"'Twas The Night Before Christmas" in our own voices!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Kelly Ann over at MMC started a thread about favorite accents. As each of us responded, an idea popped into my head about a collective reading of “A Visit from Saint Nicholas” aka “’Twas The Night Before Christmas.” The idea has been met with enthusiasm! I even received my first submission the next day!

I am asking each one here at MHH who would like, to contribute as well. I want to edit as many participants together as possible to present the finished poem on Merry Christmas Radio (MCR). Since Merry Christmas Radio represents all the forums (five) and sites of the Merry Network, everyone should have an equal shot!

So, if there is enough interest, we’ll get started! People wanting to contribute will record themselves reading the entire poem and then e-mail the file to me. I will select portions from each submission and edit together the final work to be aired on MCR. Hopefully we can complete the project to hear it by this Christmas.

To get more if an idea, check this thread at MMC - http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=11468

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
What a wonderful idea... I have always disliked the sound of my own voice :haha: but love to hear others read !

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
HouseElf said:
What a wonderful idea... I have always disliked the sound of my own voice :haha: but love to hear others read !

I feel the same way about my voice but what a great idea.

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
I sound like I am twelve, but I am...well, lets just say I passed that age a whlie back :santalol: . Sounds like a really fun idea though...I look forward to the end result. My Dh thinks I'm a nut coming on this site (in a sweet, roll your eyes kind of way), so I think asking him would be out of the question. Years ago he was a radio announcer so he DOES have the voice for it.

Bren :bigsnow:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Where should we send it to? I tried to follow the link, but my computer crashes every time. Probably too many graphics for it to handle or something.