Tip Top Tip for Today, Thursday, July 29

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Want your child to have a sentimental Christmas decoration when they move out on their own? Read below for a sweet hint.

***************************************************************************************************

July 29, 2010

Today's tip comes from Jinglemom

Jinglemom writes:

If your child really loves a particular decoration you recently purchased buy a duplicate. Give it as a gift for their first decoration in their own place to give a little sense of home.

****************************************************************************************************

Thanks, Jinglemom! Your name has been added to my magic hat for the drawing this weekend. Good luck!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
What a great idea! I never would have thought to buy a decoration that my boys love now for their future homes! TFS!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I did this for a nephew. His name was Nicholas and was born in November. I always called him St Nick. I purchased every St Nick ornament I could find and saved it for him.

Another cool idea is to have a Christmas tree set up at a wedding party. Then ask each guest to bring an ornament for the new couple. Christmas ornaments make a great wedding gift.