To-Do List For March 29 - April 4th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Shall we look ahead to the upcoming week? It DOES look like a nice week, going into Easter and Spring.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Tentative plans:

Monday: Rain Day. Work in office/guest room.
Tuesday: More rain. Paperwork/pay some bills.
Wednesday: Big Laundry. Work Outside.
thursday: Kitchen cleanup. Work outside.
Friday: Back to office/guest room.
Saturday: Work outside.
Sunday: Happy Easter.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Here's a try:

Monday: - work - heavy load 3 meetings for big meeting (around 70 people on tuesday) - dentist appointment to fill in cavity at 6:30 pm. Last day with coworkers (4) leaving for 2-weeks in China.. lunch is supposed to be with them... but I'll probably have to cancel to prepare big meeting.
Tuesday: 7:50 hospital appointment for IUD (hopefully everything will be resolved and it will stop taking my energy) then work day - am finish preparation for meeting. PM- Huge meeting to finish later than usual. Tuesday night - crash from exhaustion. DH will go with DS to his hockey game (maybe the last)
Wednesday: Hopefully all IUD problems are gone.. I'm back to my old self and can take it easier today at work, and maybe go out at noon to pick up some chocolate for easter. Laundry when I get home
Thursday: work + laundry + MAYBE go pick up some supplies for spring cleaning (my vileda wall-mop has to be changed)
Friday: off!!!! Prepare stuff to go to mom's saturday & sunday. Laundry, vaccuum, wash bathroom, prepare Easter gifts.
Saturday: 3 hour drive to mom's & spend some time with family
Sunday: Mom's easter brunch... help her with it & have more fun. Leave by late afternoon to come back. Unpack & start laundry
Monday: Start spring cleaning and maybe wash a few pair of boots & winter coats.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
LL
Your list made me tired just looking at it !

MONDAY
Work
Hair Appt
Make Pedicure Appt.
Sew Closures on 2 EyeGlass Cases
Make Wedding Card

TUESDAY
Work
Pick up Puppy at Day Care
Cut out bag #7 of 10

WEDNESDAY
Work
Sew and Finish Bag #7
Clean up and Box Pin I made for friend picking up tomorrow

THURSDAY
Work
Buy Tickets for Wine Tasting in June with Girls
Lunch with friend driving up from Memphis, Tn to pick up Wifes Broach I made for him to give to her for her birthday
Pick up Puppy at Day Care
Pack up Ebay Items that sold this week

FRIDAY
Work
Lunch with friend
Dinner Date with hubby

SATURDAY
Pack up Easter Baskets for Granddaughters, take by to them
Hobby Lobby and lunch out with DH
Cut and sew Bag #8
List items on EBAY

SUNDAY
Dinner out with Mom and Dad
Cut out Bag #9

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Another week!!

Monday--Dust living room/dining room, clean floor of coat closet
Tuesday--Change Kiddo's bedsheets, organize one art shelf and have Kiddo fix straighten dresser drawers
Wednesday-- Clean kitchen, work on grocery list and wipe out inside of oven
Thursday-- Request medical records to be sent and write letters
Friday--Clean bathrooms and vacuum house
Saturday-- attend a baby dedication
Sunday- Easter Brunch

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Good. Good. Good.

I am very happy to see our MHh Family Members posting their weekly lists/thoughts/goals here. TOGETHER....... with Baby Steps..... we will work on our week. Lots of rest periods. Lots of love and support. We ALREADY have each other, and our wonderful MHH Family. We will do the rest in Baby Steps. Resting happily along the way!

Having fun together.

Cherishing our differences.

Cherishing the fact that we love, and are loved, by people who have very different lives from our own.

Savoring the fact that we have people who love us for our very uniqueness. People who want nothing more than to share this beautiful adventure of life -- with us!

It is very very cool!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
What do you mean, -LL-? Do you mean -- how do you check things off on your list?

Or do you mean..... how do you get through all the requirements of "Real Life" in order to get to the Magical Stuff?

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Monday - rain day here too. Swim on way to work (accomplished for a change!). Work. Buy eggs for easter egg hunt on Sunday. Leftovers dinner of roast lamb and gravy, with freshly made mashed potatoe and veggies. Tidy off dining table after last night's chaos and get the sleeves started on cardigan for new niece.

Tuesday - Snow expected. Swim en route to work. Work. Clear document to send to other Departments. Arrange to attend beautician at lunchour (waxing). Lasagne (HM but from freezer) for dinner. Tidy off guest bed (now that potatoes are no longer "chitting" there). Knit more of sleeves on cardigan.

Wednesday - Try to swim today. Work - clear backlog for boss return tomorrow. Ravioli for DD dinner, and Ikea's meatballs and oven chips for adults. Fold laundry from this week's washing. Put away laundry from hot press. More knitting.

Thursday - Definite swim today. Work - clear desk for Easter break. Ravioli for DD (2nd half of pack) and possibly chicken fajitas for grown ups (something from freezer anyway). Lay out clothes for suitcases, and organise my "time out" bags for DD and I (books, knitting, games and colouring etc). Make sure eggs get packed, out of DD's sight. Relax with glass of wine and DH.

Friday - Pack bags. Have decent breakfast - rasher sambos perhaps, and a relaxed coffee. Drive to my parent's holiday house - perhaps arrange to meet 1 sis en route. Weekend of relaxation - plenty of books, wellies for beach walks, sharing cooking nice meals, various aunts to distract DD.....

Monday - return to normality.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OK. Monday, March 29th. I HAVE been working in the office/guest room. And, for variety, working in the kitchen. Cleaning out the refrigerator.

I have gotten rid of almost a whole banker's box of old papers. Too bad that is NOT the only box of papers that I have. Sigh. Oh.... baby steps.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Finish cooking for Passover.
Host two seders (Monday and Tuesday)
Knife skills class on Wednesday
Friday Mets/Rays game at Tropicana Field
Pack, pack, pack as we're starting to head back to NY on Saturday.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
How was your first Passover dinner, Hallmer? I bet it was wonderful and full of love!

Cmerth -- I love your new blog. I am going to be working right along with you -- on making beautiful, healing rest a BIG part of my life! My pattern in the past has been to work full speed ahead..... until I "fall off the cliff" of exhaustion. That way is NOT working for me anymore!

More rest will not only be so much healthier physically -- I KNOW that it will lead to more peace, a closer connection to God..... AND a much happier extended family. I drive everyone to great unhappiness when I work myself into a frantic, exhausted state.

So.... when you, and others..... write about rest....... it is so helpful! Thank you!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Passover dinners were excellent! And today, as a reward, I didn't even have to cook! We hosted 4 friends the first night and seven the second and the fridge and freezer now look empty - which is great since we're heading out Saturday.

So far, I'm accomplishing what I should be- tomorrow will be mostly about the packing.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
So ---- how is your week going?

This is a good week for me. Lots of work and lots of fun. And lots of time for gratitude!

There is a dilemma for next week. Dh has to go on a businessy trip. I DO NOT like to leave home at this time of year! You know that I want to be outside in the garden as much as possible! So.... I would love to NOT go with dh on this trip. And.... dh has said it is perfectly fine for me NOT to go on this one.

Sigh. I know that is not true. I know that the long drives will be completely exhausting for dh. When we go on these long trips, we leave before dawn.... and dh sleeps while I drive. Then.... when he wakes up, he reads the sports page and does the crossword puzzle. We stop for breakfast. Then, dh sleeps some more. After that nap, dh drives for a couple of hours. IF I do not share the driving with dh, the driving alone will completely exhaust him before he even gets to his destination. And then the businessy part of the trip will be more exhausting and overwhelming for him. Not to mention the long driv e home.

So.... I will go with him. Oh -- and I will be away from our MHH family for the length of the trip -- early Monday morning until some time Friday. Sigh.

So.. I will have a pretty puny list next week. Luckily.... we have 52 weeks in our beautiful year! today's countdown to Christmas was 267! So... plenty of time to do stuff.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sparklenana...good of you to go with your DH. I know I'd be in the same situation... even if he says you can stay... I KNOW he doesn't really mean it...

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thank you luludou! You're right. Dh is very happy that I am going with him! He has told me several times!

I keep reminding myself that this is one of the reasons that we are here at our Magical Holiday Home! We help each other -- all year -- to keep working at the things we want/need to get done! So that.... when Real Life comes up...... we can take care of our "real life needs".

Being here really, really helps!