Wednesday July 15 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Mornin!

Had a meeting last night but it was about 40 minutes so home by 6:30. Did some dishes and mail to get out.

Allen thought he had a meeting last night but it is next Tuesday night.

I will work today and hope to clean tonight some.

Chance of some storms tonight. Need rain but don't want storms.

Have a GREAT day!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning! Time to head to the bus, no doubt a busy day ahead of me. Haircut after work.

Have a great day everyone!

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Morning all MHHers

No LC today so it's just us. I'm worn out from all the laundry from yesterday.

We have beautiful sun this. morning after yesterdays day of rain. Unfortunately the deck table and chairs are not dry. It's 62F right now. My kind of temps. But it will get up to about 78F. Humidy is 100%! It is dripping off the fence in the back yard. Some places have dense fog.

Reactions: Snowbell Ann

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day everyone. We're under a Heat advisory today. Busy morning ahead., DH needs to go to bank & stores. Making me tired just thinking of it all. First we need to go outside a water plants before heat hit.

Stay hydrated if you're in this heat. Enjoy cooler air if you aren't.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
good morning to all. cleaned my living room real good. ordered a pair of capris from kohls. going to stay in most of the day very hot out. already middle of july this month is flying by. have a good day

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Hey, Everybody!

Hope your day has been off to a great start.

I need to work on my kitchen, and try to finish up in my living room. John made coffee for me this a.m. Before I left, he made a smoothie for us. I have had it before, and it was good. But today? Not so much! I brought it home, but I don't think I can finish it. Too much banana, and can't taste the strawberries or blueberries.

I had to pick up MJ's son from the garage. I was gonna go back to bed when I got home, because I was really tired. But I didn't. Unfortunately, it was a bad night of sleeping. I had two cups of coffee, and I doubt that that I even take a nap today.

Lying here in bed with just my feet under the covers is not getting anything accomplished. So I had best get with the program and do something! First, tho, I need to take my meds. The grass pollen is very high, and other pollens are getting up there. Need to take an allergy pill, because my nose is itching like crazy!

So, I hope you all have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed! Btw, Lucie, where do you find all of these lovely pictures?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

I slept very well last night. This morning i'm going to work on studying (watching the review videos) and then i'm going to meet DH for lunch. I might just put in the order and pick it up and take it to his office. It would be nice to go into the restaurant but after the last time we went in somewhere i'm not feeling it. He has a meeting that he's not sure when it will be done too. I also have to stop by Hallmark and pick up the ornament that I bought.

Not much else on the schedule for today. I would like to get through all the videos I have left today, I think there are 5. They are anywhere from 12-15 minutes each and I take notes. I need to decide when i'm going to take my pre-assessment and then when i'm going to schedule my objective assessment. DH is working afternoons this weekend so will be home and wanting to do things in the mornings this weekend and that's usually when I would schedule. I'll have to see what is available.

Lana- I hope you get some needed rain. We are needing some rain too I think. A good day of actual rain and not just on and off misting or small showers here and there. Our yard looks like a desert.
Pamela- Have a great day! Did the migraine stay away?
Diedra- I love to do laundry! I don't know why, but it's one chore that I don't mind.
Tricia- Stay as cool as you can! Do something that doesn't require much exertion like read or play cards.
Faye- This month is flying by and I don't like it. I feel like even though we were home all those months, this month finally brought summer and it's going by too quickly. Our schools start on Aug. 4th. Boo!
Pam- I'm not much on smoothies. I have a bunch of frozen fruit in the freezer for them from when my mom was here last year. Sorry you didn't sleep well.

Enjoy your day!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Good morning. Sorry to be yawning in your face, but I can't seem to quit. I slept well, just not long enough.

Dd's family left this morning for New Mexico. It will be a quick trip with long 12-hour driving days - they will be back Friday night. I was reminded to feed & water and change litter boxes for the bunnies, cats, and piggies...oh, and don't forget to water the garden! What??? I told the kids they had to stay home because that was too much. Way to go grandma, I made dgd cry...she is so tender-hearted. After I told them I was kidding and wrestled dgd for a hug and kiss on the cheek she was all smiles again.

