Timeless Tuesday, 7-14-2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I don't have enough juice to write much. Just wanted to say good morning, and have a wonderful day! Stay safe and be blessed! Later!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Seems both Pam and I had written at the same time. I deleted my original post.

Morning! A bit cooler here this morning (finally!), so let's have some tea, shall we?

106990654_3449819161696511_2830779492775185730_n.png

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
So yesterday I ended up dusting and vaccuming all main floor, did laundry (still have more to do though). DH mopped the floors. It was a very busy day.
Dentist was to charge $15 more for covid-19 but they stopped using the yellow outfits last week so she did not charge it. I have another appointment in september for changing some fillings... told her dh will be retiring next May (no more insurance), so do all that can be done before that. Stopped by the dollar store.. people were wearing masks but not following aisle markers or social distancing. Cost me $77!! I shopped as if I wasn't going back for a long time... did buy quite a few things for the stockings. They had the individual purell bottles (had paid more to have some from walmart a few weeks ago for stockings) so bought a few more.

Today is telework but I've opened my emails and still waiting for people to follow up on the demands I made... they better do it quick ... thursday is my last day before vacation.
Since it'll be slow I hope to do a few things personnal.

It's quite colder today. Did my small walk at 5:15 this morning.

DS was bitten by a tick this weekend... his leg was hurting.. he got it off (probably was there 1 day). he seems ok for now.

Later

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day Pam, Lucie and all who follow. Love the pic. Not sleeping right so I concur with Pam I don't have much juice right now so just going to say hi hope everyone has a great day.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Good morning all! Another sunny and hot day on LI.

Joining Pam and Tricia in not sleeping well. Fell asleep at 4:30 am until 6, awake until 7 and then drowsing until 10. Not a good way to find rest.

Aside from small things all the major things seem to have stalled. No call backs from several tradespeople to get work done in the house and DH's friend has not some to pick up his clothes so that is on hold too. Sometimes I don't even have the energy to rile against it.

On the other hand I am more and more looking forward to our August getaway and hope that it goes as scheduled.

Lucie - don't overdo!

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I was up early hoping the washer and dryer delivery would be early. They came at 7:30 and were gone by 7:40. The removed the old washer/dryer, Hooked up the new ones and started each to run a cycle. I'm on washing load two. Would be on washing load three but Dh was playing with the washer buttons turning off the whole cycle right before it was due to be done. I told him to keep his hands off my washer and dryer. Told him to go downstair to paint the walls in his workroom. He was following me around like a lost person.

DD has some constipation issues. If our home meds do not work today I will need her to see a doctor tomorrow. Sometimes she needs to be in the hospital for some heavy duty cleaning out.

I'm working in the office filing, shredding and organizing. Hoping all have a good day.

Reactions: Snowbell Ann

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
good morning. went to see my 9 mth old gdaughter. shes doing well growing so fast. its hot as we all know. did go back to hallmark got ahalloween orament . fixed squash last nite so having that for lunch. have a good day stay cool

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

Add me to the not sleeping well list. I could not fall asleep for anything last night. Normally I have no trouble falling asleep and then I wake up frequently during the night, not last night. I laid there awake for hours. I'll be tired today. We have rain again this morning and it's expected throughout the day. I don't mind at all. I had a standoff with Perry this morning. I watched him catch a baby lizard and then he came to the backdoor with Tank. I let Tank in but was not letting him in until he dropped the lizard. He refused to do it so we stood there and stared at each other through the glass door. At one point he chewed so I thought he ate it, so I let him in and then I realized he still wasn't moving his mouth. I offered the dogs a treat and he immediately trotted over. He had to drop it then. It was a tiny thing so I picked it up and threw it out. :rolleyes: Poor baby.

Nothing really on the agenda today except studying and finishing my grocery list. DD and I grabbed milk from the shoppette yesterday so we can wait a few days until I get to the store. I don't go on payday which is today and tomorrow. Too many people. I put cinnamon in my coffee grounds before I brewed them this morning, has anyone else tried that? I am thinking about trying some nutmeg too. I can definitely taste the cinnamon and it's not bad, but I would like more depth of flavor and am thinking maybe some nutmeg would give it to me. Will try it tomorrow.

