Tip Top Tip for Today, Thursday, July 15

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I have a lot of November and December birthdays in my family. Do you? If so, enjoy the tip below!

July 15, 2010

Today's tip comes from Basket

Basket writes:

My tip is to give a Christmas decoration or a Christmas ornament as a birthday present to someone who has her or his birthday in November / December.

My sister in law has her birthday on the 23rd of November and I bring her an complete Advent wreath instead of flowers.

Thanks, Basket. I think the idea of an Advent wreath is really nice! My SIL has a birthday on November 30 so this might be just the thing. Your name has been thrown into my magic hat for the drawing at the end of the month. Good luck!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I have my twins in November and one of my DDsIL, and in December is youngest DGD. I give ornaments to the grandkids every year (I am trying to make them these days), so that might be a good thing for her. Good tip, Basket.

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
I have given my son an Advent calendar as an early Birthday present for the past two years. He looks forward to it & considers it a "tradition" (even though he is only 6! lol). I buy him the Lego Advent calendar. We all enjoy watching him open each new window & his brother is more than happy to help him play with the Lego pieces. It also helps to spread out the birthday fun....his actual birthday is December 14th and sometimes it feels like it rolls right into Christmas.

I have been given Christmas ornaments for my Bday present before...and my birthday is in August! lol. I didn't mind one bit. If you know the recipent will receive it well, a Christmas ornament any time of year can work as a great gift;o).

Thanks for the tip!

Bren

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The advent wreath is a lovely idea. I am thinking of buying my mum some flowers as an early christmas present. i will get them delivered early so she can enjoy them all month

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Like the Advent Calendar idea too. So you can give some little presents in a bulk. It´s nearly the same like a basket - you can give it by a theme like pampering or reading or Italian food or sth.