Trick r Treat...Countdown to Halloween 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I checked out the catalog on line - wow!

Thanks for sharing.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been really worried about making Halloween fun for DS this year! As an only child and with no other kids in our "bubble" it's been challenging.

This site gave me some great ideas!

Putting some of these together with what I was already planning give me hope for Quarantine-o-WEEN!!! :D

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Got my Fancy Flours Fall/Halloween catalog in the mail yesterday!
Their covers are deliciously festive and, as always, overflowing with all sorts of seasonal magic!

Wow! Too cool! I sent the online link to DD28! Thanks for sharing!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I don't know who is coming - although the Governor said it is OK - to trick and treat but I bought candy.

Might have to eat it all if no one comes like last year;)

Reactions: jampss

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Talked Halloween over with DH last night - I guess they have already said that trick or treating is OFF around here.

We have friends that host an annual Halloween party and trunk-or-treat. They have already said they won't be having the party - which is a total bummer - yeah, yeah, I know, add it to the list 2020!!!! They live in the country and go ALL out setting up haunted woods trails - all the kids look forward to it!

They are considering possibly still doing the trunk-or-treat - but social distanced somehow - only 3 people including us have said we're even open to the possibility so not sure if that will happen at all or not.

• Sad
Reactions: jampss

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
17 days till halloween still dont know the plan for treat /treating. i got pumpkins to go on the porch today not sure yet when we will carve it .did get some candy today. we will eat it either way.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Our town is doing trick or treating but gave everyone a flier in a mailer to post if they are participating. Double sided, 1 side says Trick or Treat we are participating.... the other says Sorry due to safety concerns we are not participating.... We don't get many so decided not to participate.

Last edited:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
No information here on Halloween, but the local paper (comes out once a week on Wednesday) had a big front page article that the annual parade will happen, but with people staying in their cars instead of getting out and lining the parade route along the streets.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Our neighborhood handled Halloween by either turning off lights and not handing out candy, or putting candy out on a table with the candy being spaced apart. One yard had candy bars glued to wooden dowels. The dowels were put into the grass. We had candy on the table. In all, we had three people stop by which isn't much different than other years.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Ill have to check with the neighbors on a count but I know there were no where near our 300 trick or treaters like last year. I heard a few groups but that was all.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We had 12 kids last night that stopped by, candy was out on a table towards the end of the driveway.. We waked the kids around the part of the neighborhood, didn't go to most of the houses we normally do and went to houses we knew. Could not get over how few kids were out, not even half of the normal trick or treaters. Kids still made out like bandits as they were getting handfuls of candy. Hopefully next year will be back to more normal.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We had no one here at all. A combination of Covid and really heavy rainfall.
Will reassess for next year.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We had no trick-or-treaters before we went to DS's house. I've read several posts from people with young children who did it like we used to...going to houses of people you know...and their children said they liked it better than going to the community events that are huge.

frostythesnowman

Premiere Member
May 4, 2013
uk
We had zero trick r treaters...But we did have a fun day with the gals with our very own halloween party....Lets hope next years Halloween will be what we are all used too...:)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We had 48, a low number for here... but then again only 5 houses were lit in the street, so not tempting for the kids

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
We had about 30 kids, most trick or treating with their parents.

Last year we had one.

Go figure!

• Wow
Reactions: Holiday_Mom