Tuesday Morning Too Soon--July 28th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Went to bed late and up early! About 5 1/2 hours of sleep but was restless with that so ....

I do think our weather is to cool down. Hope humidity it gone. Saw low 80's predicted but not sure when.

Not much going on here. Cleaning.

To see Aunt Imogene tonight at 5:15. Maybe Subway for supper.

I better run-----have a checkbook to bring up to date.

Have a GREAT day everybody!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Good morning! Having coffee in the sunroom this morning. We are supposed to finally cool down here too.

Yesterday I had breakfast with my friends from work. We haven’t seen each other since February! The 3 of us have been meeting up every month for the last 5 years. We didn’t have nearly enough time to catch up. Usually the restaurant would be packed but there were just 2 other couples there. They have gone to all disposable utensils, limited menu, and increased prices.

I need to get moving and on the road. Heading off to Amish country to get fabric for my husbands quilt. I still have major anxiety about driving so I’m pushing my self to work through it. My new rav is bigger than my old one so I’m still trying to figure that out too. I’m frustrated with my self that I’m letting this anxiety get in the way of me doing things. I can do this!

Have a blessed day everyone. Prayers for everyone as you journey through this day. Stay safe out there.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Good morning, Lana nd Amelia and all to come.

We are to be a bit cooler, too. Thank the good Lord! Yesterday did me in! But we got some rain...twice. The last time it was pretty heavy at times, and it rained for an hour or more!

I am gonna try to clean some today. I am getting that itch to sew, again. Don't know what I will sew. If I go out, I must get gas. Poor Sophie is so very thirsty.

Brysen is better. Poor little fella. I wish you could see his eyelashes. They are so long and curly! Oh my goodness! We ladies would almost kill for them! He has very pretty eyes that come with those lashes, too.

Well, my life is so boring right now, so I won't say any more. Hope you all have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed.

piratemamaof3boys

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Morning ladies. I am jealous of the cooler weather and rain you speak of. Heat wave and drought here. The cicadas are noisy early and I always say its an indication of a hot day.
Two more days of work then a 4 day weekend camping.
Amelia - glad you had a nice breakfast we will all be with you driving today, you got this.
Lucie- have a good day
Pam- happy sowing.

Have a great day

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Morning!
Supposed to hit 43 today (110 F) so I'm trying to do some baking and get the housework done early. We were supposed to have rainstorms, and I was looking forward to them to clear the humidity, but looks like they've passed us by and we're stuck with these high humid temps for a few days.
Going to try to submit my homeschool forms today. I was all ready when I saw it required a signature, so I guess I need to print them, sign them, scan them, and then email them. My scanner doesn't work well with DH's new computer, so that will be a process.
Teaching them together will be much easier. I've picked up a couple of games to make learning more fun. French is going to be the hard one since I don't speak it.
I downloaded the Harry Potter knitting book. It's $2.99 on kindle in Canada. I'm hoping to use up some of my stash to make a few things for DD9 who is obsessed with the books and heartbroken that she's completed the last one and has no more to read. I'm finding it hard to find any crafting time. The girls are up later now with the heat and long days, and DH is working earlier so I don't stay up too late when I have to be up at 5 am.
Hope everyone has a good day.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Morning! gray, hot and humid here too. should have some rain but was to have some yesterday too and it just passed us by.

Was awake at 6:30, just been lazing around nothing done yet. Have just started laundry.

Have things on my to-do list but will see what actually gets done... this morning just feeling lazy.

Have a great day

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day everyone. There is supposed to be a cool front headed this way that is to bring rain & cooler temps. I hope that plays out. It's a bit cooler right now only 78.

We will need to figure out for supper. So I'll know what to lay out thought about a roast in the crockpot but not I have a taste for that.

Lana I hope yall get some cooler temps.
Amelia I pray you have a relaxful drive and find the fabric you want.
Pam it will be nice to have cool temps. My DS had long lashes like Brysen when he was little.
Shannon I know you're looking forward to your camping trip.
FS hope you get your homeschooling forms submitted alright.
Lucie a lazing day sounds good.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
good morning. not cool here i wish. we need rain. t ball tonite and thur then its done. woke up with a headache but its getting better. want to look at halloween magazines today just get my mind off of all the stuff going on. they destroyed downtown over the weekend breaking windows setting fires its just crazy. have a good day

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
change of plans. DH just left to pick up Xavier. seems ddil didn't sleep much last night so he will spend the day here with us.

Paid bills, sent email link to a cousin, reorganized freezer (didn't take long), threw out a few boxes.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good morning!

It's 74* now and 83% humidity. Looks like highs in the 80s today. It rained a lot overnight, which is always good. I thought maybe storms would be popping up this evening, but it looks like clear skies today. We will see how the day progresses.

