Wednesday July 22, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
It is raining! Might melt walking out! Can only wish several pounds would go!!!!

Storm came thru at work yesterday and power was off the last 45 minutes of the work day. Was to come on about 9 p.m. I think. Wonder how the computers will be this a.m..

I think Teigan will stay tonight to make stuff for her moms birthday tomorrow.

I better move along.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning Lana and all who follow - so excited for the CIJ Ornament Swap box coming in the mail! I'm hoping that the post office cooperates and that it is here on or before Rudolph Day!

Picked up my prescriptions, made it with half an hour to spare, good to know for the future since who knows when they will open up on Saturday again. Ran to Target for a few supplies but they didn't have the totes I wanted, will try somewhere else. Verizon closes at 5:00pm now so that will have to wait until this weekend and the salad from Chipotle was amazing. Listening to my audio book in the car on the way there and back, a good evening all around.

Off to work today, back at my own desk.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
good morning picked up gson . we got food from chick-fil-a. going to paint some more rocks today. another hot day almost 100. we had a thunderstorm last nite too. have a good day

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day everyone. I sound like a broken record but it's going to be hot again today. We may get some rain. Thankful for AC & fans. Another thing I detest about Summer besides the heat is mosquitos, flies and pants ughh.

Also thankful for Cajun turkey & smoked turkey lunch meat. No cooking for a couple of days at least.

We're waiting on the rest of a WM order to come in. Mostly just another go with flow day.

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Morning all!
Waited for so long to hear the province's official plan...which is pretty much not a plan. Going back as usual full capacity no distancing other than kids having lunch and recess in their classrooms. They can wear masks if they want. They do have to wear them on buses because that's the rule for all buses. My favourite part is that kids will be self-monitoring for Covid. No temp checks? I mean, I can't really see putting that responsibilty on kids as young as three.
I'm not sure how many people in the comments section are just letting off steam and how many are serious about it, but if they're serious I think the homeschool office will be overwhelmed with applications in the next few days, so I'd better get mine in quickly!
So guess I'll be working on those forms today! Feels like a poutine night here for dinner. Hope everyone is doing well.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

I had a terrible night. I went to bed early with my migraine after taking a shower and my meds, didn't even eat dinner. I couldn't get to sleep and the meds took forever to kick in. I was up sometime between 12-1 feeling sick and ended up throwing up. I found some promethazine in my cabinet so took one of those and went back to bed. Finally was able to fall asleep but feel really tired and groggy this morning. I slept in but had to get up to use the bathroom and just came downstairs. I could easily go back to sleep and may here on the couch. I didn't miss the migraines at all when they were gone. :rolleyes:

No plans today so i'll just be relaxing and taking it easy.

Lana- I'm surprised that the bank doesn't have backup generators.
Pamela- Glad you were able to get most of your errands done.
Faye- Is there a rock group in your area? Do you hide them and find others and post them to a FB group?
Tricia- I hate mosquitoes and flies too!
FS- Lots of families are choosing to homeschool here this year that have never done it before. Our schools are offering a completely virtual model for those that want it, but most are doing a blended model, with two days in school, two days of assigned work at home and the last day distance learning.

Enjoy your day!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Afternoon, everybody!

Took N for his colonoscopy and then he treated me to breakfast. Add me to the "Sleepless in Seattle" crew, only slept about 3 1/2 hours. Had to pick him up at 7:10. Even tho I had 3 1/2 cups of coffee at breakfast, I am sleepy. Very tired. I thought I saw a nap in my future, but I must have been daydreaming. Not happening.

I sat in the hospital parking lot waiting for N to get done. Finished reading my book. Checked on my phone while waiting for the phone calls about N. One from the nurse verifying that I was his transportation. One from the doc telling me he was clean as a whistle, no polyps this time. That was a good thing. Then the third call was to come and get him. I did but had to wait even more. But he was fine, and that is what is important. Then breakfast and home.

Last night, John ordered a pizza for me, because this week has been so awful. I just ate 2 pieces. It was really good. Then we watched "Fringe", and I came home. He had invited a friend of his named Mark. Mark is a sweetheart who is developmentally challenged. I love to hear him laugh! He is something else.

We had quite a rainstorm while I sat in the parking lot waiting. Now the sun is trying so hard to peek thru the clouds. However, we are due for some more rain tonight and tomorrow. We do need some, I guess.

Stephen has talked to Melanie, and she is doing a bit better. He hopes she gets to come home Sunday or Monday. I am praying!

That is it for me. Think I might try for that nap. Stay safe and be blessed.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! Another hot one - around 90*. Very oppressive out.

Had a very nice lunch with my friend (86 yr old former cw). We sat outside, as the restaurant is technically in NYC which does not have indoor seating yet. Although it was hot, we went later in the day and the umbrella's were angled well so we didn't roast.

This morning I dashed out to the Farmer's Market. Got bread from my favorite bakery but was very surprised that there were no summer vegetables and hardly any fruits. All the veggies were winter ones like beets and carrots - no tomatoes or peppers or cukes. Corn was 75 cents an ear which I did not want to spend. Maybe next week.