I plan to clean out the top of the bedroom closet today and tomorrow. I was going through stuff a year ago and got sidetracked, just shoving boxes & totes on the shelf. Obviously I don't need the stuff since it has been there all year.

After fixing breakfast today I intend to not cook the rest of the day. Don't tell dd, but it's going to be takeout for lunch AND dinner.

Have a great day.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good afternoon!

Warmer day today. 86* and sunny with low humidity. I didn't sleep much better last night. Today has been the usual chores, walking with M to Leslie, and doing some tending of my plants. I had to dead head the geraniums on the front porch and clean up the mess the dog made of my giant hosta. Ugh.

Last night I watched my district's presentation of their re-opening plan. We are going to full in-person schooling as of today. If we move from the green to yellow phase, then it will be in person and online hybrid plan. I don't think they thought through a lot of the decisions that were made, but there was only 1 teacher on the team. I'm very anxious about the whole thing. M's school is also returning to in-person school. There are no good choices to be made for parents and teachers. I'm actually overwhelmed by it all. I don't even know where to start as far as planning for the new school year for my students. Still so many unknowns.

I'm trying a new recipe for grilled chicken skewers tonight. I'll serve it with couscous and some Naan bread and a cucumber salad. I'm looking forward to dinner.

Deb...I think take out for lunch and dinner sound perfect! How's dh?

Take care friends! Stay cool! Stay safe!
~blessings~

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We cancelled our traveling plans due to Covid-19. So I have some time to get some things done. I will work on Christmas list and kit up what I plan to make then make a list of what I need.
I need to clean house. Just have 3 rooms left. If I clean and straighten DH will do the floors which is fine by me.
I want to work on a couple of organizational notebooks too. I can listen to audiobooks while I do that. It actually keeps me focused.
Off to clean and then one of the two options above.
Faye, sounds like you jumpstart your HGP plan.
Lana we could use some rain up north too.
Diedra, that's a lot of laundry. Hope the job is done today. I know you have been without for a while.
Pamela, a haircut, a new spring in your step.
Tricia, just take it easy and don't worry things. Every to do list waits for you.
Pam, my son suffers allergies too. We we talk on the phone all I hear is sniffling.
Jess, So hope you can complete that class this week. I take it Samuel didn't get to visit his dad this summer.
GDeb, I have a sensitive granddaughter too. Enjoy your meals.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lisa, looks like we were post at the same time. I was wondering if you knew what your school was going to do. When will school start. One thing I keep hearing is get the kids in the classroom so the parents can go to work. Are there options to do schooling from home if a parent chooses?
I understand your stress, not only are you in a classroom all day with students that you have no idea where they have been and what safety precautions are taken at home but you are going home to your own family. We were so quick to get them out of school due to the virus but just as quick to put them back in after they have had the summer to run around. Precede as you normally would and hope for the best.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Hi again!

DH is off to work and i'm going to order our lunch now for pickup so it's ready when I am...I hope. I'm going to start watching videos to study and take notes. I put in a drive up order for Target that i'll pick up this afternoon. I got my shower in and will do my hair once it dries. I sat on the porch with my coffee for a bit this morning, not sure why I don't do that every morning. I need to make more time for that. It's relaxing and peaceful. I have realized that I need to take a FB break. So much ignorance on there and even though I scroll on by it still bothers me. I'm just going to start unfollowing people left and right so I don't have to see if on MY feed. But I am going to take a break and do my mind and soul some good. I'll stick to Instagram, none of that crap there.

