Week 1 planning and paper work

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
Jinglemom wrote " I tend to jot down alot of things I want to remember on random pieces of paper (Christmas ideas, ideas from blogs, lists etc) so I have alot of papers with jumbles of different ideas on them."

I have that same problem. I have helped it some by using POST-IT NOTES. I write my thoughts on them and then stick the notes into (or onto) the proper folders. Sometimes I stick them into my daytimer until I get a chance to put them where they go.

Papers multiply in my house too GRRRRRRR. I have been trying to find a system that works for me. It is a slow going mess.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Okay, I have completed most of this week's holiday prep checklist.

(x) Set up Christmas notebook
(x) Family values worksheet
(x) Establish holiday budget
(x) Begin Master gift list

This weekend I will work on creating a Christmas planning activity center. It will be set up in the guest bedroom. I have already begun removing some pieces of furniture that I no longer want. I hope to have it near completion by the end of the long weekend.

How is everyone else doing?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Things are looking good as as far as Holiday Prep.

Haven't been able to make a Mater Gift list yet. With teenagers, they never know what they want. I am writing down ideas as I hear them mentioning stuff. Soon, they will be full of ideas, so not worried about them.

Can't even mention the subject of Christmas to my sister as she gets mad and refuses to discuss it or give me ideas for the kids. I have learned to wait until she beings it up, which is usually not until December. I have learned to live with it.

I think I am off to a pretty good start for the first week.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Okay, I have completed most of this week's holiday prep checklist.

(x) Set up Christmas notebook
(x) Family values worksheet
(x) Establish holiday budget
(x) Begin Master gift list

Okay, Aggy just upped the ante with the word "finished"! Aggy, you completely motivated me! I'm finally getting out of the house today as I'll finally have my last kid back in school today. I'm going shopping and will be looking for a faster scanner for Evernote (I think Fujitsu was the one I read about on Amazon that is good for Evernote and may just order it there). I laughed at the comment on sitting and staring at the scan pile. I had that exact same image!!

Also want to go with a set of thinner photo albums for my recipes this year. I really like my 10 recipe card spread (made a year or 2 ago) using 4x6 cards and photo albums for my favorite recipes but a fat photo album is too heavy throughout the year. Think I'll switch to full size but "thinner" photo albums and use 1 for Holidays, 1 for Desserts, 1 for Meats etc. I'll see what I come up with. Need to get cracking on the 2010 Photo Book as well. I waited too long to put that together last year and it stressed me out in December. This year I want it done by Dec 1 (right after I take a picture of the Christmas Tree!) And all this starts with ordering a backup system for my computer before the whole thing crashes. I have a separate harddrive to back up to but it only connects to one computer. Looking at using Carbonite as an online backup. Anyone love their backup system? It's all got so much Big Brother potential! Makes me paranoid.

On the One Note thing (& Evernote) -- There's tons of videos on both on YouTube. One Note is super simple. Just cut and paste. You can make as many notebooks as you like. I'll let you all know what I learn on Evernote.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Cindylouwho- Looking forward to hearing what you find out!

Annie

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Thanks for sharing your ideas with us newbies. The One Note software sounds heavenly but I am totally paranoid of a computer crash and losing everything. BTDT and it never gets easier.

I came in a little late for week 1 but I was able to complete the following:
(X) 2010 Holiday Planner created with calendars, Dividers, Weekly Assignments, Family Values, Master Gift list started, Menu Plans done
(X) Desktop cleared off, cleaned and reorganized

I vowed not to stress over the entire home office decluttering because my home office is in the same room as my creative space so it would have been difficult to complete one and not the other successfully. I'm still focused on paperwork. I've gathered the paperwork from every room in the house and contained it in boxes near my diningroom table where I can sit and sort, throw, organize and file. It will be much easier to place these files into a nice clean room this week.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Finally started working on my Christmas activity center yesterday. I'm getting rid of my computer hutch and using a regular table. Now I need some ideas on how to set everything up. What do you all have in your activity center.