V-Day: To Early To Decorate For?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

justkids

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Now that I am pulling down all the Christmas decorations, I began to put up my V-Day decorations. I put up my hearts inflatable in the front yard yesterday. I plan to have all the windows and such done by Sat. Do you think this is to early? When do you decorate for V-Day? I would also love to hear how you decorate for V-Day.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I usually wait until the middle January...but even then I don't do much.

I take the jingle bells off the year round tree and put up hearts and vday ornaments
I use a red tablecloth, but I do that a lot of the time, anyway.

I sometimes put red and white lights on the front porch..sometimes i don't!

This year I'll probably switch the tree from jingle bells to vday early-I have Bunco here on the 10th, so I may go ahead and switch. Or not. LOL! "heartstrings:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I usually decorate for Valentine's Day at the end of January. I put red lighted hearts in the windows in the front of the house, a Valentine's Day flag and related wreathes on the doors.

"heartstrings:

:heartsNY:

Shawni

MHH Member
Dec 31, 2007
I think I'm just going to repurpose some of my Christmas stuff as VDay decorations. I've never decorated for VDay before, so I don't have anything specific. Maybe I will just keep out some of the red and gold stuff I bought.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I think I'll put up a Valentines tree this year and make sure I get a sitter(gift to me!) I got a pretty red comforter to use at Christmas and I may just put away and get it back out feb.1st.
If it's still below freezing outside I may do some pink ice sculptures with food coloring-that depends on the weather. Found this site with some simple ideas-

http://www.mydearvalentine.com/valentin ... corations/
"heartstrings: "heartstrings: "heartstrings: "heartstrings: "heartstrings:

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
thanks for the idea of leaving out the red bows - i have them up around the house - some are plain, others have santa/reindeer/etc.
I'll rearrange the plain red bows (taken off the Christmas tree) and use for Valentine decorating
thanks

justkids

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
jackfrosty said:
it's still below freezing outside I may do some pink ice sculptures with food coloring-that depends on the weather. Found this site with some simple ideas-

Oh sounds neat. Tell me more. Please :jumpinghearts:

So, I guess I am a little early? lol But its getting to cold to put stakes in the ground so I HAD to put up the inflatable hearts ;-)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We don't normally decorate for Valentine's day but I might this year just to add a little joy into the month and the kids will like it. I'll probably just find some decorations at the Dollar Store or something.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I don't normally decorate for Valentine's day until Feb 1st (end of Jan at the earliest). Don't do a whole lot - special wreath for front door, a Valentine bowl for treats (love conversation hearts!), and three Valentine plates for the wrought iron plate holder in kitchen. I think that is really it...

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
I need to get a Valentine's inflatable(and St. patty's and Easter for that fact!) :jumpinghearts: :irishkiss: :bunny:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
oooh! A wreath would be nice! TFS!
You can get heart shaped cake pans and freeze colored water in them and then assemble them however you like outside! It would be really pretty if you filled some of those urns with snow and mini-lights and then 'perched' the ice hearts on top. You could also make a snow couple with the kids and let them hold the ice hearts! Then hope you don't get a thaw!!!LOL! :love2:

Belles

Retire Member
"heartstrings: If you have a holiday tree, it's never too early. I have
a small tree that I leave up year round in my kitchen and deorate it, for
each holiday. It's all decked out for V-day now, then St. Patricks, ect.
My family loves it 4th of July; and on their birthdays it is decorated with
items that best represent them and birthday decorations.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Was anyone else shocked to walk into the stores in search of Christmas decor deals and finding Valentine's items had taken up the shelf space? I was still humming Christmas carols! If it shocked you as much as me, I'd say it's too early. If not, then go for it!

I don't decorate for Valentine's Day until February, and leave it up all month. But I have a son with an early Feb. birthday, and that influences my decision -- what guy wants to celebrate amid pink hearts and lace? ::candyheart: My decorations are subtle -- a heart patterned table runner, fresh pink carnations in a vase, a few hearts on picks in my silk planters. It's mostly the change from the darker winter colors to the pastels of spring time.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I haven't done Valentine decorations for years, but you all are inspiring me to do it again! I'll have to dig out the little pink and dark red silk moire hearts that I made years ago, and gather some small tree or shrub branches. On my dining table, covered with a burgundy red tablecloth, I put the branches into Oasis in a silver Revere bowl, so that they look like a bush, then decorate with the hearts hung by tiny satin ribbons. I cover the Oasis with moss. OK, I'm ready to pack up the Christmas ornaments now! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
The light-up Valentine's Heart goes up Feb 1. (I'm liking the idea of putting away the red bedspread in Jan then bringing it back for February!)