Deb- I think that takeout is absolutely the way to go! Enjoy your quiet house while you can!
Lisa- I'm sorry. I don't think administrations are taking into account anything that the teachers and parents actually want/need or what is best for the students when it comes to going back to school. I think at this point it is going to be all about the funding since DeVos threatened to pull it for schools that don't go back to face to face instruction. I know that i'm not really comfortable with my kids being back in school full time and would keep them home if I could, but with me having to be in school too for student teaching (maybe, if they can place me), I won't be home to monitor distance learning full time and I think a lot of full time working parents are going to struggle with that as well. I don't know what the right answer is for anything. Luckily mine will be doing a mix of in school and at home at least so they will only be in school 2 days of the week, DD anyway still waiting to hear about Eli. I do know of some schools in other states that are doing distance learning the entire first semester. I think that is smart! There have been kids here that were positive in summer school and camp recently and that makes me worry for the start of school. I fear that we will all end up with the virus by the end of first quarter in our house. I think they will end up shutting down school at some point.
Jody- I'm sorry about your plans. DS didn't go to his dads this summer which was just as well. He didn't really want to go anyway.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hi, everyone.

I'm checking in from work...actually about to leave so I can so stay with DGS#2 while DDIL's family goes to see a lawyer about getting medical power of attorney for her dad. So sad. Remember them in your prayers if you will. Her dad is just not safe to be left alone anymore. He's still at himself enough to know what's going on, though, but not well enough to understand why he can no longer live at home at the same time and is protesting tooth and nail about going into a nursing home. He's very stubborn, argumentative, and combative at times.

We decided to, once again, turn off the landline at home. It would cost almost $80 per month for it. I called yesterday to get it turned off. Both it and our internet were turned off. I was on the phone over and hour last night and again this morning to try and get it corrected. Since both were turned off, a new account for internet had to be set up. It will be Friday before we have internet again (may be as late as 8:00). They had to run a credit check and everything, which I didn't like because in the last year, we've bought a house, a car, and several other things have gone on for which our credit was checked. Each check lowers one's credit score. :rolleyes:

I was also on the phone over an hour last night with the utility company. They've changed the billing system and wanted the last four of the social security or driver's license of the name associated with the account. At the old house, it's still in DH's dad's name who has been deceased for almost 30 years. No on in his family had the utilities changed over after he passed away, and neither did I since it wasn't officially my property. What a mess trying to just get to pay the electricity bill!

On a positive note, Dniece#2 is getting closer to moving home. DH and I may be making a trip to San Antonio within a couple of weeks to help her move back to Louisiana. I'm hoping the quarantine doesn't interfere with our being able to get her moved.

I better run. I need to get home to keep DGS#2.

TTYL...

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! Cloudy and a little cooler today but going to get hot again.

Slept well for a change - only 1 hour to nod off. But still tired today. Will definitely lie down after I finish this;)

DH and I went to return stuff to Container Store, then I went to Walmarts and we ended up in Barnes and Noble (boy I have missed that store) and had a pastrami sandwich lunch at Ben's, a kosher deli.

Before we left I had started on cleaning the kitchen a bit. I will get back to that and get it done later. Since we had a late lunch don't know what will happen for dinner.

I was actually supposed to go to the mall with a friend today but she cancelled at the last minute because she was not feeling well and wanted to be sure that everything is OK.

Pam - never been much for smoothies either but it was kind of John
Jody - you made the wise decision about the trips but I can understand wanting to get out - I do too
Deb - so it's just going to be you, DH and the piggies?
Katrina - how is cw doing? and is Drill Dance training coming along?
Tricia and Faye- the heat really makes one want to take it easy - which is not a bad idea.
Diedra - that is a LO
Jess and Lisa - the school situation is so fraught. It would be great if they gave the teachers more say in the decisions since it impacts them from so many different angles
Jane - So sorry about dad . I do hope that DH and I are able to age well

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I headed out this afternoon to Walmart and Aldi. I wanted to stop at GoodWill but all of a sudden it was late. I walked all around Walmart picking up things Dh never thinks of getting. I needed two new plastic bread boards. Mine were getting kind of cut up looking. Loaded up on Chocolate for making Christmas candies. I figured it might all disappear closer to the Holidays. Two bags of powdered sugar. Did not like the brand of brown sugar on the shelf so passed on that. Got Chocolate and White chocolate chips, unsweetened baking chocolate, milk and white chocolate chips and some Reese peanut butter mini bites for cookies unless I eat them tonight. lol Oh and 2 cans of Cranberry Relish.

