Tip Top Tip for Today, Sunday, July 4th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Imagine gift giving for eight nights straight instead of just Christmas day! This lady has it down to a science!

***********************************************************************************************************************
Sunday, July 4

Today's tip comes from Halimer

Halimer writes:

I always wrap DH's and DS's eight Hanukkah gifts in one distinctive wrapping paper for each. That way I don't have to label each one and they can get to pick which one they'll open each night by selecting one with "their" paper.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Thanks for the tip Halimer! For me I could use this for stocking stuffers and the boys gifts. What a great idea and you avoid the occasional lost tag and look of "who's is this?" too! Your name has been thrown in my hat for the giveaway. Good luck!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I like the idea of using different papers for different people! that way no names (so they can't peek)!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Halimer - my mom does this, but one year she swapped colors (by accident) - that was a fun year - my brother opened a barbie camper before she realized what had happened!!! lol! Now, if she had a holiday Notebook, that never would have happened! ;)

PS - it really makes the pile of gifts look so pretty!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Another great idea. It would save time just to use a different wrap for each child, I will have to see if this idea would work for my family. It would certainly stop the peeking wouldn't it??

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
I've done this since DD was born and it's fun! I find some girly paper for her and something that shows what DS is into that year and wrap as I go. Then I can add the bows and pretties right before they go under the tree. Santa doesn't wrap gifts or stocking stuffers so those are a little trickier. In my gift closet I keep a gift bag for each kid and DH and drop things in as I pick 'em up. Larger gifts get hidden until Christmas Eve when it's a game of trying to find 'em all without waking up the kids!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Glad you've enjoyed my tip.

Hanukkah starts on the night of November 30 this year - really early - I have to get moving!

Debbie