Walt Disney World At Easter time

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
Has anyone ever been at Disney when its Easter time? We have a trip planned and leave from there the day before Easter. Just wondering if we will see decorations there or an Easter parade or anything like that.

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
I havn't been there at Easter time, but I do know that week is busy! If you don't mind crowds it should be nice.

Where are you staying? It's my favorite place to go, we try for every other year atleast. We will be there the first week in February. I love to go then because it helps with my after Christmas blues to throw myself into plans for the trip.

If you have kids, a good thing to do is maybe put Disney dollars in there stockings, or have family members get them some. Helps them get excited for it, plus help you out with all the things they will ask for. Also the pin trading is big. Maybe get them starter pin sets for Christmas then they will have them when they get there.

I hope you have a wonderful trip, enjoy the planning part. It's my favorite!

Kelly :bigsnow:

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
Kelly- Yeah, we are going at a bad time, but with the kids school schedule that is when it is going to work out. Just gotta take crowds with a grain of salt. We are staying on the property so at least we will get to utilize the one hour earlier and later thing they do for people staying on the property.

We aren't telling them until Christmas - Its the last gift that is going to be opened. I am going to get those personalized shirts they sell on the Disney website for all of us. I am thrilled that my parents are going. So there are six of us.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We are thinking a spring break trip (March) for the boys. We are thinking maybe the Disney Land and Cruise option? I think March is a good time for the Caribbean (storms)? Our trip is not till 2010 though - next time I can drag DH away from work :slap: .

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
We have been to WDW many times at Easter. It will be crowded, but just take your time and you will be fine. Our family vacations at WDW an average of 5x's a year (usually all of the major holidays), so if I can be of any help to you with your planning, just let me know.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
Carol1231- yes definately! I could use all the help and advice you could toss my way. That would be great - do you mind if I pm you? I have only ever been there in the "off season" So this will be different. I did start looking at the WDW books, but the ones I looked at are for this year, not '09. So I have to wait probably until January for that.

Will it be hot at that time?

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Yes, you can pm me. I'm always happy to talk about Disney. I have a lot of info to share.

I think the weather in March/April is great. It will be warm but not overly humid yet, the kids and I were just down there a week ago, and that is what I would call hot.

We will actually be there that week on Wed and Thurs.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
We were with brother in law and sister in law last night. They were here to visit as they live in Seattle. We went on a cruise at Christmas time with the family and it was perfect! It couldn't have been better! The four kids didn't argue, fight nothing. So we have decided to go again. And we decided last night that we will try the Disney cruise this time. We plan to go in February 2010. I am so excited! Disney once a year for two years- I am so excited.

I have heard that the Disney cruise really makes Carnival seem tiny in comparison. We went on Carnival in December and thought it was perfect! So I can't imagine going on the Disney one.

For those who have thought about going on a Carnival trip- DO IT! The food was amazing and the kids loved the cruise so did the adults.

I highly recommend doing this if your family has talked about doing a trip together, we had time together and time apart so many activities for everyone

I have a friend that her grandma took everyone on a cruise (carnival) - there were fifteen of them, and they all loved it. Her grandma is talking about doing it again.

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Noelsmommy said:
Also the pin trading is big. Maybe get them starter pin sets for Christmas then they will have them when they get there.
Kelly :bigsnow:

I love the pin trading, my dd who is now 19 and i both have a couple of lanyards loaded with the pins. It's so fun, i also love the pin trading store in downtown Disney.