It's been a busy few days. On Sunday, we went to Altoona to Sam's Club, Target and a local furniture chain that is going out of business. I didn't have much luck at Sam's with wipes or laundry detergent. I did find laundry sanitizer at Target! I bought both bottles. lol We found a bedroom suite at the furniture store that we liked, but the prices were not as good as expected, so we passed on that. Then I came home and headed back out to take M to dance. We picked up her costumes too...and they still fit....thank goodness! Then it was back home for a bit, and back to the studio for an hour. I killed time by reading and picking up some birthday cards at DG. We finally were home for the night at 8pm.

Monday was busy too. Our cousins came for a social distanced porch visit. We visited for hours. Then I put dinner together, we ate and I took M to day 2 of dance. In between, my bff stopped for mulch hay twice for some new grass they are planting. Then J and I worked on green beans. We cleaned and snapped 3 grocery bags full of beans, then blanched about 15 pints of them and froze them. Then I went back out to pick up M from dance. Tonight we will can the second batch of beans. I like canned beans for some recipes and frozen for others, so we do both.

Today should be a bit calmer...lol...after M and I walk, I'm going to make some more zucchini bread. I just put a few things in the mail. My cousin's bil passed. He was only 45. His mother just passed last week. It's a really sad time for the family. Due to the bil's health issues, he was unable to secure health care and life insurance once he retired from his job as a school principal. I sent a gift to help with expenses. He was such a nice, gentle man. Friends started a Go Fund Me, but I wanted to get the donation directly to the family. M has soccer tonight. It's carpool night, so that means we take the girls and another mom brings her home. Yay!

I forgot how busy life can be....dance and soccer are back in the picture again taking up a lot of time.

Well, I better get to walking....talk to you all soon. I need to catch up here! I wish you a wonderful day!

~peace and blessings~

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
French is going to be the hard one since I don't speak it.
I'm racking my brain trying to remember what French homeschool curriculum we used - I'll have to do some digging at home to see if I still have anything with it written down. Are you familiar with the Rainbow Resource Center and their catalog? I used to have the print version - it was free, not sure if it still is - but there is an online catalog and their website is very user-friendly. I loved that they gave such great descriptions of the materials.

Reactions: girlsinmo

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Good morning!

Good news - about 10 degrees cooler here today. Bad news - network drives are still down at work so it's going to be a day of finding busy work to keep me occupied. Got home half an hour later than usual last night because of a traffic jam, it wasn't even an accident (that's a good thing) but a police car that pulled someone over causing a massive gaper's delay. Does anyone else use that term? Those lookie-lous who slow down to check out what's going on and cause a major backup. I first heard it when we lived north of Chicago - the traffic report was always talking about gaper's delays. Anyway, got home to find a long, yellow spray-painted line leading from the street to the side of the house where the gas meter is located. I texted my neighbor and she said the gas company truck was outside the house in the afternoon so it must have something to do with the permit for the seismic retrofit. We're having an emergency shut-off valve installed as well so they were most likely marking the line.

Not much else going on last night. Completely forgot to watch an episode of Belgravia - watched an episode of NCIS that ended with "To Be Continued" so I watched the next episode. Went to bed at a decent hour, slept well, and woke up early this morning.

My Amoretti syrups order is complete - I got the sugar-free vanilla last week and the sugar-free caramel arrived last night. Each bottle comes with a pump so I look like a regular barista with the coffee machine, espresso machine, and two syrup bottles. They add a little bit extra to my coffee and lattes.

Have a great day, everyone, and stay cool.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

I slept fairly well until this morning. I had a weird dream that woke me up and then I had a hard time getting back to sleep so I got out of bed just before 5. I laid awake for about half an hour listening to DH snore/breathe (or not breathe). He did stop breathing for several seconds a couple times so i'll let him know. He did go to the doctor about his snoring and they put in a referral (supposedly) to ENT, but he hasn't received any phone call for an appointment yet. :rolleyes: He'll need to check on that this week. I had a text message in the middle of the night from DS's success coach, good thing I put my phone on silent, except I forgot to last night. I didn't hear it come in, but I did hear something else from my phone so I turned it off then.

Today will be spent preparing for me to start working tomorrow. I wish I had more time to prepare and not such short notice. :oops: Oh well, nothing I can do about it. I need a new pair of sandals to wear and have some errands to run that I thought I would have time to do the rest of the week. I haven't prepared my kids for school at all with supplies (still wondering what's going to come out of this meeting on Thursday). I will look through Eli's supplies from last year and see what can be used and then either today or this weekend will get what is needed. They are only on campus two days a week so I won't be sending much in. I organized my closet last night, putting all my "work" clothes in one area. I should probably pick up a few more pieces. I'll see if anything catches my eye when i'm out today. Not being able to try things on is such a hinderance though.

I need to read through all of the demonstration teaching information I have again but I don't think it's very detailed, just general information. I want details! I would like to know more of what to expect and what goals I need to meet, etc. My "courses" won't open up until the 1st and actually maybe not until after that when I talk to my program mentor on the 3rd. So frustrating going into this pretty much blind.

Lana- I hope your weather cools with low humidity, that humidity can be a killer. Enjoy your visit with Aunt Im!
Amelia- Glad you were able to see your friends! Nothing to do but get back on the horse as they say. I understand the anxiety though, just take deep breaths and know that we are all with you cheering you on.
Pam- I hope you sew today!
Shannon- Enjoy your time camping!
FS- I hate when things require an actual signature. I think an electronic signature should suffice. My DD has reread the series so many times I can't even count anymore, she watches the movies over and over again as well. There are spinoff's of the series too and there's the Fantastic Beast series she might like.
Lucie- How are you feeling? Any better or still the same symptoms?
Tricia- Enjoy your cooler weather!
Faye- Oh no, that's terrible that things are still happening.
Lisa- You have been super busy! Sometimes I miss the kids doing sports and then I don't. haha
Pamela- We call them rubber-neckers. I just ordered a Morani French Vanilla syrup that should be here by weeks end. If it's good then i'll order the Hazelnut too.

Enjoy your day!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! It's currently 93* so we obviously have not gotten the rain and cooler weather that some of you other ladies have. Might get some rain later but it doesn't look like it's going to cool down below the upper 80's for a week to 10 days. Summer in NY can be almost anything - hot, cold, lots of rain....

My sleeping is way out of whack - I fall asleep about 3 am and today I slept till around 10:30; well it was 7 hours no matter how you look at it.

Started work on one of my scrapbooks today - the pictures of the different states we've been to - and I will continue that today. I also have to clean out my dad's desk so it can be brought over to the restorer. If I accomplish that today I will be doing well.

Jess - it must be very scary/exciting to be starting work. We are all here for you and know you will do well.
Lisa - life sounds like it's almost back to normal with M's dancing and all.
Lana - have a nice visit with Aunt Im
Pamela - we call them rubber neckers. "gapers" is interesting. Another term seems to be "accident gawking"
Pam - glad you got to spend time with Brysen
Amelia - I am not the happiest driver either. I never go on highways and do feel somewhat limited by my anxiety. But, I've learned that you can get almost anywhere using back roads
FS - would you be able to get some recorded French language courses so you could get the accents right? Many times libraries offer them on loan.
Faye - good to be thinking of Halloween
Shannon - hopefully we will be camping in about 2 weeks - really looking forward to it!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Started work on one of my scrapbooks today - the pictures of the different states we've been to
I saw a great idea for an overview page if you have multiple states. Take 3x4 photos, mount them on a page, and then adhere a piece of vellum on top of each photo with the state abbreviation NY VT NH, etc. stamped or printed in large letters in the center. Looks really sharp. I suppose you could use any size photo, it would just limit how many you could fit on a page. I'll post the photo when I get home.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I saw a great idea for an overview page if you have multiple states. Take 3x4 photos, mount them on a page, and then adhere a piece of vellum on top of each photo with the state abbreviation NY VT NH, etc. stamped or printed in large letters in the center. Looks really sharp. I suppose you could use any size photo, it would just limit how many you could fit on a page. I'll post the photo when I get home.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Hello. I was up early to take dgd to gymnastics. Dsil texted me that he was on his way home from work and would take her, so I went back to bed. Didn't really sleep again, so I got up.

I planned to stop at the grocery store on the way home from gymnastics, but that didn't happen. Dh's nurse came (she finally showed up an hour late), so I couldn't leave. I have to go shopping - don't really have a choice - but perhaps I can put it off until tomorrow morning. It's so darn hot I don't want to go outside.

Yesterday was laundry day - I have one last load going now. New fabric for piggie mats and face masks. At some point I need to drag out my sewing machine and be productive.

Have a nice day.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers, I made it to Amish country and back safely! Between road construction, Amish on bicycles, horse and buggy’s and several teams of horses hitched to plows I was a little anxious at time but I did it! So glad I’m home!

Jess, so exciting for you, I’m sure everything will go well. I’m a detail person too so not knowing everything makes me nuts.

Shannon enjoy camping , hope you have nice weather and no bugs.

Pamela, they are rubber neckers here too.

Lisa, you have been busy.

Faye, you mentioned Halloween, I didn’t see any fall/ Halloween fabric today. I think they skipped over it and moved on to Christmas.

Enjoy your evening everyone.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers, I made it to Amish country and back safely! Between road construction, Amish on bicycles, horse and buggy’s and several teams of horses hitched to plows I was a little anxious at time but I did it! So glad I’m home!
I love to read books about the Amish. I can't imagine actually visiting Amish country. I'm sure its a lot of fun.