Turkey Day 9 2013

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The countdown begins for all

Canada is getting down to days and those with a Nov Thanksgiving are down to weeks.

Canada: 19 days

Nov: 9 weeks

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
We had baked sweet potatoes that I add cinnamon to for dinner so they were kind of Thanksgiving-like for Turkey Day today.

I've already started buying items on my list for dinner. Linens are all ready and I will get my dishes out the end of October.

I have no idea who will be eating dinner with us yet, but I will be prepared.

My October is packed so it will go fast!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Those cookies are adorable!!

Thanksgiving isn't too far away for us here in Canada. DD and I are planning a Harry Potter movie marathon for the long weekend - yay!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Last edited:

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I saved that pumpkin bread with cinnamon glaze recipe. Am going to try it. Looks amazing. TFS

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
don't know any of those music but the names of the song - sounds like lots of fun!!! I'll write this list down and try to listen to it.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Ahorsesoul, I love those pumpkin pie slice cookies! I usually do not bake cookies beyond ginger snap for Thanksgiving, but am so excited to serve those this year! Thanks!

We purchased an extra straw bale this year (I use in the garden) to decorate the side porch. My husband loves the porches and also picked up a bundle of corn stalks. Looks lovely out the kitchen window with the mums I planted a couple weeks ago.

Turkey was on sale, so we brought home 4! Gf loaves of genius bread half price, so picked up as many as they had. I removed all the end pieces into their own bag - I use the end pieces for stuffing (or breadcrumbs throughout the year).

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I guess I'll have to buy gf bread for stuffing this year. I use to save the ends too but now have started eating them as toast so nothing saved.