Tooth Fairy

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I have to tell ya'll what just happened. DS7 lost a tooth at school yesterday. He bumped into someone and further loosened an already loose tooth. His teacher sent him to the nurse, she gave him a tissue to wipe the blood and he used it to pull the tooth! :rotflol: So, of course, he put it under his pillow last night for the Tooth Fairy. Only problem is, the Tooth Fairy is getting old and forgetful, and she totally forgot. They are out of school today, but he got up at his usual time. He ran to look under his pillow, and...nothing except his tooth!

So I jumped up from the computer, and went into the laundry room to try to figure out what to do...then grabbed a dollar bill from my purse and an envelope and scribbled his name on it, stuck the dollar in and sealed it up. Then I told him I found it by the back door, that she must have dropped it on her way in. He grinned his little gap-toothed smile and said "yeah, I'm sure that's it!"! LOL! I think the gig is up for the tooth fairy! However, he'll never admit it because he's afraid he won't get any more money!!

That is so funny!

Is that the going rate for teeth? :haha:

LOL I did that once also but I told my son that maybe the tooth fairy had alot of kids last night so she will probably get him first tonight. He didn't think anything of it and wouldn't you know I was right. The tooth fairy came that night and all was well.

I do have a funny first time tooth fairy story though. My oldest son lost his first tooth before his 5th birthday. I went to the store and bought this box of coloring/activity books that included crayons for like $10 and stuck it under his pillow. Now remember he is still 4 years old and didn't go to daycare or pre-k or anything. I wake up first and can hardly wait for him to wake up and see his present from the tooth fairy. So he wakes up and goes to the bathroom, washes up, rubs his eyes to wake up and then says did the tooth fairy come? I tell him he has to check under his pillow. He runs to his room and comes back to the kitchen and says "where's the money?" :? . In my head I was thinking how does he know about the money. We wrote the tooth fairy and he was given a dollar that night from the tooth fairy. So needless to say when the twins finally lost their first teeth I gave up and just did the dollar thing. But man I thought I was being a cool tooth fairy and buying a big present instead of ONE dollar. Oh well I guess they just saved me some money!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Re: Tooth Fairy Websites

http://www.toothfairyland.com/

http://toothfairys.net/

When my kids were little if the tooth fairy didn't take the tooth the first night it was a warning that they weren't brushing their teeth enough. They would brush their teeth really well the next night plus brush the loose tooth and try again.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The tooth fairy forgot to come one time when my son lost a tooth, he was very upset. We told him that she was just so busy that she must have forgotten. I told him I would email her and remind her. He said that would be a good idea and of course she remembered to come that night.

:snowman: Melanie

Jingle Belle

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
The tooth fairy has forgotten at our house before too. We also told DD that the tooth fairy must have had too many kids that night and was too busy. Since the tooth fairy always leaves a note for DD, she confirmed this story the next night when she finally got there!

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
When I was little a looooong time ago I washed my tooth because it was bloody before putting it under the pillow, only problem was it went down the drain; it took momma and daddy an hour to convince me to calm down that the tooth fairy knew that I lost a tooth and would leave a nickel any way. I didn't believe them but by Golly they were right!

:rotflol:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
1Ahorsesoul,
What a brilliant idea to tell them that the 'forgotten tooth' was a warning from the tooth fairy to brush more! Wish I had thought of that the times the tooth fairy passed over our house! You can bet I'll remember it if/when it happens again!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Youngest dd lost her first tooth and really lost it. When it fell out she was out side playing on the slide she got so excited that when she was going down the slide to tell me it fell out of her hand. We had to sit down that night and write a letter to the Tooth Fairy and tell her what happened, and where she might be able to find her tooth. Tooth fairy left extra money for remembering to let her know where to find the tooth. Also a note back to tell her she found her tooth right where she said she would find it. Good thing that tooth never showed up again.

Also the Tooth Fairy has forgotten to come here. But she always shows up the next night. If you are in bed late the Tooth Fairy knows and skips your house.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
My son tricked the tooth fairy when he was 11. He had lost a tooth while playing with a friend. Both he and his friend weren't quite sure if the tooth fairy was real or not so they decided to put the tooth under his pillow and not tell me. When he woke up he asked me why the tooth fairy didn't come. I quickly grabbed a dollar and tried to sneak it on the floor as if it had fallen out from under his pillow, but he didn't buy it. He was upset at first until I told him he would still get the dollar plus I would add another extra surprise. I didn't want to ruin it for the other child and his family so when his friend called I told him to merely say that he had found a dollar on the floor by his pillow. Trying to head off any doubt about Santa and the Easter bunny, I said that if he knew it would make him so upset, why did he try to figure it out? It has been two years and he still hasn't asked me if Santa is real. ::eek:rnament:
:sleigh: