Week 11: Food Storage Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
http://christmas.organizedhome.com/topics/houseworks-holiday-plan/food-storage-week

I will be cleaning and organizing my kitchen pantry as well as the shelves I use downstairs as a pantry. I also have an upstairs closet that I use as well.

I will be defrosting my freezer - I hate this job.

I wasn't going to, but have decided to make at least 4 freezer meals. It is really nice having them on those busy nights. Now, if only I could find some recipes that everyone likes.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I just did the panty tonight. I tossed most of the plastic containers I was saving for whatever good reason.

I need to do the refrig freezer. I did toss out all the ice yesterday from the ice maker. I want only fresh ice for company. We do not use much ice so once a month I toss the old ice onto the garden. I put a new baking soda in the refrig.

The freezer downstairs needs defrosting. I usually wait until it cold enough in the garage to keep the food frozen. So that will wait until after the holidays.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks for starting this Mel.

Since I'm off Thursday and Friday I will spend those days cleaning out the fridge and preparing the cookie dough.

Ahorsesoul you reminded me that I need to get extra baking soda for the fridge/freezer after they're cleaned out.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My 2 pantries are done. The defreezing of downstairs freezer will wait in February when I can store everything outside while I clean the freezer. However, I have looked into it and am doing a not-so-bad job of eating what's in there so the new stuff can be stored.
However the fridge freezer needs to be done. Geez! thanks for the reminder! :)