WEEK 1: Front Porch and Lists

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My projects always take longer than I plan for, but front sunporch and kitchen porch projects are well on their way. This year has required some painting touch-ups so its been a bit more involved for time. As we move into week two we will still be working on these areas, but I feel so hopeful they may be finished soon :)
I find with the plan that there are areas that I don't have such as a basement or attic. I use these weeks as extra time for the bigger areas of my house. The kitchen and my bedroom for example takes 2 weeks each so I will take up the attic week and basement week and add them to the kitchen and bedroom.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
My front porch is ok but the back is another story. However, it will have to wait until it is a bit cooler and I have some help. I can't do things like I used to
I'm with you. My front porch is almost done -- and would have been finished, but the weather prevented me from painting. My back deck will wait until late Oct. or early Nov., as all it requires is pulling the deck rail planters and discarding the plantings, folding up and stowing the table, chairs, and all cushions, and moving everything except the grill to the corner for the winter. Grill is plumbed to the townhome's natural gas line, and gets used throughout the winter (it's right outside the patio door). That all can be done in one day, and I'm not ready to put things away just yet -- warm days are still ahead of us into early to mid-Oct.