DD needed pillow cases so she ended up with 6 new ones. 4 from Walmart but Aldi had satin ones. Aldi always has interesting gluten free items so I looked at them. Picked up frozen mussels and they had some clams. They went into our dinner tonight with lobster, shrimp, scallops, corn on the cob and potatoes. It was 5pm by the time I got it all in the oven. It takes at least an hour or hour and a half to cook. So late dinner tonight for us.

I did find another load of items to wash. Our personal wipes. Now that I have a washer DD and I can start using them again. I did pick up 2 more packs of cloths at Walmart. We are set for awhile in that department. Can't believe how much toilet paper we have used since the washer went out.

I did do a little gardening today. Just walked around pulling up some little weeds. Did make it all the way around the house and even some in the cactus garden.
cactus.jpeg

Reactions: teachermomof2

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Lisa, looks like we were post at the same time. I was wondering if you knew what your school was going to do. When will school start. One thing I keep hearing is get the kids in the classroom so the parents can go to work. Are there options to do schooling from home if a parent chooses?
I understand your stress, not only are you in a classroom all day with students that you have no idea where they have been and what safety precautions are taken at home but you are going home to your own family. We were so quick to get them out of school due to the virus but just as quick to put them back in after they have had the summer to run around. Precede as you normally would and hope for the best.

There is an option for cyber school for families who prefer not to send their students to school. School begins August 28th for students.
There's just so much to consider. Our students travel a lot between our town and hometowns in NJ, NY and Philadelphia. That is what is very concerning.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good evening!

Just wanted to share that we just got news that J's brother and his family....son, daughter and wife...have COVID. They had been traveling to Myrtle Beach, and to northern PA, and their college daughter was partying a lot, so they picked it up somewhere. J's other brother and his wife also live near them, but we haven't heard their status yet. They live about 3 hours away, so we don't see them frequently.

Otherwise, not much else going on....made a great dinner tonight. Chicken Skewers, Naan bread, Couscous, Berry Salad and a Cucumber Tomato Salad. Everything was so good!

J picked some hot peppers from the garden, as well as some blackberries and raspberries from our bushes. Things are starting to produce.

The guys are watching NASCAR. M is reading and I'm here....going to watch some tv in bed soon.

Jody....sorry you had to cancel your trip. These times are so trying. Hugs to you!
Jessica...will they place you for student teaching? I was just wondering how that is going to work out here. My student teacher did her second placement on line with her co-teacher from March-April.
Diedra....have you tried Aldi gluten free brownie mix? I made them when my cousin came to visit and they were good. I'm sure you have more options for baking, but as someone who doesn't bake gluten free regularly it was perfect!

Hope you have a restful night!

~peace and blessings~

• Wow
Reactions: luludou

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hoping the Covid cases are all mild ones.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Jessica...will they place you for student teaching? I was just wondering how that is going to work out here. My student teacher did her second placement on line with her co-teacher from March-April.

~peace and blessings~
The placement coordinator here in Hawaii (hired by WGU) SAID she called the schools on my list and they said they weren't accepting student teachers. She also said that another school they have used in the past for WGU teachers said they would take student teachers but she hasn't gotten back to me with any details or anything so i'm not sure if that was actually the case. It's a bit further away but I agreed to it.

School is supposed to start here on August 4th and teachers go back on the 29th. I'm getting really nervous about not having any information on a placement. I don't know what the contingency plan is if I don't get a placement being that we live on an island and there really isn't anywhere else to go. I don't blame schools for not wanting someone extra to have to worry about, but at the same time it would someone else to help out with students and such.

I'm going to email the WGU placement team tomorrow and ask some questions since I don't have contact information for the Hawaii person.