Tip Top Tip of Today!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
It's here! Christmas in July is here! Many, many of you have been sending me tips and now I FINALLY get to share your amazing ideas with the rest of the group. First, let me say how wonderful you all are. The tips are fabulous and I've been itching to share them. So, let the Tip Top Tip of Today begin!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Today's Tip comes from Colleen in PA.

Colleen Writes:

We put a box together in the days before Christmas of all the things we might need that morning:

-CD of christmas music to play while opening gifts
-Extra batteries in various sizes
-Phillips and flat head screwdrivers (and one of the tiny ones if you have it)
-Extra extension cord - just in case
-Scissors or a box cutter (to help open plastic packaging)
-Extra camera battery/card &/or film
-Tape (to fix any tears in the paper when "Santa" is arranging packages)
-Extra gift tags (for the same reason as above)
-Pen
-Small notebook (to make note of gifts NOT from Santa for Thank You notes)
-Gallon-size ziplock bag to hold instructions, extra pieces, or Proofs of purchase once gifts are opened)
-Several large garbage bags for easy clean up
-Tylenol (seriously!)

I am embarrassed to admit that we also keep the Baby Jesus in the box until Christmas morning because one year we hid it from my DS (then 2.5 yo) because he kept playing with it and we COULDN'T FIND IT on Christmas morning!

I assemble this box about a week before Christmas so that I'm not rushing around looking for things at the last minute. I put a big bow on the box and it blends in with the other gifts.

Colleen - What an amazing idea! I LOVE it! I especially like how you disguise the box! Thank you so much for sharing. I've dropped your name in the hat for a fun give away.

Stay tuned for our next Tip Top Tip of Today installment.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
That is a VERY VERY Good tip!

TSF!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Very, very good tip. I'll print it off RIGHT NOW!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Great idea! I usually just lay them out the night before, but I like the box idea.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I do keep a basket next to my chair during the holidays that has some basic necessities like stamps, pens, tape, stapler, marker and whatever else I can think of. My cards make it in there till I hang them up. My holiday magazines and anything Christmas related in general. I actually keep it year around now, but it gets used the most during the holidays.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I agree, great idea!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
How did I get through 22 Christmasses without thinking of this idea??? It is brilliant.!!!!!! I am going to do this this year for sure. TFS

XmasInBama

Retire Member
Nov 9, 2009
Thanks for sharing, I absolutely LOOVE this idea! I am going to think about using it this year!