Tuesday Morning Too Soon--July 28th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good afternoon!

M and I did our 2 mile walk with Leslie. I'm working on some laundry....washing old pillows since we picked up new ones at Sam's on Sunday.... and some workout gear. Then we baked some more Snickerdoodle Zucchini Bread. The family just loved it, so while I have zucchini I will make it. I still have 3 zucchini setting on the counter. Maybe I'll do something with it tomorrow. Then I put the laundry away from the weekend, too. Lots of puttering around and talking with the kids.

Hunter received a package from John Deere today for National Intern Day. It had Johnny Pop Popcorn, a John Deere ball cap and a celebration popper inside. It was really a nice gift. Did I tell you all that his supervisor is recommending him for a job upon graduation? I'm so excited for him. It's hard to believe that he graduates in the spring.

We keep receiving information from school regarding leaves due to Covid and such. It's all so much to take in some days. The impression I got was that unless you have an ADA disability, you will be expected to be at work, even if you are high risk. You are also only allowed only one 10 day leave using the Care act funds. Should be an interesting school year....I'm all for going into the classroom, but they really need to provide a safe and supportive environment for students and staff.

Faye...speaking of Halloween, Dollar Tree had a boat load of Halloween and Fall items! I bought some cute pumpkins.

Jessica...where are you working? I missed that!

MM...we have Amish in our county, too. I often see them at Walmart and Aldi.

Shannon...stay cool! We miss camping so much! J is on a buy a camper kick recently.

Debbie...summer in PA isn't much different than NY. You never know what you're going to get....and sometimes you can have 4 season in 24 hours. lol I don't know how normal life is....can't be in the studio during dance, so no hanging with my dance moms. Soccer season will be hard because they are not allowing spectators at the games.

Pamela...that a new term to me. We call them nibby noses or gawkers.

Hi Lucie, Tricia, Lana, FS, Pam and anyone I missed.

Better get moving along....we have to eat dinner early because of soccer.

~peace~

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
DD and I ran to Target. I couldn't find any sandals in my size, apparently 7 is pretty popular. I did find some Tom like shoes that were super comfortable so I bought those to wear to school, they should work with dresses or pants (I hope). We found Suave sanitizer so bought one for DD and one for me. I wasn't sure if there was a limit or else I would have gotten another one. I'll probably be back. I got all the cards I need for birthdays and my brother's upcoming marriage. We browsed the $ spot and picked up a hamper for DD and a cute corded basket for my bathroom. I'll leave in a bit to go meet DH for lunch since it's the only day this week I can now.

Faye- That's nuts! We have been pretty well stocked here with toilet paper and paper towels surprisingly. I hope you find some soon.
Lisa- That's fantastic for H! So happy for him! I got a placement at an elementary school up by where we used to live in the 5th grade. Teachers start tomorrow (just got the placement yesterday) and I haven't met my host teacher yet so I guess i'll meet her tomorrow. I don't even have her contact info. :( I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all really with no information. If you have any tips you wouldn't mind sharing about student teaching from the host teachers perspective please feel free to PM me!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
MM, I would to have went to Amish country with you. What town did you to?

Lisa, yeah for Hunter.

Jess, congrats on your placement.

Lisa, good for Hunter. Sound busy times for you.

I read everybody but...can't remember.

Visit was nice with Aunt Im. Will go at 5:30 every Tuesday in August. You stand out on a cover porch now and she is inside the glass door with a broomstick to make an opening and everybody has mask on. We are about 3 to 4 feet from door.

The guys are tilling and I am going to go put dishes away, wash a few and see if Teigans room needs to be picked up any.

Shower and turn in early!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning to you all,
You all seem so very busy today as always. I am always amazed at how much energy you all have.
I am still in my nighty catching up on all the things that need to be attended to. I have washing in the machine and I will hang that out soon. Need to write a grocery list for tomorrow and do a DrillDance plan for tonight. Dinner will be a bbq chicken that I bought last night, I have some veggies here that need using so I will make a curried chicken dish and have rice with it.
It is a sunny day and it looks like the wind has died down somewhat so that is good.

Speak soon,
XOXO

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Started work on one of my scrapbooks today - the pictures of the different states we've been to - and I will continue that today.
Here's the idea for the different states. I left the other side of the layout because I thought that was kind of cute with the journaling and the geo tags. The vellum is connected with brads, not adhered as I first thought.
PL States Travel Idea (2).PNG

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Pamela - thank you - I went to her site and she seems to have a lot of travel stuff there.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Evening!

