Waving good- bye to March 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The end of this week sees us wrapping up March and saying hello to April. I am a bit surprised at how quickly the first 3 months of the year has passed. In order to achieve all that I would like to do this year it is important to keep mindful of the goals set and put aside the time to get things done, otherwise the year will be gone and no progress will be made.
So as we move into the 4th month of 2023 I look forward to another productive week.

Daily:
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise, brush teeth, lip balm, hand cream
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time

Weekly:
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing ( )
*vacuum floors (X)
*clean bathrooms (X)( )
*meal planning ( )
*general tidy up ( )
*clean fridge/freezers ( )
*tidy pantry/stockpile ( )
*make work lunches (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) ( ) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )

Quarterly/Seasonal Goals:
March, April and May-Autumn

*Baking day, try a new recipe and an old favourite. (X)
*Organise DH 60th, Easter and Mum's 80th (X) (X) ( )
*Tidy photo trunk ( )
*Start and complete Winter HGP ( ) started
*Prepare for Nationals in April ( )
*Target savings in bank ( ) Set a new goal to hit buy the end of May.
*Review word of the year ( )
*Visit DH's Uncle ( )
*Day trip to Cooma (X)
*Day trip to Yass ( )
*3 day trip to Shepparton ( ) scheduled for May
*At least one no spend week per month ( )( )( )
*Start thinking ahead for Winter, meals ( )plans ( )celebrations ( )

Extras:
Fun/Christmas prep:

*tidy gift closet (X)
*update planner (X)
*do something that is just for me (X) Found a new show to watch
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X)
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine ( ) Goal for the year is to read 10. I have read 6
*continue looking for stocking fillers, gifts and supplies (X) My challenge for 2023 is to do great stockings, useful and interesting items.

This week:

*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Double check Easter plans (X)
*DrillDance State Titles Sunday (X)
*Baking day Wednesday (X)
*Shopping trip Thursday (X)
*Work on CIJ plans (X)
*Plumber Friday (X)
*Winter HGP- Entry (X) and study(X)

5 small chores:
*Take cans to recycling ( )
*Close air con vents (X)
*Test heating ( )
*Decorate for Easter (X)
*Post Easter cards (X) have written, just need to post (X).

Word of the Year 2023: Progress

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I, too, am suprised at how quickly these last three months are going. I'm going to spend this week reflecting on the last three months. I made some changes during this time which have been beneficial and some need readjusting.
  • Daily:
    • Exercise
    • Prayer
    • Calendar Review of Appointments/Meetings
    • Reading
  • Weekly:
    • Dust/Vacuum/Mop
    • Bills
    • Laundry
    • Menu Planning
    • Groceries
    • Weekly Reflection
    • Weed Garden
  • Monthly:
    • Living Room/Dining Room/Hall/Front Porch
  • Extra:
    • Set up office: rearrange furniture, declutter space.
    • Quarterly Reflection

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I made some changes during this time which have been beneficial and some need readjusting.
Our lives are constantly changing and readjusting aren't they?
Hopefully for the most part they are beneficial changes

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am inspired, as always, with y'all's plans here.

I am doing pretty well with keeping up with my lists (in my planner) of devotional time, chores, exercise, de-cluttering, friend visits, etc.

Wow, March is about over! Time flies!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Wow, March is about over! Time flies!
Yes, the speed in which March passed surprised me. Gives me the push to keep moving forward though.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
What worked in the first quarter of 2023?
  • Taking a break from being online in order to get more time in for exercise has been helpful. I’ve missed online conversations but the health benefits are showing.
  • Having a morning routine helps with doing the exercise even when I don’t feel like it. Getting it done first thing in the morning is the best thing. No excuses.

What didn’t work in the first quarter of 2023?
  • I tried not having a list the first few weeks of January. That was beneficial to a degree. After dealing with burnout, I needed a break. However, after a while I felt like I was aimless and had no purpose and no idea of what to do in my “free time.” I felt very unproductive and blah
  • While I did add a simple, revamped list to my weekly routine in February and it was helpful in getting back into something familiar after taking time away for myself, I am in need of a detailed list.
  • Although I moved towards a more plant-based diet, my blood work doesn’t show it. I had two full weekends of big gatherings and eating out. I allowed myself to indulge those weekends. I am not going to do that again. I will have to pass on foods that don’t follow my plan.

2nd Quarter Goals:

Daily
  • Continue with walking/elliptical, weights, stretches and core work 5 days a week. Add in gardening and additional walking when time permits.
  • Continue with listening to spiritual podcasts 7 days a week.
  • Add in 5 minutes of daily reading time 5 days a week.
Weekly
  • Continue with weekly reflections.
  • Set weekly goals for research and writing.
  • Refine weekly recipes and menus.
Monthly
  • Start Monthly Reflections again
  • Start Monthly Christmas Prep again.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I really enjoy reading your review of the last 3 months. I really liked how you broke down last year into quarters so I am doing similar but seasonal so my review will be at the end of Autumn (end of May). I am finding it more manageable to do things this way so I thank you for the suggestion.
However, after a while I felt like I was aimless and had no purpose and no idea of what to do in my “free time.” I felt very unproductive and blah
This is how I feel if I don't have a list/goals for the week. It is fine if I don't achieve the goals that I set I just find that I need to have some purpose to every day so that I don't waste what has been given to me.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary, I really enjoy reading your review of the last 3 months. I really liked how you broke down last year into quarters so I am doing similar but seasonal so my review will be at the end of Autumn (end of May). I am finding it more manageable to do things this way so I thank you for the suggestion.
From an educators perspective, I'm use to first quarter beginning in September and not January. Seasonal sounds more realistic actually. I do live my life according to the seasons. I think I will adopt that division of time. Thank You!

This is how I feel if I don't have a list/goals for the week. It is fine if I don't achieve the goals that I set I just find that I need to have some purpose to every day so that I don't waste what has been given to me.
Yes! Exactly!

A routine and a list are there to guide the day if we aren't needed elsewhere.

I'm noticing that I have a lot of little things that need to get done because I didn't keep a detailed running list. I am now keeping paper in different rooms for those random thoughts until I get the routine of list making a habit again.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'm noticing that I have a lot of little things that need to get done because I didn't keep a detailed running list. I am now keeping paper in different rooms for those random thoughts until I get the routine of list making a habit again.
My 5 chores a week list is something like that. As I am working in the house I see something that needs attention and I write it down. I notice for example that the pegs that are near my washing line are getting a bit mucky so will write that on the to do list.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
March just came and went in my neck of the woods. With the respiratory cold at the first of the month that Lasted a few weeks and then this dizziness that started last week. Not much got done.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
March just came and went in my neck of the woods. With the respiratory cold at the first of the month that Lasted a few weeks and then this dizziness that started last week. Not much got done.
You have certainly been under the weather for a while now. Hoping that you are feeling better very soon.