Tip Top Tip for Today, Friday, July 9

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Envision that ball of lights you have to untangle every year. Now envision your organized decorating experience after reading the tip below...

******************************************************************************************
July 9, 2010

Today's tip comes from AnnieClaus

Annie writes:
For small Christmas string lights take a magazine you no longer want, roll it and tape it. Next, wrap your string of lights around the tube- going up the length of the magazine. The magazine is more sturdy than a paper towel or wrapping paper tube. Store the rolled up lights with your Christmas decorations for next year.

******************************************************************************************

Thanks Annie - A recyling tip AND a storage tip all in one! This will work perfect for my smaller sets of lights for my little trees. Your name has been dropped into my magic hat for a drawing at the end of the month. Good luck!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I LOVE this tip! And.... if those rolled up magazines just happen to be Christmas magazines.......... :merrychristmas:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This would save me spending hours untangling lights

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
But that would mean depriving DH of one of his FAVORITE holiday tasks - untangling the lights! ROTFL! Great tip Annie! I will have to share your wisdom with hubby!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
But that would mean depriving DH of one of his FAVORITE holiday tasks - untangling the lights! ROTFL! Great tip Annie! I will have to share your wisdom with hubby!

Colleen - you made me laugh. Somehow tangled lights are always the mans fault aren't they! :0)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Orangesforadam - I just noticed that you typed Michelle and it let you!!!!! That means we don't have to butcher her name like Mic h elle or Mich ell e!!! I wonder how long it would have taken me to figure that out?