Volunteering for the holidays

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbread Elf

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
I just wanted to spout out... I did it... I did it..

I just signed my family up to deliver meals on wheels to home bound seniors for Thanksgiving and Christmas.. I've always wanted to do something like this and the opportunity arose in the evening paper...

This will be my giving back at Christmas time... Money may be tight this year but I can give of my time... I'm excited about it...

Now all I have to do is come up with different RAKS for this season...

What is everyone else doing for RAKS or community services this year?
any ideas?

I'm just getting so excited about Christmas.... yee haw....

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
:applause: :grin: How nice!!! Your family will know the real definition of Christmas!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
What a great way to experience the real magic of the holidays! :applause:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Gingerbread Elf --- what a great idea! You not only bless your family, and the people you deliver to --- you also bless the regular drivers of the meals-on-wheels. This way, they can go to visit their family on those days.

Well, this gives me plenty of time to think about what to do too.

Gingerbread Elf

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Thanks everyone!

Its a win-win situation.... It give us a chance to give back. Helps the seniors. Helps my daughter show a little community spirit and it gives my 12 year old niece some "community service".

My 12 year old neice got herself in some hot water... she and 4 so called "friends" stole her
mother's atm card and drained her bank account. Luckily, this happened on Saturday, and we
caught it early Monday morning. Boy is she in major trouble... and I'm making her do 200 hours of community service on top of the restitution and grounding, etc... It will be quite a while before she will be able to have any free time to herself to get into more trouble....
so this is good for her as well.

Everything happens for a reason... there's are no co-incidences!

Now... let's see what else I can find to show the true spirit of Christmas.... don't you just love this?!