, Diedra - you are so right, Thanksgiving already seems so far away!

For me, I have to remember to make 2 batches of stuffing - 1 wasn't nearly enough and I missed having leftovers with my turkey sandwich on Friday! Also, I need a new fall tablecloth that will fit the table fully extended - the one we used this year was a tad short...ooops! Two words for Wednesday night - PAPER PLATES!

A spare refrigerator in the garage wouldn't hurt either, but that's just wishful thinking! ;)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
A spare refrigerator in the garage wouldn't hurt either, but that's just wishful thinking! ;)

What about a couple of big coolers instead. I do this for drinks and items that do not really need to be in the refrig on Thanksgiving (bottles of open pickles, cheeses that I am not using...). It's enough to keep them cold until they are returned to the refrig.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Coolers - great idea! Why didn't I think of that??? I am writing it in my NB. thank you!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm permanently in charge of mac and cheese, but by the time I get it there and then it sits for awhile, cold mac and cheese is not the greatest. So next year and thereafter, it's going in the crock pot to keep warm!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Those crock pots are wonderful. Good idea.