Hi Pam and Tricia!
Lucie- Glad they stopped charging the extra money, good idea to get all the work done before the insurance is out. Hope the tick doesn't produce any after effects.
Debbie- Sorry things are in a holding pattern. I hope that your plans don't get derailed.
Diedra- Yay for the new washer/dryer! About time! Hope the home meds work for DD.
Faye- Glad you got to see your DGD! I was looking at some of the Halloween ornaments but didn't end up buying any. I thought the fairy was super cute.

Enjoy your day!

Reactions: Snowbell Ann

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Good Morning
I am preparing the house for visitors today. I have one room done and 3 beds to set up for dgds. It won't take a lot to pull the rest together other than the kitchen. Must remove gluten again. DS and family are visiting next week. We will be in MI for a long weekend and it needs to be done before we get here.
Is to get hot again and thunderstorms on the heals of it all. Hoping we have good travel weather.

Pam, I thought John was going to help with the table?
Diedra, a man can not resist new machines. Put him to work doing the laundry.
Tricia, that heat has to be zapping your energy.
Debbie, sometimes you have to wait until you feel squeaky and then really squeak their wheels.
Lucie, lots of work before and after company. I practically clean my mom's house before we leave. Change bedsheets and put dirty in washer.
Jessica, you have all kinds of different creatures in you neck of the woods.

Well time to set up more beds.

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Excitement brewing here. The Sears repairman who was supposed to fix the old washer has emailed and called that he is on the way with an extra man. Dh did not call them back to say not to come. They are about an hour away from us. Dh did tell the insurance people on June 22 to cancel the service. Neither of us feel bad about this. This repairman has not showed up several times to service the old washer. We still have bets laid down about him actually showing up.

I am on load 5 of washing. Mind you this is just my wash. Doing sheets, the electric mattress pad, comfort and the duvet (both the cover and the duvet). Still have two loads of towels when those are done. The washer plays a melody when it's done.

Update: The repairman showed up. Dh said oh, that service order was cancelled in June. There was no extra repair guy in the truck either.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Pretty boring for telework today. ah well, gave me time to put away what I had bought for stocking stuffers yesterday, doing pretty well except I have not started on the baby's stocking... in fact he doesn't HAVE a stocking at all. Need to work on that. Read cij blogs, Happy Homemaker Monday blogs, tried to get bloodwork appointment for august... gotta call back tomorrow (and I tried all morning and finally got the line and waited 20 minutes). Finished laundry for the day.
Guess I'll start working on the grandparent journaling.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Hello. Cooler temps this week. Ha! High of 106 today.

I was up really early this morning to get showered and fix breakfast, and then I took dgd to gymnastics. She chattered all the way - she loves her 4-hour-a-day workouts. I hurried home to make my bed and tidy the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and family room.

I'm sitting with neighbor today. She's awake, and we're watching news. Nonstop. Politics and covid-19. My 2 least favorite topics. I'm trying to have a good attitude and look at being here as time to re-charge.

Dd's family will leave tomorrow to drive to New Mexico to visit her oldest ds. He wants his motorcycle and huge captain's king-size bed. The bed is, of course, stored at the back of the garage with all sorts of things stacked in front of it. I foresee a hot and exhausting afternoon and evening.

Have a nice day!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Hi again!

I've been watching review videos in the Google classroom where the extra resources are for my class. I still have many more to go but I find them much more helpful than all the reading I did. I am taking notes in the sticky note feature on my laptop as I go. I took notes when I read the textbook but I found it hard to concentrate and stay awake so it was mostly on autopilot. I'm finding this much easier to follow and pay attention to. I have found the older I get the more my learning style is changing to visual and hands-on instead of reading, which is funny because I love to read for leisure and pleasure.

It's been raining off and on all morning. DH actually took the truck to work today as it's supposed to carry on throughout the day. It's making me want to make more coffee and turn on Hallmark or read my book. I think I will take a break for a bit and then get back to it. I'll time my break so I don't get complacent.

Deb- You and DH will have the house all to yourselves!
Jody- Lots of running and busyness for you coming up!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good afternoon!