DH and I got Jersey Mike's subs for lunch; will be having Blue Apron tilapia for dinner.

Got a library book for the first time in who knows how long - they are now doing curbside pickup. I wasn't aware how it worked ( you get an e-mail, then you make an appointment and they leave the book on a table outside for you to pick up). I didn't do all that but the librarian was nice and found my book for me anyhow. I have two more on order and will do it the right way next time.

Stay cool everyone. Hugs to you all and nap if you didn't sleep well!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Hello. I would love some of the rain some of you are getting. No clouds here.

Ds called this morning, and he has been sending me pictures of his new little baby boy. I even got to hear the little guy cry for a few seconds. So sweet. Made me cry too.

Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of my youngest son's passing. I'm an emotional mess, with a headache to boot.

I don't have any plans today except a shower and get dressed, which I should be doing right now. I think I'm going to need to bake some brownies - chocolate fixes everything, right? And a Christmas movie - I'm feeling a better day ahead. Time for that shower.

Have a nice day.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Got a library book for the first time in who knows how long - they are now doing curbside pickup. I wasn't aware how it worked ( you get an e-mail, then you make an appointment and they leave the book on a table outside for you to pick up).
That's the set-up at our library.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good afternoon all!

It rained and thundered this morning/early afternoon. It's cleared up for now, but temps are back up and we are under a severe thunderstorm watch until 7 pm. The radar stays clear until about 9 tonight, so we will see. Pop Ups are always a possibility when it's hot and humid.

I was up earlier than usual. M and I walked. I talked to my parents a bit. My mom is having trouble breathing in this weather. They have window ac in the living room. She refuses to use one in the bedroom. SMH. I think it would help her,but he won't hear of it. Then I made us lunch, watched an episode of Outer Banks with M and hopped into the shower. I vac'd again and have done all the usual chores.

I am making gnocchi for dinner. I was hoping to make that snickerdoodle zucchini bread today, but my tiny zucchini isn't enough for 2 cups of shredded zucchini. One in the garden should be about ready, so I can do that tomorrow. I'll read some zucchini for dinner tonight and cook it in the air fryer.

Deb...congrats again on the new grandson. Hugs to you during this difficult time...my heart goes out to you.
Pam...glad Norm is okay.
Debbie...eating outside in NYC sounds lovely.
Jessica...hope you are feeling better.
Hi Tricia!
Hi FS! Poutine sounds perfect!
Hi Lana, Pamela and HW2!

peace and blessings~

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning to you all,
It's still quite dark here and it is just past 8am. I think it will be one of those grey, misty Winter days.
A trip to the big hardware shop this morning with Mum to look at Christmas presents for the boys, I will also pick up a few gift cards.
I ordered DH's big present yesterday, a very large cooler. He got one for Christmas last year and has said all along that it would be great to have a second one for when we do a big grocery shop. I looked online and found one and delivery will be free, I have sent it to Mum's address and she will store it for me. Glad to have that done.

After shopping we will go back to Mum's and we are going to look through the planners and see where we are up to and if we get time we will make some Christmas crackers for use on Christmas day. I know it is a little early but we wanted to do something for CIJ.

Better get moving, sitting here is nice but not too productive.
XOXO

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Afternoon!

I have slept on the couch all morning for the most part. After I posted here, I ate some breakfast and then passed out. I have gotten up a couple times to use the bathroom and then gone right back to sleep. I could easily sleep all day I think but I made myself get up and make some toast. I'll try to stay awake now so I can sleep tonight, it's almost 1 p.m.. I took my temp and don't have a fever, not sure what is going on with me. It has rained here at some point, we need it too. We have a hurricane coming but i'm sure it will be downgraded to a tropical storm by the time it gets here Sunday into Monday.

Since I have done absolutely nothing today but sleep, I really have nothing to report.
Deb- Thinking of you!

Reactions: PamelaG

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Deb, sending you love and prayers tonight. We are all here for you.

I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. I hurt all over from my fall. Jess, I fell in my daughter's office at church after Bible study. I was trying to sit in her desk chair. It went backwards and I went forward on my knees. They are bruised and a little swollen. But it could have been worse.

My big news is: Melanie gets to come home tomorrow. Stephen is so excited! He will go pick her up. And he will be so happy to have her home. In October, they will be married thirteen years. I think that is right. I am so sleepy.

Well, I have taken my bedtime meds, so I bid you Guten Nacht.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Deb, sending love.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Back from the hardware store. Got a few things for DH that were unexpected. They had really nice looking work socks made from bamboo so I got those. I also got some gift cards to put away so I think DH might be nearly done.
Mum bought him a rake/hoe that would be good for fire fighting, clearing land etc. So a good shopping day.
We made home made crackers for on the dinner table for Christmas, listened to some Christmas music and just chatted, a lovely afternoon.

Dinner tonight will be pizza or McDonalds. Don't want to waste a perfect day by having to cook lol.