Tip Top Tip for Today, Saturday, July 3

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Are you baking this upcoming holiday season? Check out Charlotte's tip below for advanced storage.

***********************************************************************************************************************
July 3, 2010

Today's tip comes from Charscorner

Charlotte writes:

I secured empty icing pails from the grocery store bake shop and keep my holiday canned and packaged shelf items in these stored separately from my regular pantry. An inventory of the items is written on a wide piece of masking tape on the lid for quick reference of on-hand stash. That way I don't over buy and can quickly accertain what remains to be purchased while assuring the stash is reserved for the holiday.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Thanks Charlotte! Not only does this keep your holiday baking supplies from your regular pantry items but it also keeps them safe from bugs and other critters. I appreciate you sharing your tip and your name has been dropped into my hat for a random prize drawing. Good luck!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Interest I never thought to see if I could get them. I guess if someone didn't have access to those a Rubbermaid tote would work to keep them safe and from being eaten. Thanks for the tip.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What a great idea. I do seperate my baking goods by putting them in a box. Never thought about putting them in a tote and I love the idea of doing an inventory.
Another thing to add to my to do list.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
This is a great idea! I like that you keep them separate - very helpful when "elves" are looking for a quick treat like nuts &/or chocolate chips! LOL! TFS!