Add me to the list of people not sleeping well last night. I finally fell asleep around 1. The dog started her antics around 230. Everyone else ignored her, but my 315 I had enough. I let her out. She refused to come up to the porch and come in. I refused to walk through the dark yard to drag her back into the house. She laid outside for an hour and a half....which means I didn't sleep. She started banging on the back door at 430, so I let her in. :mad: I didn't fall asleep until after 5. Then the alarm went off at 7. Then J said good bye at 820....I dozed until 10.

It's 79* with a breeze here. Very nice weather....even nicer when the sun shines.

Then I did some things around the house, walked with M and Leslie Sansone, made lunch, vac'd again, and made some Strawberry Crumble Bars. They smell delicious. I can't wait to try them. I just ordered some masks from Old Navy, too. I really like their masks. I bought a ten pack so I can send some back to college with H, and M and I will have some for school.

M's school's plan came out today, along with a survey for us to decide how she will attend school in August...in person or virtually as long as we are in the green phase. If we move to yellow, then it will be day to day....some days in school and others online. J and I will have to discuss it tonight. M feels she must go to school because online school does not serve her well.

When you are in bed until 10, the days moves by more quickly. lol M has soccer tonight and J has a board meeting, so it will be quiet here. I'm making turkey clubs for dinner, since they are on the go. I don't know if M will even want to eat before soccer.

Jess...glad you find a way that works for you!
Deb...seems that politics and covid are the only thing on tv these days.
Lucie...don't over do it!
Deidra....yay for new machines! I hope they make your laundry days smoother!
Debbie...hope you get results soon! Maybe the tradespeople are just super busy.
Hi Tricia, Pam and HW 2.

Better get J's dinner starter...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning all.
Exhausted when I got home last night from the stress of the day yesterday. Returning physio was better than I thought she would be but she is very nervous about being back at work after 3 months off and keep saying that if numbers spike she is out again. She was almost hysterical.

A doctors appointment for me today, it will be interesting to see how the doctors are dealing with Covid, I have not had an appointment for many months. Home to do a few things, grocery list and maintenance chores and decide what is for dinner. It is DS's birthday so maybe he can decide, I will be at DrillDance training. Better go and dry hair and get ready to go.
Love to all, XOXO

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good evening everyone! Busy day at work, catching up from being off yesterday and spending 1 1/2 hours getting a turnover for the job I will be doing for the next three days. It's my old job, the Executive Director's assistant, and I have to admit I felt a tiny twinge of longing sitting there running through all the daily tasks. But then I snapped back to reality and remembered that I really like where I am now and the pace.

Got my new Pajamagram catalog in the mail and they have lots of designs in their Christmas in July sale. I was tempted to make a family buy but then decided against it. Vic and I have the same pajama set that we only ever wear on Christmas Day = plaid flannel pants and a long-sleeved shirt. I'll just buy a new set for Sophia and Spectra because I know she wears hers through the year.

Thinking about all I've read in the Christmas in July posts and online shopping, things being delayed or out of stock, and cancelled orders. It's a real concern. Just about everything I have ordered in the last month has been delayed so it's not going to get any better. I think shopping early is a wise decision.

Snowbell Ann

MHH Member
Jun 29, 2020
MO
Hi Y'all add me to the list having trouble sleeping... Sound like a lot of us had trouble.

None of us felt like cooking so sandwiches and chips were for supper. I don't have much else to write so.... I Hope y'all have a blessed night and get a better night sleep tonight

~ Ashley ~

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just about everything I have ordered in the last month has been delayed so it's not going to get any better. I think shopping early is a wise decision.
I have been thinking this for a long time now. Every online order I have made has either taken a long time to get here or had things unavailable. I need to sit down very soon and seriously think about what I want to order as I do not feel comfortable waiting too much longer. I want most on line orders finished by October that will then give me time to find other items in stores if opened.

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I started laundry as soon as the first short cycle to clean the washer stopped this morning. I just took the last load out. So the machine was running from 7:40am till 10:20pm. About 12 loads worth. I did do two of DD this evening and then started on the dog beds and their sheets. Plus I could say 13 loads since Dh turned off one load when it was almost done. Tomorrow DD has the sheets on her bed to do, her comfort and Id like to wash Twillow’s two beds.

Dh mentioned he wanted to wash. This women wants the whole house to be dirty laundry free by Tomorrow night.