WEEK 13: Dining Room Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Welcome to Week 13! It’s Dining room week and Thanksgiving for many of us. The bottom line: enjoy the holiday with family and friends! If you don’t have time to dismantle the dining room and put it back together, don’t worry about it.

For those who do have time: Wash windows and curtains. Empty china cabinets, wash and dust everything. Find the proper home for items that don’t belong or put in the discard pile. Polish furniture. Dust baseboards, any trim, wash floors. Dust frames of pictures clean glass. Add extra leaves to table and arrange seating for Thanksgiving.

Continue if time:
Holiday baking
Freezer meals
Food donations
Gift shopping
Gift wrapping and preparing to ship gifts
2022 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
If homemade gifts are not finished consider putting them aside and purchase a gift.
If homemade Christmas cards are not finished consider purchasing cards.
Order/ buy stamps

Other items this week:
Continue prep for thanksgiving.
Plan when to start defrost turkey
check linens and dishes
Plan seating arrangements for dinner
review menus
Review recipes and update grocery shopping list
order any extra chairs etc
check holiday clothing.
Label serving dishes and utensils
Prepare any dishes that can be made in advance (pie crusts, sides, etc) and freeze.
Plan to use a freezer meal on Wednesday.
Begin to set up crèche
Begin to check Christmas decor (lights etc if time)
Make Black Friday plans

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Started my list of meal items, when to defrost, things to make ahead, order of recipe make ahead .... whew! LOL DS19 wants to help do prep with me! Yay!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Started my list of meal items, when to defrost, things to make ahead, order of recipe make ahead .... whew! LOL DS19 wants to help do prep with me! Yay!
I am down to making a pie on Tuesday, Deviled eggs on Wednesday and Thursday's meal of chicken, mashed potaotes, sweet potatoes, green beans and gravy. Pie all I have to do is make the filling, DH will do the eggs. Other items are done and in the freezer or being brought by others.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
My dining room and living room are all in one, so floors and baseboards were done at that time. I just need to run the dust mop over the floors and make sure the dining table remains cleared. It's opposite the coat closet and right before the kitchen, so tends to be the drop spot for mail, my purse, and other items. Just need to get back into the habit of hanging my coat in the closet, rather than on the back of the chair. I'll get to the china cabinets some other time. DMom is coming in on Tuesday morning and wants to do some clothes shopping on Weds. Need to make an apple pie and pumpkin pie (probably Weds. evening), bake pumpkin muffins on Thanksgiving morning ,and put together the green been casserole on Thanksgiving Day.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Trees are up and took care of the mess I made. Pumpkin pie is in the oven.

I picked up our thanksgiving dinner today. Decided to have lunch since I was there which was very good. Waitress brought out my thanksgiving order - 2 bags stuffed with food. Didn’t really think that much about it. Well I know why the bags looked stuffed! 4 containers each (2 servings per container) of green bean casserole and sweet potatoes, 2 containers each of dressing and mashed potatoes. Everything else was correct. I wonder if someone got distracted packing my order. Guess I’ll be freezing some of the sides.