tree

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
I feel that this is not the place to post this but couln't figure out where to ask so I am going for this site-I am about to take down my 4th of July tree-what do you all do for August? Thanks WOMAN

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
hhhmmm good question. I don't have a monthly tree. Beach/sea maybe? Since it's so hot out.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
August is all about back to school prep for me. I don't decorate per se, but I leave out most of our nautical and red, white & blue things until after Labor Day.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
When the boys were younger I used to do seasonal trees for them. In august I put up the summer tree - seashells, sand dollars, beach ball ornaments, sand castle ornaments, etc.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I just saw this post....and thought of back to school immediately!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I always had fun with the back to school tree - I hung pencils, pencil sharpners, fall leaves, small rulers, apple cut outs, etc. on the tree. The kids loved it when they were younger.

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
I've always struggled with August too. Love the idea of beachy theme. I too, have a "monthly" tree and as the last days of July are waning....I guess I'll reluctantly take down my 4th stuff. I usually do "Back-to-School" in Sept. and then start incorporating fall leaves towards the end of that month leading into my fall/harvest/scarecrow tree for October! Love hearing all the ideas!

Pippi

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am toying with the idea of putting up a "Christmas" Christmas tree in the office/guest room/Christmas room. At least - putting up Christmas twinkly lights.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I think you should do it SparkleNana! I bet you'll soon find your self adding a few seasonal items as well! :0)