Tip Top Tip for Today, Tuesday, July 20

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I adore this tip. What better way to welcome people into your home on a cold December day!

********************************************************************************************
July 20, 2010

Today's tip comes from ColleeninPA

Colleen writes:

My mom would "stock up" on slipper socks throughout the year (you can usually find them on sale during the summer) and buy out the clearance bins of Christmas socks. Then she would leave them all in a pretty basket by the front door during the holidays so that anyone visiting could take off their (often wet & cold) shoes or boots and slip on comfy socks. Bonus: her floors stayed clean and the socks were a "parting gift" to her guests!

*********************************************************************************************

Thanks, Colleen! This is such a sweet thing to do. I'm stocking up after Christmas this year and starting this tradition! Your name has been added a second time to my magic hat for the drawing at the end of the month. Good luck!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
That is a great idea!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I like that idea!! and people who don't like to wear slippers that other people have worn will be happy too.!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
What a clever and unique idea!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What a cute idea. Very thoughtful.