UFO Challenge

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
OK, I'm in! I bought a winter themed cross stich project last winter and I never even started it! This will give me the motivation to get it going and finished! I have PIGS too lurking in the back of my closet.

Too bad we can't all meet together once a week and have a craft night!

Annie :D

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've been thinking of trying to start a group at church called "The Laptops" where everyone would bring a lap-type project to work on. Some fun Christian fellowship, and some of us, I'm sure would be working on charity projects. We could share our skills and learn from each other.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
A suggestion for getting a craft group together..... advertise through your kids/grandkids/neice/nephew's school, church bulliten, local "billboard" at your grocery store.....

That's how we started with DS9 school, "Mother's Craft Night Out"
"Mother's Scrapbook Night", "Mother's Craft Luncheon", "mother's night out"

HAGD
Tina

txgal

Retire Member
Nov 11, 2007
Texas
I'm in! I have several projects I have started, but never completed. I'll start gathering them into one place and making my list. I can't wait to get started.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
We used to meet either at school or our "sister" school. Now we have our own, larger school that just opened this year so we are meeting there. (either in the parent reference room or the gym).

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Maybe we all could have a "virtual" craft night. One night of the week that we commit to working on our UFOs or PIGS. Then we report back here what we got done.

It's a lovely thinking of working on my project and thinking about all the rest of our community in their living rooms working on their projects at the same time.

Any thoughts?

Annie

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Ooo! What time would it start. I'm Pacific Time, are you going to stay up and wait for me? No need, really. I can start early!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Annie I love the idea of that. None of my friends craft at all. My mom trys but I always end up finishing her stuff for her. Except for the few times I have had her finishing things for me. My dd12 loves to craft but I talk to her all of the time.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
Hi all!! I just wanted to let all of you know that I will be posting the rules, start & finish dates either January 1 or 2.

See you there & have a Great Holiday Season!!!!!!

Tina

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
It feels almost sacriligious! I'm getting anxious for Christmas to be OVER so I can start the new challenges! :thud:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
DJ-

HA HA! I feel the same way!! I am not starting my cross stich until this gets going. Even though I have been feeling like working on it!!

I guess we'll have enough time- all of our UFO's have been waiting this long, right!

Annie