Valentine's Day Decor

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

wijulie

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
SE Wisconsin
When my ds was little, I would put this decoration on the kitchen table: put red glass marbles in the bottom of a sturdy glass vase, put a few small tree branches in and cut out paper hearts on which the family members write names of people they love and why they love them. Then just hang the hearts on the tree. Loved that...it was meaningful and so pretty!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
When my ds was little, I would put this decoration on the kitchen table: put red glass marbles in the bottom of a sturdy glass vase, put a few small tree branches in and cut out paper hearts on which the family members write names of people they love and why they love them. Then just hang the hearts on the tree. Loved that...it was meaningful and so pretty!

Love that idea!

wijulie

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Thanks, Lisa!

ChristmasRose ---I remember those Hallmark cards! I loved them, and think I still have one somewhere. A possible alternative might be vintage Valentine postcards. I got some a while back from a local antique store. You can find some reasonably priced, but prices can go WAY up depending on condition and how appealing the graphics are. I'd love to take the ones I bought and somehow turn them into wrapping paper. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about doing something like that?

Julie