'Tree Presents' were a success!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Can't remember who first posted about 'tree presents', but I tried it this year and the kids were really pleased! The idea was that later in the evening, or on the day the tree comes down, the kids find a gift from the tree hidden in the tree branches or underneath.

Our tree was very budget minded :grin: and just left a small gift for each kid -- lifesaver-filled ornaments that I got after Christmas for 75% off -- but they were unexpected and appreciated! I think that they might be more eager to help me undecorate the tree next year!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Glad the tree presents were a success! My grandmother has always done this and it adds a little extra fun to Christmas evening after everything else has been unwrapped. This year her tree outdid itself - a brand new Wii system for the whole extended family to enjoy! Granny won it from a Home and School raffle at my daughters' school.

We all had a blast trying it out on Christmas! Granny said, "I was never so excited to win something that I didn't even know what it was."

redfairy

Premiere Member
May 23, 2008
Utah
LadyEvenstar said:
This year her tree outdid itself - a brand new Wii system for the whole extended family to enjoy! Granny won it from a Home and School raffle at my daughters' school.

We all had a blast trying it out on Christmas! Granny said, "I was never so excited to win something that I didn't even know what it was."

It pays to love your tree! :flower: