Tip for a stain-treatment kit

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Make a Stain Treatment Kit Keep a variety of stain remedies at the ready: cornstarch to absorb fresh grease stains; oil solvents or dry-cleaning fluids for greasy residue; combination solvents and a mild, clear dishwashing liquid for all-purpose stain removal; natural bleaching agents like lemon juice and white vinegar; glycerin for ballpoint ink; and eyedroppers and cotton swabs for easy application.

From: http://www.marthastewart.com/296495/winter-organizing-tips/@center/276989/organizing#232601
Number 16 of the winter organizing tips

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Thanks for posting this Lucie! I got a small grease spot on my favorite work pants and I was trying to think of what to use to absorb it. My DH usually does the stain removal on everything but I was hesitant on having him work on these pants. I'll try the cornstarch first.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I put the cornstarch on my black pinstripe pants and I'm happy to report that when I got home this evening, the stain is just about non-existent. I added another layer and will let that sit overnight, but I would say it works great!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Robin , that's good to know that it works!

DD left an ink pen in her hospital clothes tonight.... grrr!! 3 big ink stains. tried the hairspray on it.... stained everything else with that but it did not go away.... putting it in the washer now to see if it'll be better :(