Top Five Things I Won’t Do This Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Jeff Westover

MHH Maintenance Dept.
Staff member
MHH Admin
Sep 7, 2009
Cache Valley, Utah
mymerrychristmas.com
With Labor Day weekend approaching it is inevitable that my heart turns to Christmas. I’m so done with summer. And Halloween does nothing for me. Zip. I love Thanksgiving but I consider it a part of Christmas. That’s just how I roll. So it is only natural for me to have Christmas on the brain right now. Before I spend a penny, before I make a plan, before I lick a stamp, hang a stocking or string a light: there are some things I must promise myself NOT to do this Christmas. Like New Year’s resolutions these are the big bad no-no’s for me this year: 1. I will NOT just buy Christmas presents. This has to be #1. I’m long past caring what I spend on Christmas (or anything else for that matter). Middle age does that to you. When you’re young, you’re broke. When you have kids, you’re still broke but you go frugal because, doggone it, you’ve got to be an example. When you realize you one day want to retire — and this hits you at about age 33 — you worry about “saving”. Then you hit 50. And you conclude you could get hit by [...]

More...

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I knew I wasn't the only one that felt this way!!

Bring it on!!!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Hilarious-and so true-although I am crazy about Halloween and Thanksgiving too-LOL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Agreed 100%. I am ready for Christmas to be the way it should be.

jyclassy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I love this. This is so liberating. Don't like the uptight "have to"feelings just because others expect it. You have made my day and will remember this now and as Christmas draws near. Thank you so much. jy

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I do like Halloween and love Thanksgiving :) but love the sentiment of this