I had lunch with DH at Outback. Normally we've had really crappy service at this location but they have a new manager now (about the time we moved down here I guess-DH asked him) and the service was fantastic and the manager was too. As I was walking out to meet DH at the car he thanked me profusely for coming in and gave me a coupon for a free dessert next time we come in. DH had told him that the last time we were in the service was crap, and before that, and we were very impressed with him and the turn around. He worked the entire time we were there, helping to serve tables and such. We'll go back for sure.

I had a refill prescription to pick up but had to wait about 15 minutes before they opened back up from lunch, so grabbed a coffee. I came home and started reading through more DT stuff. I got an email from the placement coordinator about tomorrow, I have to be there at 0900 now to meet my host teacher and do orientation I guess. Not entirely sure honestly, she's a little confusing. I am hoping to get a schedule for the rest of the week tomorrow. If the start of school gets delayed by two weeks they will hold workshops and such so we'll still be going in. I'm not sure when my actual DT time starts so that's a question to ask. Does it start now since i'm going in or when the students start school?

DD got a message and I got an automated call that the schedules should be in Infinite Campus, however hers still isn't there, so maybe later tonight. I hope they got everything right and we won't have to fix anything.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hello, everyone.

I'm hoping that since we have DN#2 moved back that things will slow down, that I'll be able to finish getting our things out of the old house, and I can finish unpacking boxes. Today, we unloaded the 26 foot U-haul, her car and my car. The guy came and installed the new vent hood today, too. Amid all of that, I had to stop and go to the office to meet an OT so I could install software onto her new tablet to use in therapy. It's been a busy day. I did four loads of laundry and made homemade sourdough bread.

It's supposed to be cooler here this week, too. Most days, it will be below 90 or right at 90. I'll take that for a Louisiana summer at the end of July.

Jess, I bet you won't sleep a wink tonight because you'll be so excited about tomorrow. You'll do fine. I'm a detail person, too, and don't like new situations very well. I think everyone is so uncertain about how things will go this year, that your supervisor teacher may not have many answers. It will be okay...just roll with the flow!

I don't know if I said....have been reading...and would start to post, but get too busy....anyway....my oldest Dsis had an abnormal mammogram. She has to have an ultrasound. At first, she was like...I'm just not going to do anything about it. Now, she's decided to go have it done. She's trying to get an appointment here. She's moving here from Odessa, TX and will need to get her medical records transferred.

I saw the doctor Thursday and have been fully released, but would like to do some more PT to finish regaining my strength.

I'm off to bed. I hope you all rest well.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Semi busy day today. I got up at 8 and went for a walk. I then sat and worked on a Christmas gift for dgd. In the middle of that time I went to Dollar tree to see if they had an item I saw on a youtube Dollar Tree haul. They did and it will work great for a Christmas gift I am making for dgd(7).
I made supper and watch a TV program with DH and then another without him. He's watching a show he like in the bedroom and I am waiting for it to finish. I have a book I need to read on my Hoopla account so will do that while he is watching tv.

Reactions: PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Busy here today. Finished all my chores and have dinner in the multi cooker. Have done a little bit of craft while catching up with a tv show. Shopping list done for tomorrow, hopefully will stay under budget.
Just got a text from the car dealership to say that my old car needs a service. I already informed them that I no longer have that car, hopefully they take the details off their system.

I suppose by now most of you have settled in for a good night's sleep.
Speak later.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
MM, I would to have went to Amish country with you. What town did you to?

Lisa, yeah for Hunter.

Jess, congrats on your placement.

Lisa, good for Hunter. Sound busy times for you.

I read everybody but...can't remember.

Visit was nice with Aunt Im. Will go at 5:30 every Tuesday in August. You stand out on a cover porch now and she is inside the glass door with a broomstick to make an opening and everybody has mask on. We are about 3 to 4 feet from door.

The guys are tilling and I am going to go put dishes away, wash a few and see if Teigans room needs to be picked up any.

Shower and turn in early!
You are more than welcome to come anytime! I went to the Berlin, Ohio area which includes Sugarcreek, Millersburg, and Charm area. They are about 1 hour 20 minutes from me depending on road construction.

So glad you had a nice visit with your aunt. This Virus has not done our elderly population any favors. Relationships and contact are so important to them. I’m happy that things are opening up and your family is getting to visit.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul