Wanted: Snacks for gaming night

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
My DH and I received an invitation for a gaming night (respectively evening). As I would like to bring some snacks I am now looking for several ideas.

I would like to bring something which is not so difficult to prepare (also storable for a while as I prepare it in advance) and looks good.

Any ideas?

Chilli

"heartstrings:

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
If you like something sweet...
Brownies made in mini muffin tins are great and require no cutting which is a bonus! Add red M&Ms for Valentines Day or Green for St.Pat's, etc. Banana bread is a great option too; add chocolate chips or coconut to make it a little different.

If you like something more savory...
A cheeseball is easy and can be frozen/refrigerated ahead of time; serve with crackers. Snack mix made with Cheerios, cheeses trio goldfish, Crispix/other square cereal and pretzel rods is a popular one in our house; we bake it with a mix of melted margarine/butter, garlic salt, celery salt, seasoning salt and onion powder. Crunchy and tasty. A layered dip (cream cheese, salsa/chopped tomato, green onion, shredded cheese) with multigrain tortilla chips is popular with my DH's extended family.

Use interesting plates or bowls to make it look more interesting as far as presentation. :love:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I agree that Brownies are the way to go! I usually frost mine and add themed sprinkles....hearts for v-day, pumpkins at Halloween/Fall, etc.

I think vegetable pizza is a great thing to take...it's colorful,it stores well and can be cut and arranged on a nice platter for presentation. It's always a hit with family and friends.

Lisa

Chili Cheese Dip

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes Ready In: 10 Minutes
Yields: 15 servings

"This quick, easy chili cheese dip is a little different from most, and is sure to be a favorite!"
INGREDIENTS:
2 (8 ounce) packages cream
cheese, softened
1 (15 ounce) can chili without
beans ( I use the chili with the beans)
16 ounces shredded Cheddar
cheese
1 (13.5 ounce) package nacho-
flavor tortilla chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Spread cream cheese on the bottom of a microwave-safe dish. Spread a layer of chili over the cream cheese. Finish with a layer of shredded cheddar cheese. Microwave for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve with spicy nacho tortilla chips. (I put this into the crockpot and put chips around or beside it....guys love this dip...especially with beer)

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Sounds like fun! I'd probably make some snack mix using cereal, marshmallows, m&m's, white almond bark and a littl peanut butter. Melt the almond bark, then stir in 1/4 c. peanut butter til smooth. Pour in cereal and other ingredients (nuts and dried cranberries are also good in this). Then stir it until everything is well coated--dump onto tin foil and let dry. This last for a few weeks in an airtight container and is gone fast with lost of recipe requests. My family loves fruit salsa with homemade cinnamon tortilla chips too. So delicious and simple! (It's fun being the favorite cousin/neice because I cook!) Caramel corn is also a great treat that people can eat while mingling and game playing! Whatever you make--have fun!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Terrylee5151, that is one of my DS 14's favorite dip recipes!! We just put cream cheese and chile (with or without beans) into the crock pot and stir when melted. It's so good and so simple!

Quick breads, like banana nut or zuchinni, are always good. I cut my slices in half, so the slices are small and snack sized. I also second the home made caramel corn that creativemom suggested. Yum!