Valentine goodie bags

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I did this for my Sunday school girls (6th and 7th grade) at Christmas, but it would work well for Valentine's Day, as well. And, with all the sales, you might be able to do it even cheaper at Vday than Christmas!

I used a small snowman shaped goodie bag-dollar tree special-$1 for the entire amount I needed. I put a handful of Hershey's kisses in in, a candy cane, a packet of hot chocolate mix and an inexpensive pair of gloves, tied it all up with curling ribbon and added a small hanging tag that said "Snow Day Supplies". You could, of course, call it anything you'd like. I bought the gloves at Wal-mart 2 pair for $1.47-the whole little bag was less than a dollar each! Hope this helps someone! I've been on the lookout for WM to put their gloves on sale to snap them up for next year...or Vday!!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
For Valentines Day, instead of gloves, pencils for love notes might be a good option. There are lots of heart shaped erasers, pencils with hearts or red/pink and heart shaped notepads in the dollar stores and Walmart for not much. ::candyheart:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Love it, might have todo that for dd8's girl scout troop this year. In Feb we still have a ton of snow.

When I used to teach dance in NY I also bought gloves for my students as holiday gifts. Some kids would show up in heavy coats but didn't have or just didn't wear any gloves. I at least knew that I tried to keep their poor hands warm!!!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
This is a great idea, Cathymac! I know at our house, gloves disappear as if by magic. And cocoa and candy kisses are ALWAYS welcome! I'll keep this idea in my file.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Another great idea to add to my file. Thanks for sharing it!